collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Cubs Fans, Worried Yet?  (Read 26498 times)

🏀

• All American

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Cubs Fans, Worried Yet?
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2017, 10:21:04 PM »

Somebody had this thread saved in their favorites expecting to be able to come back to it much sooner than he was able to.

And one that Heise started, no less.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2017, 01:06:22 AM »

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2017, 12:34:48 PM »
3 (NLDS) + 4 (NLCS) + 4 (World Series) = 11

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2017, 12:46:00 PM »
3 (NLDS) + 4 (NLCS) + 4 (World Series) = 11

Extremely tough series ahead.  Nats are a great team. 

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2017, 12:48:13 PM »

;D
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2017, 01:02:25 PM »
Extremely tough series ahead.  Nats are a great team.

The Nats also have Dusty, which can occasionally negate a team's greatness.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2017, 01:10:37 PM »
The Nats also have Dusty, which can occasionally negate a team's greatness.

Very true.  He definitely won't want his guys clogging the bases.

Let's hope Strasburg has a rare off night and Hendricks keeps it going. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2017, 02:33:53 PM »
I just can't wait until Murphy runs into one in his first at bat tonight.  That'll bring back some memories...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2017, 02:42:31 PM »
Classic Wades.  Sad. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2017, 03:59:55 PM »

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2017, 06:30:09 PM »
I just can't wait until Murphy runs into one in his first at bat tonight.  That'll bring back some memories...
That would be soul crushing because then they might take back the Cubs World Series Championship from last ye...wait no they can’t ever take it back!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2017, 06:41:49 PM »
That would be soul crushing because then they might take back the Cubs World Series Championship from last ye...wait no they can’t ever take it back!

As both a fan and as an (much, much, much lower level than the MLB) athlete, when I was in a position to possibly win a championship I didn't/still don't enjoy losing whether I won a championship the previous years or hadn't won one in 108 years.

Different strokes for different folks.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2017, 08:53:06 AM »
I have been a Cubs fan since 1975.  I had legitimately contemplated (as in on a long drive in the car or sitting on the riding mower) that they would go my entire lifetime without winning a World Series and how depressing that would be. You know, real 1st world problem stuff. Last winter and this spring, the sense of relief (and happiness) when the topic of baseball came up was more than I could have hoped for.

Now that they have one I can move on to other major world issues like will MU ever win a National Championship during my “college basketball lifetime”. (Sorry, the Magic/Bird Championship is as far back as my memories of college basketball go).

Granted, I was not handling their below average start to this season very well, so I reserve the right to completely reverse my stance if they win a few more playoff games this year.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2017, 09:50:35 AM »
2 (NLDS) + 4 (NLCS) + 4 (WS)

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2017, 10:29:31 AM »

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2017, 11:17:52 PM »
I can move on to other major world issues like will MU ever win a National Championship during my “college basketball lifetime”. (Sorry, the Magic/Bird Championship is as far back as my memories of college basketball go).

Me and God have a deal. I can't die until they win another one!

I go back to 1966! I think we will get another -- and it will be Wojo who delivers  ;D

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2017, 10:18:01 AM »
Now that they have one I can move on to other major world issues like will MU ever win a National Championship during my “college basketball lifetime”. (Sorry, the Magic/Bird Championship is as far back as my memories of college basketball go).

That's where I'm at, led to someone accusing me of being sexist two nights ago because I said that a USA Men's World Cup would mean more to me than a Women's World Cup win. She started ranting about what a terrible person it made me, but I've seen the Women win three World Cups, I've never seen the Men even make the semi-finals.

For me, the remaining titles that would really get me excited are Marquette Men's basketball, Marquette Women's basketball, USA Men's World Cup, and Reading FC winning any significant trophy (FA or Carling Cup, or whatever they call that now).
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2017, 10:28:52 AM »
That's where I'm at, led to someone accusing me of being sexist two nights ago because I said that a USA Men's World Cup would mean more to me than a Women's World Cup win. She started ranting about what a terrible person it made me, but I've seen the Women win three World Cups, I've never seen the Men even make the semi-finals.

For me, the remaining titles that would really get me excited are Marquette Men's basketball, Marquette Women's basketball, USA Men's World Cup, and Reading FC winning any significant trophy (FA or Carling Cup, or whatever they call that now).

And the womans world cup is kind of a joke in itself. Since the US is the only one who puts an actual product on the field. I remember the girls from Japan that one year that won were basically semi pro and practiced after work.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2017, 10:37:25 AM »
And the womans world cup is kind of a joke in itself. Since the US is the only one who puts an actual product on the field. I remember the girls from Japan that one year that won were basically semi pro and practiced after work.

You just can't handle the fact that from a relative standpoint, the women are a better team.

Kind of like Marquette basketball.   ;D
Have some patience, FFS.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2017, 11:42:38 AM »
You just can't handle the fact that from a relative standpoint, the women are a better team.

Kind of like Marquette basketball.   ;D

From a relative standpoint St. Joesph's 6th grade basketball team is better then the Warriors. But when you put up a team of 6' kids who practice every day against some white boys who practice once a week, its really not all that impressive.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2017, 11:47:14 AM »

The Women actually have a decent field now. Not every team, but Sweden, Germany, Brazil all play tough and fairly attractive football. Even Canada is pretty solid. Many European clubs have started professional women's teams and the USA has the pro league that is somehow still surviving. We were definitely miles ahead to start because of Title IX, but the world is catching up.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #123 on: October 12, 2017, 01:33:04 PM »
The Women actually have a decent field now. Not every team, but Sweden, Germany, Brazil all play tough and fairly attractive football. Even Canada is pretty solid. Many European clubs have started professional women's teams and the USA has the pro league that is somehow still surviving. We were definitely miles ahead to start because of Title IX, but the world is catching up.

Especially from a professional standpoint.  The USWNT is a juggernaut on the field and in marketing, but the US still doesn't have a legitimate womens league and you see players going to England and France where the Premier League and Ligue 1 have womens leagues. 

Add France and Norway to the list of nations that have Womens teams that have given the US trouble in the past.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2017, 08:52:59 AM »
Bring on the Dodgers.