[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Construction Update  (Read 97784 times)

Osiris

• Starter
Re: New Arena Construction Update
« Reply #375 on: April 27, 2018, 09:58:05 PM »
That was the one I heard, though I'm much happier with the remaining names they list as possibilities:

...it still leaves a number of other major names like Kohler, SC Johnson, Milwaukee Tool, Rockwell Automation and Robert W. Baird.

My favorite potential nicknames...

• The Rock
  • The Toolbox
  • The Bob
  • The Big Johnson
Sorry, Kohler, sounds too much like the Kohl Center. Though hmm...how about The Sink?

Manpower could probably get added to that list.  I think The Manhole would make a pretty good name for a.......you know now that I hear myself saying it in my head, probably best it’s not them.
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. Winston Churchill

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #376 on: April 27, 2018, 10:13:43 PM »
Manpower could probably get added to that list.  I think The Manhole would make a pretty good name for a.......you know now that I hear myself saying it in my head, probably best it’s not them.

I'd go with The Powerhouse  :-X ;D
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #377 on: April 27, 2018, 10:20:05 PM »
Manpower Peoplepower could probably get added to that list.  I think The Manhole would make a pretty good name for a.......you know now that I hear myself saying it in my head, probably best it’s not them.

There IFIFY.

Osiris

• Starter
« Reply #378 on: April 27, 2018, 10:54:07 PM »
There IFIFY.

I don’t know that The Peophole fixes anything.
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. Winston Churchill

bork

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #379 on: April 27, 2018, 11:02:47 PM »
That was the one I heard, though I'm much happier with the remaining names they list as possibilities:

...it still leaves a number of other major names like Kohler, SC Johnson, Milwaukee Tool, Rockwell Automation and Robert W. Baird.

My favorite potential nicknames...

• The Rock
  • The Toolbox
  • The Bob
  • The Big Johnson
Sorry, Kohler, sounds too much like the Kohl Center. Though hmm...how about The Sink?

I doubt it will be Rockwell Automation, but wouldn't it be funny if they did buy the rights and call it the Bradley Center.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #380 on: April 28, 2018, 12:12:22 PM »

If you can't use "Man", the Gloryhole would work.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #381 on: April 28, 2018, 10:45:14 PM »
I assume now that the Bucks are done the naming rights will be announced this week

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #382 on: April 29, 2018, 06:41:24 AM »
If you can't use "Man", the Gloryhole would work.

Manhole already is taken by a bar on the north side of Chicago.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #383 on: May 09, 2018, 10:15:04 AM »
How many times has the current Buck's ownership group said the naming rights purchaser would be announced soon?  Or said that the tenants in the entertainment district would be announced soon?. It seems like they have been on the verge of a naming rights deal a few times, or so they thought or said publicly.  I'd think at this point, it has to be a buyers market for the naming rights, since so many options have said no, or at least said no at the original proposed terms.

Maybe they try to push pressure on some lurkers, by saying they are close to sealing a naming rights deal or maybe they are too sharp of negotiators in the end...? 

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #384 on: May 09, 2018, 10:16:59 AM »
Some thought it was coming out last Friday. I would think that company would want it's name out their, since concerts are coming out all the time. I believe they are over 10 already.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #385 on: May 09, 2018, 10:24:31 AM »
How many times has the current Buck's ownership group said the naming rights purchaser would be announced soon?  Or said that the tenants in the entertainment district would be announced soon?. It seems like they have been on the verge of a naming rights deal a few times, or so they thought or said publicly.  I'd think at this point, it has to be a buyers market for the naming rights, since so many options have said no, or at least said no at the original proposed terms.

Maybe they try to push pressure on some lurkers, by saying they are close to sealing a naming rights deal or maybe they are too sharp of negotiators in the end...?
I was told by a bucks employee that it was done about 3 weeks ago and the lawyers were finalizing the details. I was also told it was Fiserv which was refuted by some local blog, so we'll see, I would certainly expect this guy to know.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #386 on: May 09, 2018, 11:30:40 AM »
I was told by a bucks employee that it was done about 3 weeks ago and the lawyers were finalizing the details. I was also told it was Fiserv which was refuted by some local blog, so we'll see, I would certainly expect this guy to know.

A low level Bucks employee told me last week it's done and he / she knows who it is.  I thought about killing the person to find out but have heard Waupun has terrible WiFi and accessing Scoop from the inside is tough so I thought better of it.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #387 on: May 09, 2018, 01:10:11 PM »
I was told that the problem is that they haven't finished installing the dancing poles yet. Once poles are installed Silk Exotic will be revealed with over 100 dancers at time of announcement. This was revealed to me by Russian intelligence sources.
Goal is National Championship

🏀

• All American
« Reply #388 on: May 09, 2018, 01:13:48 PM »
I was told that the problem is that they haven't finished installing the dancing poles yet. Once poles are installed Silk Exotic will be revealed with over 100 dancers at time of announcement. This was revealed to me by Russian intelligence sources.

Is Stormy taking up a residence at Silk?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #389 on: May 09, 2018, 01:27:39 PM »
Is Stormy taking up a residence at Silk?
Forgot to mention sources revealed Stormy will be coach to Silk dancers.
Goal is National Championship

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #390 on: May 09, 2018, 01:33:16 PM »
She looks a little tired and worn out. May be able to find bedder stippers at Arts, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #391 on: May 09, 2018, 01:56:12 PM »
I doubt it will be Rockwell Automation, but wouldn't it be funny if they did buy the rights and call it the Bradley Center.

It's definitely not Rockwell.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #392 on: May 09, 2018, 02:25:42 PM »
Any chance Chris Abele buys it and calls it County Stadium?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #394 on: May 17, 2018, 08:02:11 AM »
https://twitter.com/brewhoop/status/996844741865197568
That tells me that Bucks ownership has no belief that the Bucks will ever win a championship.  A locker room with open wood slats for a ceiling?  If champagne was sprayed up into that, it could NEVER be cleaned.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #395 on: May 17, 2018, 08:14:56 AM »

Perfect. We could nickname it "the Pole Hole."

On second thought....

TheGym

• Starter
« Reply #396 on: May 17, 2018, 11:20:43 AM »
That tells me that Bucks ownership has no belief that the Bucks will ever win a championship.  A locker room with open wood slats for a ceiling?  If champagne was sprayed up into that, it could NEVER be cleaned.

I know it was teal, but does anyone else find the industrial look of the buck's locker horrible.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #397 on: May 17, 2018, 01:16:09 PM »
Odds this is named before the season? There are multiple posters on here with inside info who said "this is the week" a month ago  :o

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #398 on: May 17, 2018, 01:22:29 PM »
I know it was teal, but does anyone else find the industrial look of the buck's locker horrible.

I don't like it.  MU's locker room looks much nicer in the pictures.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #399 on: May 17, 2018, 01:48:53 PM »
Odds this is named before the season? There are multiple posters on here with inside info who said "this is the week" a month ago  :o

I'd say it'll probably be more around August.