[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JFB to the T Wolves  (Read 27582 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: JFB to the T Wolves
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2017, 08:43:07 AM »
It's the way the NBA has been for awhile.

I wonder with the new G League setup, if the teams will invest more in 4-year players because there's more roster space. Or if they will see more room for younger guys to take fliers on. I'm guessing the latter.

As far as Jimmy, I can't believe Boston didn't have an offer that exceeded that. Did they just refuse to trade with Boston? Maybe the Celtics preferred George.

There are certain assets the Celtics wanted to hold onto that the Bulls weren't willing to concede on. I have no clue what the Cavs were offering but they didn't have a high draft pick and it's not like they were about to part with Lebron or Kyrie.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 08:46:41 AM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2017, 08:47:34 AM »
Yer welcome 24/7, kin aii'ainnaaa. Grain free meal too, eh.

Grain free?  It sounds completely carb free!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2017, 08:47:42 AM »
That's a pretty hot take for a rookie playing under Thibs.
Maybe, I don't know, give him more than a season.

FWIW, this is a terrible trade for the Bulls.

I never thought his game would translate to the NBA.  Not a stellar shooter.  Pretty high turnover guy for a PG.  A high usage guy pushed up his per game stats.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2017, 08:51:03 AM »
You can't call Dunn a flop. I'm not saying he's a star, but Thibs does not play rookies...ever. That includes Jimmy Butler. It was a source of friction with McDermott, too. Dunn could be a very good player.

I don't understand the hand wringing. The Bulls were a mess last year. It's the same thing as these people up in arms about the possibility the Knicks might trade Porzingis. Who cares? They're terrible and he ain't the answer to their problems. Jimmy is a nice player but has seemingly become a locker room prima Donna. Ship him out! And I love Butler.

It's not about trading him. It's about the putrid return.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2017, 08:52:06 AM »
Chi, they're going full Sixers.

Or full Cubs circa 2010-14.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2017, 09:24:23 AM »
Okay, so? Let's look at Jimmy who was a 22 year old rookie as well, that rode the pine behind Rip Hamilton and Ronnie Brewer of all people...

I'm not trying to be mean, but I don't think you get the NBA.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2017, 09:43:14 AM »
I think being Marquette fans here, many people really overestimate JFBs value.

I certainly don't think he's a top 10 player in the league, hell he may have trouble cracking the top 20. I'm fine with what they got for him and I'd much rather have a god awful Bulls team than a mediocre one.

You don't know if he's top 20?

LOL
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2017, 09:46:10 AM »
Also

Dunn SUCKS

Guy can't even shoot free throws.

Wolves robbed the Bulls.

Last year they offered Rubio, Dunn(the 5 pick) and LaVine.

1 year later. Rubio isn't included. Dunn has shown he blows. LaVine has a torn ACL. They swap 9 spots in the draft and the Wolves still get a perfect high upside big.

Not gonna make people forget about Flynn instead of Curry but this was GREAT.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2017, 10:08:19 AM »

I certainly don't think he's a top 10 player in the league, hell he may have trouble cracking the top 20. I'm fine with what they got for him and I'd much rather have a god awful Bulls team than a mediocre one.

Jimmy Butler is a three time NBA All Star and was a member of an Olympic gold medal team.  You just don't trade players away like that for peanuts.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2017, 10:10:56 AM »

Please list the 20 players currently in the NBA that are better than JFB?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2017, 10:11:15 AM »
You don't know if he's top 20?

LOL

The Bulls we're never going to make it past the first round even with Jimmy. The only way they could get anywhere was to trade Jimmy, even if it means being terrible for five years. No big name free agent was ever going to come to Chicago with the current roster.

Again, not bothered at all with the trade and the Celtics weren't giving the Bulls anything reasonable to work with.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2017, 10:13:25 AM »
The Bulls we're never going to make it past the first round even with Jimmy. The only way they could get anywhere was to trade Jimmy, even if it means being terrible for five years. No big name free agent was ever going to come to Chicago with the current roster.

Again, not bothered at all with the trade and the Celtics weren't giving the Bulls anything reasonable to work with.

My issue is you saying Jimmy might not be top 20.

He's pretty unanimously top 15.

Now whether he's top 10 or 12ish. That's more of a open debate.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2017, 10:15:44 AM »
This, the Bulls are going nowhere anytime soon. I love Jimmy as well but you're not gonna win a 'ship if he's your number one guy.

I really do like Lavine, so long as he isn't as mentally weak as D Rose was, I have no worries about him coming back from his ACL injury.

One does simply come back from tearing his ACL.

What does it say about JFB if this deal is the best that the Bulls can get for him?  Is he that much of a prima donna?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2017, 10:16:30 AM »

Again, trading Butler isn't a bad idea.

A front office having a fire sale for Butler when he is still under contract for two years and trading him for a bunch of nothing is a bad idea.

Why simply take the best offer on the table yesterday? 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2017, 10:19:31 AM »
20 was an exaggeration but off the top of my head these are the players I would rather have than JFB, potential is taken into account.

Lebron
Kyrie Ehhh, changed my mind on Kyrie
Steph
KD
AD
KAT
John Wall
Westbrook
Harden
Lillard
Kawahi
Paul George
Fultz
Porzingis
Giannas
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 10:25:25 AM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

LON

• All American
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2017, 10:27:54 AM »
20 was an exaggeration but off the top of my head these are the players I would rather have than JFB, potential is taken into account.

Lebron
Steph
KD
AD
KAT
John Wall
Westbrook
Harden
Lillard
Kawahi
Paul George
Fultz
Porzingis
Giannas

Lost me at Fultz.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2017, 10:28:04 AM »
Yeah... except when you have two places of residence. Ahwell, gotta spend somewhere ainerrrr? I may time my downtown stays based on Wolves games. Crazy. But, must support Jimmy

No reason for Jimmy to keep a Chicago place

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2017, 10:28:46 AM »

Lebron
Steph
KD
AD
KAT
John Wall
Westbrook
Harden
Lillard
Kawahi
Paul George
Fultz
Porzingis
Giannas

Porzingis???  Cmon...

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2017, 10:31:33 AM »

Lebron
Steph
KD
AD
KAT
John Wall
Westbrook
Harden
Lillard
Kawahi
Paul George
Fultz
Porzingis
Giannas

I'll join in

Lillard??

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2017, 10:33:16 AM »
Also, i think the Celts are being let off the hook too easy today. How could they not have beaten this?  Off the top of my head, there's about 10 permutations that could have gotten them Jimmy without significantly reducing the assets they've got sitting around - especially after the deal to get an extra top-5 first from Phi next year. If I'm Chicago, I take Jaylen Brown and another top 10 pick long before this deal.

Over the next couple of years, here are Boston's first round picks:
2017 #3
2018: BKN, LAL (if between 2-5), Bos
2019: If no LAL 2018, highest of Phi or Sac (top 1 protected), Mem (top 8 protected), LAC (top 14 protected), Bos
2020: Mem (if no 2019, top 6 protected), LAC (if no 2019, top 14 protected), Bos

Lord, that's 8 first rounders over 4 years. Including last night, 3 of those look like top 5 picks. Another 2 should be in the middle of the first. And that's all assuming Boston never has a down year and picks at the end of the round over the next three years. Two out of the pool of Jaylen Brown and the 2017 #3, the BKN pick, and the LAL pick would have to have gotten the job done, and would still leave Boston with at least two players drafted in the top 5 to pair with Thomas, JFB, and hopefully another top free agent.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2017, 10:33:21 AM »
Lost me at Fultz.

Yeah...I don't even know if Fultz will end up a top-5 player in this draft. Numbers-wise, probably, but I'm not that confident he'll be better than Ball, Tatum, Jackson, Fox, or Ntilikina. The kid has talent, sure, but if I'm a Philly fan, I'd be awfully leery of a team that seems to be building its foundation on guys that couldn't win in college.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2017, 10:33:58 AM »

Porzingis???  Cmon...

Trending in a very similar to Giannas, also bonus points for being stuck playing with Melo and the Knicks.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2017, 10:38:02 AM »

Lebron
Steph
KD
AD
KAT
John Wall
Westbrook
Harden
Lillard
Kawahi
Paul George
Fultz
Porzingis
Giannas

George and Jimmy are the same player except jimmy is better at assists...
Maigh Eo for Sam

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2017, 10:38:24 AM »
Yeah...I don't even know if Fultz will end up a top-5 player in this draft. Numbers-wise, probably, but I'm not that confident he'll be better than Ball, Tatum, Jackson, Fox, or Ntilikina. The kid has talent, sure, but if I'm a Philly fan, I'd be awfully leery of a team that seems to be building its foundation on guys that couldn't win in college.

I'm pretty sure he meant "Fulce," who, at this point, the Bulls might have actually given up Jimmy for.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2017, 10:44:38 AM »
Trending in a very similar to Giannas, also bonus points for being stuck playing with Melo and the Knicks.

But he's not as good a player as Jimmy is right now.  That's really not debatable. 

feedback