[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Graduate Transfer Options?  (Read 20600 times)

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
Re: Graduate Transfer Options?
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2017, 11:33:16 AM »

As always, Thanks.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2017, 03:05:21 PM »
     "Igor was the only one that they were really excited about."

as always, appreciate daddy's input, but pardon my ignorance-who's igor?
don't...don't don't don't don't

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2017, 03:10:02 PM »
     "Igor was the only one that they were really excited about."

as always, appreciate daddy's input, but pardon my ignorance-who's igor?

Egor Koulechov. Graduate Transfer from Rice. Was the 4th most accurate three point shooter in the country last season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2017, 05:47:18 PM »
PLEASE DO NOT START A RUMOR THAT BILL IS LEAVING  I am only sharing my thoughts not any "inside" info.

So, when I apply Scoop reading standards, I'm not sure if BD means that we SHOULD or should NOT start that rumor...

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2017, 04:50:09 AM »
So, when I apply Scoop reading standards, I'm not sure if BD means that we SHOULD or should NOT start that rumor...

i'm thinking not, especially if we want to keep on getting juice from BD, ey?
don't...don't don't don't don't

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2017, 07:30:19 AM »
Egor Koulechov. Graduate Transfer from Rice. Was the 4th most accurate three point shooter in the country last season.

To be clear, not the 4th most accurate 3-point shooter. If** he had made the NCAA minimum for their leaderboard, which he did not, but you include him, and others who shot better from him but were also under the minimum continued to be excluded, he'd be #4.

Of those players who played at least 40% of their team's minutes and made at least 2 3FG's per game, he was #26 in the nation.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2017, 07:50:21 AM »
To be clear, not the 4th most accurate 3-point shooter. If** he had made the NCAA minimum for their leaderboard, which he did not, but you include him, and others who shot better from him but were also under the minimum continued to be excluded, he'd be #4.

Of those players who played at least 40% of their team's minutes and made at least 2 3FG's per game, he was #26 in the nation.
I guess he is a good shooter whatever the stats here....     ;)

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2017, 10:50:10 AM »

Big Daddy made a comment about nobody leaving thus far. When was the last time we had no transfers from the roster? It seems like it has been many years.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2017, 10:58:01 AM »

Big Daddy made a comment about nobody leaving thus far. When was the last time we had no transfers from the roster? It seems like it has been many years.

Two years ago we went slightly more than 365 days without a transfer that ended when Steve Taylor left.

Other than that you have to go back to the Crean years.

Note, you can pretty much say the same about every high major program in the country.  And also note that we probably had as many come in as left.  So, if you want to count Morrow transferring in, the roster did change again after the last game.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 11:00:09 AM by 1.21 Jigawatts »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2017, 11:37:47 AM »

We did have one this off season.  (Duane)  It really is too early to speculate about next year anyway.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2017, 11:41:00 AM »

We did have one this off season.  (Duane)  It really is too early to speculate about next year anyway.

And sandy and Traci in season.  Really the roster stability is no better or worse than under Buzz

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2017, 11:43:44 AM »
Two years ago we went slightly more than 365 days without a transfer that ended when Steve Taylor left.

Other than that you have to go back to the Crean years.

Note, you can pretty much say the same about every high major program in the country.  And also note that we probably had as many come in as left.  So, if you want to count Morrow transferring in, the roster did change again after the last game.

So Dawson and Burton don't count?  Or Sandy, Traci and Duane this season? 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2017, 11:56:12 AM »
STJ was the *beginning* of the just over 365 day window.

He announced on March 18, 2015.  It was announced that Wally wasn't returning on April 21, 2016.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2017, 12:56:25 PM »
No one is on the radar.  Igor was the only one that they were really excited about.  The team has great chemistry right now and the staff feels that the roster has enough talent to compete this year and does not see a need to add just a body.  If it is not someone who would definitely be in the 7-8 man rotation it is not going to happen.  Unlike last couple of years where  it was a need just to have some experience, this year it would have been a bonus if it happened.

2018  Joey #1 priority and will sign someone else too if they are viewed as a "high" ceiling player.  No one is leaving that I know off, but if you look at the landscape of today's college basketball the odds are against all players returning.  Bailey is still expected to be here.

I apologize if supplying this info interrupts the regular programming of bickering back and forth.  Please feel free to return to normal activities.  I don't like to preach and I am not pure as the wind driven snow, but sometimes Scoop can be really silly.   

One other point that I would like to bring up is that I don't hear much praise for Bill Scholl and what he has done to upgrade the entire athletic program. Men's BBall will always be the primary team, but we should acknowledge that we are becoming recognized for our other teams as well.  A significant amount of credit should go to Bill and his decisions.  I doubt he will be here in 5 years, simply because some large Football power conference team will grab him.  He has never said this to me, it is just my own thoughts.  He is very well thought of and respected and I know that there are efforts to keep him here, but the money from the football programs is just to large to match and ultimately he will get an offer he just cant say no too.  I hope not, but I see this to be more likely than Wojo going anywhere soon.

PLEASE DO NOT START A RUMOR THAT BILL IS LEAVING  I am only sharing my thoughts not any "inside" info.
Bill is very happy here . MU is an optimal job from his family perspective, he has said so many times in private .  He has done a great job for MU athletics.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2017, 01:12:07 PM »
Bill is very happy here . MU is an optimal job from his family perspective, he has said so many times in private .  He has done a great job for MU athletics.

But what's his mom think?
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2017, 01:40:10 PM »
How big is Bill's neck?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2017, 02:37:15 PM »

He missed the cutoff by 4 attempts. I felt it was close enough to justify inclusion.
TAMU

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2017, 02:48:16 PM »
He missed the cutoff by 4 attempts. I felt it was close enough to justify inclusion.

But not Jaylen Lindsey of Providence? Or Frank Mason of Kansas, who made more threes than Egor? Or Livingston of UMass-Lowell? Or Riley LaChance of Vandy? etc, etc.

It's fine to take the shortcut... I'm just noting that you did take a shortcut and made up inconsistent rules to get to #4

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2017, 02:53:23 PM »
But not Jaylen Lindsey of Providence? Or Frank Mason of Kansas, who made more threes than Egor? Or Livingston of UMass-Lowell? Or Riley LaChance of Vandy? etc, etc.

It's fine to take the shortcut... I'm just noting that you did take a shortcut and made up inconsistent rules to get to #4

Honestly, I incorrectly assumed that not many others would have been as close to the cutoff as he was. My mistake. I'll repharse to he was in the top 1% for 3P%.
TAMU

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2017, 07:07:28 PM »

And sandy and Traci in season.  Really the roster stability is no better or worse than under Buzz

And Froiling and Morrow in

So three out and two in since winter break 6 months ago.

Again, if you look at every high major program, I'll bet this is average, and way below the one-and-done schools like Duke and Kentucky.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 06:55:59 PM by 1.21 Jigawatts »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2017, 01:43:23 PM »
Cameron Johnson has transferred from Pitt to UNC even though Pitt is trying to block him from being available to play next season.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/unc-now/article154617819.html

Here's what Jay Bilas twitted about the situation:

“Cameron Johnson GRADUATED from Pitt, and stayed at Pitt when his coach, Jamie Dixon, bolted to TCU,” Bilas recently wrote on Twitter. “Now, he's restricted? That's wrong.”

So what are you saying, Jay? That the NCAA is bursting with hypocrisy?That student-athletes get the shaft even when they are great students? That coaches preach loyalty but bolt whenever they get the itch to do so? That the system is rigged to favor the plantation owners and not the slaves?

Well, duh!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2017, 01:49:03 PM »
IF Dixon had to PAY $ to Pitt in order to leave, do you find that to be wrong as well.

Unanalogous situations (SA's & coaches)

Follow the rules. It's simple.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2017, 02:01:28 PM »
IF Dixon had to PAY $ to Pitt in order to leave, do you find that to be wrong as well.

Unanalogous situations (SA's & coaches)

Follow the rules. It's simple.

I'm allowed to dislike a rule I consider stupid and hope it gets changed.

Bilas' point (and mine) is that Johnson was loyal to Pitt when others weren't, and his reward is getting cock-blocked by the school.

It's not against the rules, it just doesn't seem "right." To me. My opinion.

BTW, I put this here because he's a grad transfer but now I see there is a conversation about this going on in the free-agent thread. Go figure.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2017, 03:19:06 PM »
Bilas' point (and mine) is that Johnson was loyal to Pitt when others weren't, and his reward is getting cock-blocked by the school.

So is he NOT being loyal to Pitt now? Smh

He's making a choice and should have to live with the rules surrounding that choice.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2017, 04:13:27 PM »
So is he NOT being loyal to Pitt now? Smh

He's making a choice and should have to live with the rules surrounding that choice.

Yeah but the point is that Pitt has a choice too.  And IMO they are being unreasonable.

It's like a cop giving you a ticket for jaywalking on a street with no cars in sight.  Yeah, it's a rule.  But is the choice to enforce that rule reasonable given the circumstances?

feedback