'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:41:27 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Construction Update  (Read 97738 times)

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: New Arena Construction Update
« Reply #300 on: April 24, 2018, 02:09:59 PM »
The Jock Strap?

Kohls Cash Center?

The (Northwester) Mutual Interest Arena?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #301 on: April 24, 2018, 02:16:43 PM »
They announced on TMJ this am that it is definitely NOT NML, H-D nor Kohls

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #302 on: April 24, 2018, 02:18:07 PM »
They announced on TMJ this am that it is definitely NOT NML, H-D nor Kohls

Jock strap it is.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #303 on: April 24, 2018, 02:25:34 PM »
The New Art's Performing Center

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #304 on: April 24, 2018, 02:28:58 PM »
American Family (Am Fam Arena/Center)

ManpowerGroup  (MPG Arena)

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #305 on: April 24, 2018, 02:49:23 PM »
The Kohler Center, aka The Bidet

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #306 on: April 24, 2018, 02:49:58 PM »
Fiserv.... book it

eroc830

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #307 on: April 24, 2018, 03:18:32 PM »
The Leinenkugel Lodge?  Run tap lines directly from the new brewery down the street. 

GOO

• All American
« Reply #308 on: April 24, 2018, 03:25:38 PM »
If it is a dark horse, and not one of the more obvious bigger companies,  I'll go with Baird as my first choice.  I would think it would be silly for them to spend that kind of ad revenue on naming rights, but I'm just taking a shot in the dark at something outside of the obvious. 

Is Generac big enough to take something like this on...?  Probably not, but if they wanted to make a consumer direct sales push.  Briggs? 

Leinenkugel, as mentioned above, crossed my mind, since it is essentially Miller.  Not sure if that is a national brand, however or a brand that Miller wants to push nationally.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #309 on: April 24, 2018, 03:31:01 PM »
If it is a dark horse, and not one of the more obvious bigger companies,  I'll go with Baird as my first choice.  I would think it would be silly for them to spend that kind of ad revenue on naming rights, but I'm just taking a shot in the dark at something outside of the obvious. 

Is Generac big enough to take something like this on...?  Probably not, but if they wanted to make a consumer direct sales push.  Briggs? 

Leinenkugel, as mentioned above, crossed my mind, since it is essentially Miller.  Not sure if that is a national brand, however or a brand that Miller wants to push nationally.
Sold down here in PR so I guess it is national
Goal is National Championship

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #310 on: April 24, 2018, 03:31:35 PM »
Fiserv.... book it
Why, its client base consists of financial institutions and related companies and businesses.  No retail connection there.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 03:39:55 PM by Nukem2 »

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #311 on: April 24, 2018, 03:47:42 PM »
The Leinenkugel Lodge?  Run tap lines directly from the new brewery down the street.

This would be an awesome name & I hope it happens

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #312 on: April 24, 2018, 04:31:58 PM »
Why, its client base consists of financial institutions and related companies and businesses.  No retail connection there.

Metavante used to have naming rights on the old 300 Club at Miller Park, could be looking for brand recognition.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #313 on: April 24, 2018, 04:38:02 PM »
Metavante used to have naming rights on the old 300 Club at Miller Park, could be looking for brand recognition.
Doubt that helped Metavante much.  If it is FiServ, the company is probably doing it more from a community leadership/involvement perspective.  The FiServ name is already very very well known in the financial services industry across the country.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #314 on: April 24, 2018, 04:45:52 PM »
So long as it's not Guaranteed Rate stadium or something along those lines, naming rights no matta.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #315 on: April 24, 2018, 04:53:38 PM »
Doubt that helped Metavante much.  If it is FiServ, the company is probably doing it more from a community leadership/involvement perspective.  The FiServ name is already very very well known in the financial services industry across the country.

It got them purchased by FIS (not to be confused with Fiserv) and then it became the NYCE club for a couple of years until the contract expired.

Does anyone actually think a stadium naming rights deal shows community leadership or involvement?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #316 on: April 24, 2018, 05:07:57 PM »
So long as it's not Guaranteed Rate stadium or something along those lines, naming rights no matta.

Don't hate on places named after the guaranteed rate! Marquette could do what Sox fans did and call it the G-Spot
Maigh Eo for Sam

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #317 on: April 24, 2018, 06:54:22 PM »
It got them purchased by FIS (not to be confused with Fiserv) and then it became the NYCE club for a couple of years until the contract expired.

Does anyone actually think a stadium naming rights deal shows community leadership or involvement?
It did not get them the  the FIS deal by any stretch of the imagination.  As for community stuff, how about the BC  (Allen)Bradley Center.  You have no clue.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #318 on: April 24, 2018, 06:59:55 PM »
It did not get them the  the FIS deal by any stretch of the imagination.  As for community stuff, how about the BC  (Allen)Bradley Center.  You have no clue.

The BC wasn’t named by Allen Bradley Corp. for community reasons. It was named by Jane Pettit after her father. Allen Bradley was sold to Rockwell by that point.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #319 on: April 24, 2018, 07:04:20 PM »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #320 on: April 24, 2018, 07:04:29 PM »
The BC wasn’t named by Allen Bradley Corp. for community reasons. It was named by Jane Pettit after her father. Allen Bradley was sold to Rockwell by that point.
Yah, but the $$$$$$$$$$$$ came from there.  That’s why I used the parenthetical.  Actually, husband Lloyd Petit was the mover there.  Seriously doubt that Jane would have done it on her own.  And, they both did it for community reasons.  Otherwise, why.  Naming it Bradley was secondary.  The $$$$ could have gone to other needs.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 07:13:03 PM by Nukem2 »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #321 on: April 24, 2018, 07:16:15 PM »
Yah, but the $$$$$$$$$$$$ came from there.  That’s why I used the parenthetical.  Actually, husband Lloyd Petit was the mover there.  Seriously doubt that Jane would have done it on her own.  And, they both did it for community reasons.  Otherwise, why.  Naming it Bradley was secondary.  The $$$$ could have gone to other needs.

A corporation isn’t going to have the same motivation. It’s part of a larger strategy.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #322 on: April 24, 2018, 07:46:59 PM »
A corporation isn’t going to have the same motivation. It’s part of a larger strategy.
Lloyd and Jane were not a corporation.  As for FiServ, any $$ at the WESC will have virtually no impact on its sales and actually a teeny tiny drag in earnings.  Just community relations.  Spend a few of those tax savings from tax reform.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #323 on: April 24, 2018, 08:22:53 PM »
Lloyd and Jane were not a corporation.  As for FiServ, any $$ at the WESC will have virtually no impact on its sales and actually a teeny tiny drag in earnings.  Just community relations.  Spend a few of those tax savings from tax reform.

Your first sentence is my point. If it is Fiserv, I have no idea why they are doing it (and neither do you) but I doubt it’s just about community relations.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #324 on: April 24, 2018, 08:30:32 PM »
Your first sentence is my point. If it is Fiserv, I have no idea why they are doing it (and neither do you) but I doubt it’s just about community relations.
FiServ is a business to business entity.  The only benefit would be community relations or prescence.   Putting the the FiServ name on the WESC will be a drag on earnings.  If you or I go to the potential FiServ Arena,  the company won’t make any money.  Btw, some of your assets may well be processed one way or another by FiServ.