Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 03:25:13 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 03:21:55 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JFB to the T Wolves  (Read 27559 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: JFB to the T Wolves
« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2017, 10:55:28 AM »
Trending in a very similar to Giannas, also bonus points for being stuck playing with Melo and the Knicks.

Yes and Jordan at one time was trending to be great but nobody would say he was Better than Magic in the 80s.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 10:57:40 AM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2017, 10:59:54 AM »
Yes and Jordan at one time was trending to be great but nobody would say he was Better than Magic in the 80s.

It's like nobody read that I said players I'd rather have then Jimmy, not players better than Jimmy...

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2017, 11:08:08 AM »
It's like nobody read that I said players I'd rather have then Jimmy, not players better than Jimmy...

I read it

Lillard makes no sense
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2017, 11:11:05 AM »

But Porzingas?  I mean the guy had a nice rookie year, fell a little back this year, but you would rather have him than a three time NBA all star who is a proven NBA player in his prime?

Glad you aren't a GM.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2017, 11:14:03 AM »

But Porzingas?  I mean the guy had a nice rookie year, fell a little back this year, but you would rather have him than a three time NBA all star who is a proven NBA player in his prime?

Glad you aren't a GM.

Fell back? He averaged like19 and 7 and shot nearly 40% from 3. Plus he's six years younger than Jimmy and a 7 footer with guard skills. Bulls ain't going anywhere fast with or without Jimmy. Again, this trade is going to mean very little for both teams in a few years.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2017, 11:35:10 AM »
Again, you keep mixing up two concepts:

1. Trading Jimmy because the "Bulls aren't going anywhere with him" is a solid decision.  He's not the kind of guy you build around. 

2.  Trading him for who they got was a poor decision.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2017, 11:46:18 AM »
Maybe, but I still don't think that they were ever gonna get a ton for him. Maybe another first rounder (keeping their own) but that's probably about it.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2017, 11:57:08 AM »

For the totality of the decade, maybe not, but by the end of the decade there were plenty arguing he was the best in the league. Led the league in scoring from 1986-87 until the end of the 1980s, won the MVP in 1988, the legendary Jordan Rules enacted by the Pistons to stop the best player on the planet...I know he didn't win his titles until the 1990s, but there was plenty of sentiment that he was the best player in the NBA before he won those titles and that it was just the rest of the Bulls roster holding him back.

Not sure how old you were in the 1980s, but I'd guess anyone in their 40s or older can attest that even before Jordan was winning titles, he was regarded as at absolute worst one of the three best players in the NBA well before the 1980s were done.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2017, 12:26:37 PM »
Selling Jordan Bell's draft rights is the icing on the $hit cake that was the Bulls night.

Gotta pay for Luis Robert somehow....
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2017, 12:28:52 PM »
For the totality of the decade, maybe not, but by the end of the decade there were plenty arguing he was the best in the league. Led the league in scoring from 1986-87 until the end of the 1980s, won the MVP in 1988, the legendary Jordan Rules enacted by the Pistons to stop the best player on the planet...I know he didn't win his titles until the 1990s, but there was plenty of sentiment that he was the best player in the NBA before he won those titles and that it was just the rest of the Bulls roster holding him back.

Not sure how old you were in the 1980s, but I'd guess anyone in their 40s or older can attest that even before Jordan was winning titles, he was regarded as at absolute worst one of the three best players in the NBA well before the 1980s were done.

I was negative 1

Perhaps I could have chosen a better example but I think my point was still obvious
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2017, 12:52:31 PM »
I was negative 1

Perhaps I could have chosen a better example but I think my point was still obvious

I don't think anyone here is arguing Jimmy is Jordan, but your point was that he's not top-20 and you only came up with 14 names, of which at least two (Porzingis & Fultz) simply isn't the case as of yet.

Your own posts indicate that your obvious point was one even you don't agree with. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2017, 01:05:48 PM »
I don't think anyone here is arguing Jimmy is Jordan, but your point was that he's not top-20 and you only came up with 14 names, of which at least two (Porzingis & Fultz) simply isn't the case as of yet.

Your own posts indicate that your obvious point was one even you don't agree with. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wrong person  ::)

People overvalue trading potential of NBA all stars. There's always a talk about a big trade deadline but nothing happens, and when it does you have the Pelicans getting Boogie for a first rounder and shield and the Bulls getting Jimmy for a high first rounder, Lavine and Dunn.

Gotta go through free agency like the Heat and Cavs or get ridiculously lucky in the draft like the Warriors did.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2017, 01:10:03 PM »

Umm brewcity I think you're going after the wrong youngin on here. I was pointing out Chitowns point about trending doesn't make much sense to rank them above a person now
Maigh Eo for Sam

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2017, 01:11:47 PM »

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2017, 01:18:50 PM »
JFB is in a better place now.  The bulls are a dumpster fire and will be for several years.  Thibs and JFB seem to connect, and I think Butler needs strong leadership.  Seems like he can be a bit of a dick at times and a strong leader can keep him in check.  The Wolves still aren't going to win anything with this roster but they'll be in the playoffs and should scare some teams.  They need a shooting PG and shooting off the bench and then they could be really good. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2017, 02:17:47 PM »
I'm probably more pissed off today about this trade than I was yesterday. I know I mentioned it on here before, but the time to tank/trade Butler was last year. Everyone knew this year's draft was really good. If you make the trade last year, you don't sign Wade/Rondo, and you're already a year in "the process". Now you've lost a year, you unfathomably gave up an extra asset to trade with Butler, missed a year to use Butler's trade exception money to take on a bad contract and acquire other assets with it.

I can't even get excited about the process because GarPax are leading the circus.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2017, 02:22:59 PM »
I'm probably more pissed off today about this trade than I was yesterday. I know I mentioned it on here before, but the time to tank/trade Butler was last year. Everyone knew this year's draft was really good. If you make the trade last year, you don't sign Wade/Rondo, and you're already a year in "the process". Now you've lost a year, you unfathomably gave up an extra asset to trade with Butler, missed a year to use Butler's trade exception money to take on a bad contract and acquire other assets with it.

I can't even get excited about the process because GarPax are leading the circus.

+1
Maigh Eo for Sam

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2017, 02:23:17 PM »
Gotta pay for Luis Robert somehow....

I will gladly sacrifice the Bulls being good for the sake of the White Sox.  Can they trade Wade and get Harper?

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #118 on: June 23, 2017, 02:37:52 PM »
Butler is under contract for 2 years.  The Bulls didn't even get an extra pick out of the deal, they just flipped picks to move up 7 spots.  And they took on a high volume scorer who relies on athleticism coming off of an ACL tear and a guy who couldn't beat out someone the Timberwolves have been trying to dump for years now.

Just because the Bulls won't be competitive with Jimmy doesn't mean you trade Jimmy for the only offer you can get that includes guys under the age of 26.  There would've been a ton more value in hanging onto Jimmy and seeing who's looking to buy mid season or else you can get at least the same amount of value next offseason as you just got last night.

This was a brutally bad trade, regardless of whether the Bulls are winning with or without Jimmy the next 2 years.

Chris Herring of 538 supports your argument

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-bulls-made-the-right-decision-but-the-wrong-trade/?addata=espn:frontpage

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2017, 02:42:39 PM »

Even if they traded Butler last offseason, they still may have signed Wade and Rondo  ::)

RideMyBuycks

• All American
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2017, 02:44:55 PM »
Bleacher Report had him raked 12th at the beginning of the year, for what it's worth.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2017, 02:46:07 PM »
20 was an exaggeration but off the top of my head these are the players I would rather have than JFB, potential is taken into account.

Lebron
Kyrie Ehhh, changed my mind on Kyrie
Steph
KD
AD
KAT
John Wall
Westbrook
Harden
Lillard
Kawahi
Paul George
Fultz
Porzingis
Giannas

Lillard no (and I really like him)
Fultz no
Porzingis maybe
Wall probably, could easily make a case for Jimmy
Paul George push/slight edge Butler for no injury history

so that's... 10 maybe

Bulls gave up a stud in his prime on a great cap-friendly contract to move up 9 slots in the draft. LOLLLLLLLLLL

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2017, 02:50:28 PM »
I really want to know the how/why the 16th pick got put into this deal.

If you're going to tank, why the hell aren't you hanging on to Jordan Bell?

Ughhhhhhhh, I hate this team.

RideMyBuycks

• All American
« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2017, 03:09:22 PM »
Deonte signs with wolves too. It's all coming together!

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2017, 03:12:35 PM »
I really want to know the how/why the 16th pick got put into this deal.

If you're going to tank, why the hell aren't you hanging on to Jordan Bell?

Ughhhhhhhh, I hate this team.

Honestly, the trade wouldn't look as bad if they had kept #16 and taken a high-ceiling guy like Patton or Giles in addition to adding a piece at 38. Instead, they gave away both of those picks. Aside from just "throwing more darts," with all the one-and-dones, there's value available outside of the lottery. The Bulls decided not to take advantage of that. The ineptitude is mind-blowing.