Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] Transfer Tracker  (Read 76657 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: [Paint Touches] Transfer Tracker
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2017, 10:40:18 AM »
Maybe.  But because he has two years left he takes up a schollie for 2018. Have to be careful.  It limits the other players you can go after

And he may have some positional overlap with a fairly important 2018 target...
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2017, 09:29:21 PM »
Marques Bolden from Duke is transferring. Former 5 star recruit AND mcdonald's all american. ESPN had him listed as the 8th best recruit of 2016 and the best center

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2017, 09:38:28 PM »
Marques Bolden from Duke is transferring. Former 5 star recruit AND mcdonald's all american. ESPN had him listed as the 8th best recruit of 2016 and the best center

Man, how many returning players is Duke gonna have? Not many. It's been a mass exodus between transfers and going pro.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2017, 09:39:18 PM »
Man, how many returning players is Duke gonna have? Not many. It's been a mass exodus between transfers and going pro.
I feel like he would have had a big role on the team this upcoming season.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2017, 10:52:44 PM »

They're really tripping over themselves to get out of there

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2017, 11:17:59 PM »
I feel like he would have had a big role on the team this upcoming season.

If by "big role on the team this upcoming season" you mean being an important opposing player for the scout team we agree.

Not to mention he's transferring somewhere in TX.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

burger

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2017, 07:23:49 AM »
We have to be somewhat judicious.....

We have 3.....But really none next year with the Rousey/Bailey switch.....

So if we take 3 this year.....At least one has to be a grad transfer because we absolutely need to leave one available for Joey.....

And probably 2 because we are on some very high level kids for next year......

Plus WOJO needs to balance out the classes......

Best case scenario is to have 3 available each year......

That is why I think Xavier will be OK next year but not great......Sure a great recruiting class......But 6 freshman is like St. John's lite......Will be Chris Mack's hardest coaching year especially if Bluett follows Sumner.....

On the positive side.....When you do have to be judicious.....You are getting players you want as opposed to having to settle......

What we really need is Elliott and 2 grad transfers that can play one and done.....No way WOJO takes a 1 year sit transfer.....Got to have the flexibility.....

People think next years team will just be OK.....If we can move up 100 places on defense.....With our offense......We will be 2nd round or even possible Sweet 16......Mark it down.....

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 11:22:36 AM by burger »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2017, 11:41:54 AM »
We have to be somewhat judicious.....

We have 3.....But really none next year with the Rousey/Bailey switch.....

So if we take 3 this year.....At least one has to be a grad transfer because we absolutely need to leave one available for Joey.....

And probably 2 because we are on some very high level kids for next year......

Plus WOJO needs to balance out the classes......

Best case scenario is to have 3 available each year......

That is why I think Xavier will be OK next year but not great......Sure a great recruiting class......But 6 freshman is like St. John's lite......Will be Chris Mack's hardest coaching year especially if Bluett follows Sumner.....

On the positive side.....When you do have to be judicious.....You are getting players you want as opposed to having to settle......

What we really need is Elliott and 2 grad transfers that can play one and done.....No way WOJO takes a 1 year sit transfer.....Got to have the flexibility.....

People think next years team will just be OK.....If we can move up 100 places on defense.....With our offense......We will be 2nd round or even possible Sweet 16......Mark it down.....

Move up 100 places defensively?  Book your tickets to San Antonio if that's the case.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2017, 11:47:43 AM »
I read over the weekend that UConn has two players who announced their intent to transfer and a third who was supposed to be a Freshman in 2016-17, but was injured before the season and missed the entire season also announced.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2017, 11:48:49 AM »

Yeah, so many departures ... what a crappy program!

I doubt K will find anybody to take their places. He and his staff have proven over and over again that they can't recruit for shyte.

(I know that's not what you're sayin' JJJJJ. Boyz just wanna have fun.)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2017, 11:54:27 AM »

I doubt K will find anybody to take their places. He and his staff have proven over and over again that they can't recruit for shyte.

Wojo's mind games are nothing compared to Coach K's! Few can demotivate like the AmEx Assassin!

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2017, 12:09:29 PM »

Yah, not at all what I said.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2017, 12:47:44 PM »
Move up 100 places defensively?  Book your tickets to San Antonio if that's the case.

I wouldn't count on it...if we move up 100 spots in defensive efficiency and made it to San Antonio, we would be the worst rated defensive team to make the Final Four since VCU in 2011.

In the entire 16 years Pomeroy  has been doing rankings, VCU is one of only two teams to reach the Final Four that would have a lower ranked defensive efficiency than if Marquette were to get there while improving their ranking by only 100 spots next year. The other? Marquette in 2003, which was the worst ranked defensive efficiency team to make the Final Four in his metric's history.

Suffice to say, our defense has a long way to go before we should consider ourselves Final Four caliber.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2017, 01:41:31 PM »
I wouldn't count on it...if we move up 100 spots in defensive efficiency and made it to San Antonio, we would be the worst rated defensive team to make the Final Four since VCU in 2011.

In the entire 16 years Pomeroy  has been doing rankings, VCU is one of only two teams to reach the Final Four that would have a lower ranked defensive efficiency than if Marquette were to get there while improving their ranking by only 100 spots next year. The other? Marquette in 2003, which was the worst ranked defensive efficiency team to make the Final Four in his metric's history.

Suffice to say, our defense has a long way to go before we should consider ourselves Final Four caliber.

For funsies I looked to see what team this year matched this profile. A top 10 offense with a defense in the mid 60s (100 higher than our adjD of 165). Closest match I found was Michigan. #4 offense and #70 defense. Not a final four team but I certainly wouldn't mind having their season next year.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2017, 02:11:20 PM »
Mikey Dixon is a name that will be on the next transfer tracka. FR PG from Quinnipiac. Could be a fit to replace Rowsey. Like him better than Lewis personally
TAMU

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2017, 02:18:52 PM »
Mikey Dixon is a name that will be on the next transfer tracka. FR PG from Quinnipiac. Could be a fit to replace Rowsey. Like him better than Lewis personally

Yep. Guy's a stud.  Visiting SJU this weekend, but not exactly a bunch of great programs after him so far.

Quinnipiac transfer Mikey Dixon tells me he's received offers from St. John's, PSU, UMass, & USD. Visits St. John's this weekend. #SJUBB

-Jon Rothstein

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2017, 03:21:54 PM »
UConn freshman big man Juwan Durham is transferring. Shot a higher percentage from three than Markus Howard this past season...

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2017, 03:27:23 PM »
UConn freshman big man Juwan Durham is transferring. Shot a higher percentage from three than Markus Howard this past season...

2-2.....

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2017, 03:28:56 PM »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2017, 03:34:57 PM »
I knew it'd get someone to look ;D

Another dude I would add to the list of intriguing names though.  Former top 60 guy.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2017, 03:44:19 PM »
Another dude I would add to the list of intriguing names though.  Former top 60 guy.

I never know what to do with guys like Juwan Durham. Highly sought after out of high school. Never did anything in college to justify the ranking. Couple of guys like that this year, Jalen Poyser, Troy Baxter, Steve Enoch, Jethro Tshiumpa. Funny that 2 are from UConn and 2 are from UNLV.
TAMU

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2017, 03:48:30 PM »
I never know what to do with guys like Juwan Durham. Highly sought after out of high school. Never did anything in college to justify the ranking. Couple of guys like that this year, Jalen Poyser, Troy Baxter, Steve Enoch, Jethro Tshiumpa. Funny that 2 are from UConn and 2 are from UNLV.

Often makes me wonder if that's a recruiting failure by the staff. Maybe they just bought into guys that the rankings gurus liked but better coaches realized just weren't that good?

Reminds me of guys Buzz brought in like Erik Williams and Jamail Jones, who were highly rated but never did anything to justify those rankings.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2017, 04:13:40 PM »

Yah, but pretty mcuh all of those guys are project types.  Maybe they just weren't yet ready to play high level D1 basketball, so their coaches sat them, and therefore pissed the player off in the meantime. And UCONN and UNLV are dumpster fires right now. 

All of those guys would be great transfer candidates as they year off should help their development.  Big men generally don't come into college and polished players.  The ones that do are 1 and dones.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2017, 04:57:29 PM »
 Butler and Creigton have had success with conventional transfers in recent years. Would be interesting to see who they are targeting .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2017, 05:13:34 PM »
Yah, but pretty mcuh all of those guys are project types.  Maybe they just weren't yet ready to play high level D1 basketball, so their coaches sat them, and therefore pissed the player off in the meantime. And UCONN and UNLV are dumpster fires right now. 

All of those guys would be great transfer candidates as they year off should help their development.  Big men generally don't come into college and polished players.  The ones that do are 1 and dones.

The bolded is what gives me a lot of pause. Chase Jeter and Matt Ryan not getting playing time at Duke and Notre Dame is one thing. But top 100 players not getting playing time at programs in down years like UNLV or UConn? That makes me lean more towards overranked out of high school.
TAMU