collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:02:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:43:38 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Star wars: The Last Jedi  (Read 12096 times)

MUBBau

• Team Captain
Re: Star wars: The Last Jedi
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2017, 11:56:54 AM »
I'm going Thursday night, can't wait!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2017, 12:56:49 PM »
Thinking about going Friday around noon. Gotta get my ducks in a row, though.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

🏀

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2017, 01:57:05 PM »
Just bought tickets for Friday morning.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2017, 03:48:01 PM »
I'll be going in a month when the hype dies down and I dont have 50 people sitting a foot from me.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2017, 08:00:05 PM »
I'm going Saturday morning.  Trying to stay calm.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2017, 04:17:05 PM »
FYI - the initial reviews have come in and they are overwhelmingly positive.  Many say the only better Star Wars movie was Empire.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2017, 05:01:05 PM »
FYI - the initial reviews have come in and they are overwhelmingly positive.  Many say the only better Star Wars movie was Empire.

Many say it's better than Empire.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2017, 08:15:06 PM »
The two and a half hour run time is a little concerning, sometimes trying to squeeze too much in hurts the overall picture.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2017, 09:16:21 PM »
I've actually vacated social media for the time being just to avoid any spoilers. I'm totally stoked for this movie, seeing it early Friday afternoon.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2017, 09:27:27 PM »
Just picked up Sat morniig tickets.  In 3D, evidently.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2017, 10:02:30 AM »
The two and a half hour run time is a little concerning, sometimes trying to squeeze too much in hurts the overall picture.

RotJ has a run time of was 2hrs 12 min, which for 1983 seems like it would have been really really long. If it's quality, I don't mind. Also TFA didn't do TLJ any favors in terms of story set up so I'm guessing the first 20 minutes of TLJ is a lot of exposition to see how we get there.

I'm also really curious to see how they handle the crawl...do they do a cold open on Actoo and then go to the crawl to advance the timeline or do they leave the crawl in front, but since this picks up right after the end of TFA not sure what they put in the crawl.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2017, 10:38:34 AM »
Just picked up Sat morniig tickets.  In 3D, evidently.

If 3D is anything like VII, you'll want to go back and watch it again in regular. I made the same mistake, and it was so gimmicky that it detracted from the overall quality. Legitimately one good 3D sequence involving a star destroyer.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2017, 11:16:35 AM »
If 3D is anything like VII, you'll want to go back and watch it again in regular. I made the same mistake, and it was so gimmicky that it detracted from the overall quality. Legitimately one good 3D sequence involving a star destroyer.

I hate 3D movies -- particularly live action 3D.  It always looks like crap to me, and really kills the experience.  I know that some people literally can't experience the 3D, and I'm not one of those.  But perhaps there's something about my vision that screws it up for me to a lesser extent.

I think my brother bought tickets for us to go watch the movie this weekend.  I really hope he didn't spring for 3D.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2017, 12:28:46 PM »
I hate 3D movies -- particularly live action 3D.  It always looks like crap to me, and really kills the experience.  I know that some people literally can't experience the 3D, and I'm not one of those.  But perhaps there's something about my vision that screws it up for me to a lesser extent.

I think my brother bought tickets for us to go watch the movie this weekend.  I really hope he didn't spring for 3D.

I'm not a big fan of 3D either... I didn't realize those were the tickets I bought until it was too late.  I did see GotG in "4D" this summer after having already seen it the week prior in 2D, and to be honest, I didn't think it was that bad... although I heard the same thing you said about how people found it distracting.

I figure I can always take the 3D glasses off and pretend I forgot to put contacts in.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2017, 02:34:37 PM »
Yeah, can't stand 3D for several reasons: I don't think it really contributes to the enjoyment of a movie (if it's a video game it's a whole other conversation) and while this may seem stupid, even though I don't have glasses or contacts I hate wearing the 3D glasses. I use my peripherals a lot (meaning I look without turning my head - has to do with learning to maintain visual contact with an object while still maintaining awareness of my environment) and as a result I will be walking a movie and glance at something to the side of the screen and I'll go from looking through the glasses to looking around them and it is very jarring and will give me a headache if I do it enough.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2017, 12:15:26 PM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/12/14/why-anakin-skywalker-shouldve-been-removed-jedi-order-sexual-harassment/924410001

I'm just going to leave this one out there for those needing a break from the anticipation.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2017, 03:43:57 PM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/12/14/why-anakin-skywalker-shouldve-been-removed-jedi-order-sexual-harassment/924410001

I'm just going to leave this one out there for those needing a break from the anticipation.

I agree with this theory.
Only because it would have spared us from any further of George Lucas' painfully inept dialog. My dog could write more believable love scenes.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2017, 09:39:02 PM »
I just got home and really enjoyed it. Only gripe is that it's nearly 2.5 hours long. I think they could have cut at least 15-20 minutes as it kind of dragged a little in the beginning. I won't discuss what happened right now as I don't want to spoil it for those who will go see it.

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2017, 07:22:36 AM »
I enjoyed it more than TFA.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2017, 01:09:12 PM »
Good movie. Lacked the satisfaction I wanted, but that's kind of the point.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2017, 02:16:17 PM »
It'll do.  Wasn't boring.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2017, 02:20:42 PM »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2017, 03:08:52 PM »
Scoop has some of the harshest  movie critics in the country.

Then again, my reaction after almost every movie I watch is usually "Yea, it was pretty good." Takes something ridiculously special for me to love or hate a movie.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2017, 03:43:17 PM »
Hated how Rey and Kylo got married at the end. Nothing against Kylo Ren - Rey Ren just doesn't roll off the tongue.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2017, 04:07:37 PM »
I really enjoyed it.  I won't do spoilers, but I wanted some of the fates to come about in a different fashion.   I have some problems with what is left for IX.   And, because of Carrie's untimely death, they have painted themselves into a corner.  Enjoyable A-.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback