[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: "You have to love those Marquette guys. Marquette equals toughness."  (Read 9588 times)

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
"You have to love those Marquette guys. Marquette equals toughness." That was a commentators comment on the Summer League game I am watching between the Mavs and the Pacers. This was after singing Dwight Buycks praises throughout another good performance, and referring to his stats in China as "high school like numbers."

Good luck Dwight and the rest, and thanks for representing Marquette so well!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 06:11:24 PM by auburnmarquette »
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

warriorchick

• All American
Re: "You have to love those Marquette guys. Marquette equals toughness."
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 04:31:32 PM »

Have some patience, FFS.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 06:51:51 AM »

Your online personality seems to have taken a turn.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 09:04:22 AM »
"You have to love those Marquette guys. Marquette equals toughness." That was a commentators comment on the Summer League game I am watching between the Mavs and the Pacers. This was after singing Dwight Buycks praises throughout another good performance, and referring to his stats in China as "high school like numbers."

Good luck Dwight and the rest, and thanks for representing Marquette so well!

The coaches video from the Centennial celebration hits on the toughness factor several times.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 11:40:05 AM »
Your online personality seems to have taken a turn.

Okay, maybe my "comment" was a little over the top, but seriously, fellas, some of you have some real self-esteem issues when it comes to MU Basketball. I guess I don't understand why you care so much about what people outside the organization think.

How many days until the season starts? 
Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 11:58:21 AM »
Bumstead could give ya day, hours, minutes, and seconds, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 12:14:34 PM »
Okay, maybe my "comment" was a little over the top, but seriously, fellas, some of you have some real self-esteem issues when it comes to MU Basketball. I guess I don't understand why you care so much about what people outside the organization think.

I always thought getting unsolicited positive recognition from others is a good thing....

If the JS or the city of Milwaukee praised Lovell's Grocery, I would imagine you would post a link.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 12:18:43 PM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 01:07:36 PM »
I always thought getting unsolicited positive recognition from others is a good thing....

If the JS or the city of Milwaukee praised Lovell's Grocery, I would imagine you would post a link.

Nope. Not unless someone on Scoop said that no one thought it was a good thing.
Have some patience, FFS.

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 01:27:20 PM »

Booooo

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 01:30:57 PM »

+1000

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 03:34:06 PM »

idk, I thought it was a cool little thing for the dregs of summer. Agree with "how long until the season starts" - but if not fun throwaway tidbits like this, I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for in July on a MU basketball message board (and this is coming from a guy with multiple posts in a thread about minimum wage and optimus prime in the superbar).

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 03:29:09 AM »
idk, I thought it was a cool little thing for the dregs of summer. Agree with "how long until the season starts" - but if not fun throwaway tidbits like this, I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for in July on a MU basketball message board (and this is coming from a guy with multiple posts in a thread about minimum wage and optimus prime in the superbar).

Wait, Optimus Prime works for minimum wage?

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2017, 12:15:16 AM »
Wow, you are trying way too hard. During the summer I pop on muscoop once a week for a quick check, or if I see someone say something good about mu pop on for a second to pass it along. Takes 30 seconds of my time normally. It's nice when you travel all over the country and realize outside the bubble 90% of people have never heard of Marquette and most often don't know how to pronounce it - so worth repeating nice things when they are said.

The one nice thing about your reply is it is so incoherent that I will make you only the second person I have ever blocked to make sure I never waste more than these past few seconds ever considering the next empty thought or photo you post. Darwinism works after all - thank you!
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 05:10:48 PM »
Best thread of the year so far.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 07:02:42 PM »
Chick, see why you started. Geez.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2017, 08:06:40 PM »
        a misandrist among us :o
don't...don't don't don't don't

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 03:37:38 AM »
Wow, you are trying way too hard. During the summer I pop on muscoop once a week for a quick check, or if I see someone say something good about mu pop on for a second to pass it along. Takes 30 seconds of my time normally. It's nice when you travel all over the country and realize outside the bubble 90% of people have never heard of Marquette and most often don't know how to pronounce it - so worth repeating nice things when they are said.

The one nice thing about your reply is it is so incoherent that I will make you only the second person I have ever blocked to make sure I never waste more than these past few seconds ever considering the next empty thought or photo you post. Darwinism works after all - thank you!

Here, here. The thread mocking people's names is beyond insipid; it is downright racist.

Death on call

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 08:09:37 AM »
Here, here. The thread mocking people's names is beyond insipid; it is downright racist.
LMAO.  The irony of making the racist charge against the person the alt-right Brietbarter is in conflict with.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Donnybrook

• Walk-On
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 10:41:04 AM »
It's nice when you travel all over the country and realize outside the bubble 90% of people have never heard of Marquette and most often don't know how to pronounce it

Has not been my experience at all. As a matter of fact given my travels and the fact I am living in my 3rd city in the last seven years I have been quite pleased by the notoriety that Marquette has nationally. To be fair most random conversations I strike up are with other sports fans, so perhaps the power of college basketball is helping my cause... But I can assure you that in NYC (where I just moved from) and down here in the Tampa Bay area (where I live now), Marquette is very much a known name. They might not always know it's in Milwaukee, but the majority certainly are aware of us. 

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 04:56:31 PM »
Has not been my experience at all. As a matter of fact given my travels and the fact I am living in my 3rd city in the last seven years I have been quite pleased by the notoriety that Marquette has nationally. To be fair most random conversations I strike up are with other sports fans, so perhaps the power of college basketball is helping my cause... But I can assure you that in NYC (where I just moved from) and down here in the Tampa Bay area (where I live now), Marquette is very much a known name. They might not always know it's in Milwaukee, but the majority certainly are aware of us.
This is correct and in my travels almost always if I have an MU t-shirt people will acknowledge. Mu is more widely known than people think.
Goal is National Championship

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 05:27:33 PM »
In Florida about five times a year,always reppin MU stuff, get many positive remarks but just
blank stares from the Wisky wearers!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 05:57:05 PM »
Reppin' MU gear in Tennessee and Kentucky.    Comments aplenty.    Like Blueprint, nothing but stone faces from Wiscy wearers. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 07:48:36 PM »

WTF is going on here?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2017, 12:40:22 PM »
Stan must read scoop. Tweeted this an obvious response to this thread.
https://twitter.com/mucoachjohnson/status/897087183588401152
Goal is National Championship

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2017, 01:56:07 PM »
my aunt and uncle went to france on vacation.  he's an MU law grad.  my aunt broke a tooth/tooth ache.  went to see a dentist that they were told spoke english.  my uncle was wearing an MU hat.  turns out the dentist was an MU grad as well.  they spoke the whole time, over my aunt laying in the chair, how bummed he was about MU's name change to golden whatevers
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback