[Today at 12:26:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by swoopem
[Today at 11:59:16 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[April 29, 2024, 10:20:04 PM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by tower912
[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] Transfer Tracker  (Read 76718 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: [Paint Touches] Transfer Tracker
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2017, 10:41:01 PM »
I'm starting to feel like Egor is not coming here

It appears you aren't the first Scooper to think that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2017, 07:07:28 AM »
Egor has yet to release a list. He's taken his visits one at a time and didn't announce his interest in Florida until after he visited the Sooners. There is no reason to believe that Marquette is not working on Egor. He could end up not coming but y'all need some patience.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2017, 09:51:49 AM »
Egor has yet to release a list. He's taken his visits one at a time and didn't announce his interest in Florida until after he visited the Sooners. There is no reason to believe that Marquette is not working on Egor. He could end up not coming but y'all need some patience.

As a transfer can you visit as many schools as you want, or is there a limit as well?
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2017, 10:19:27 AM »

This is exactly what I was thinking. No list has been released, just insiders citing "sources" saying he will visit a certain school. I doubt BD changes his name to Egor if we have just simply offered him and not at least heard something about a visit.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2017, 11:32:23 AM »
Per Keelon Lawson: the four schools most involved with the Lawson brothers right now are Duke, Kansas, Ole Miss and Iowa State.

- Gary Parrish

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2017, 12:11:56 PM »
Per Keelon Lawson: the four schools most involved with the Lawson brothers right now are Duke, Kansas, Ole Miss and Iowa State.

- Gary Parrish
Lawson brothers have just committed to Kansas according to Bleacher Report

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2017, 02:06:56 PM »
Meh, we wouldn't have wanted to tie up our scholarships on them anyway.   ::)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2017, 05:13:49 PM »

You roll your eyes, but I'd take 4 years of Joey Hauser over 2 years of Dedric Lawson. Could end being wrong about that, but I think Joey will be a better player than Lawson.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 05:15:29 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2017, 05:20:09 PM »
You roll your eyes, but I'd take 4 years of Joey Hauser over 2 years of Dedric Lawson. Could end being wrong about that, but I think Joey will be a better player than Lawson.

The Lawson's wouldn't change a thing about Joey's recruitment. And I don't think anyone is getting 4 years of Joey Hauser.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2017, 06:18:53 PM »
As a transfer can you visit as many schools as you want, or is there a limit as well?

Limit of five.

And here I was led to believe everyone on Scoop knew everything about everything.   :'(
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2017, 08:58:57 PM »
Lawson Bros to Kansas   Per ESPN:
The Kansas men's basketball team has landed Memphis transfers Dedric and K.J. Lawson.
K.J. announced the news on Twitter, and their father, Keelon, confirmed the news to ESPN's Jeff Goodman.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19126506/brothers-dedric-kj-lawson-transfer-kansas-jayhawks
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 09:00:37 PM by guzica »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2017, 10:29:09 PM »
The Lawson's wouldn't change a thing about Joey's recruitment. And I don't think anyone is getting 4 years of Joey Hauser.

See, those two statements don't make sense to me. If you think Joey is going one and done he will go to a place where he can max his playing time. You don't think he would have any hesitations about two redshirt juniors at his position who together averaged 31.5 points and 18 rebounds per game?

I would be surprised if Joey Hauser went one and done. Could be wrong but I don't see it.
TAMU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2017, 11:17:49 PM »
See, those two statements don't make sense to me. If you think Joey is going one and done he will go to a place where he can max his playing time. You don't think he would have any hesitations about two redshirt juniors at his position who together averaged 31.5 points and 18 rebounds per game?

I would be surprised if Joey Hauser went one and done. Could be wrong but I don't see it.

I don't think he'll be a one and done, nor do I think he'll have any problem getting plenty of playing time.  And no, I don't think he would have any hesitation whatsoever going to a school that would have a roster completely stacked with talent.  I think the absolute only thing that would hold Joey back from MU would be a lack of on court success, not too many good players on the roster.  Not to say he won't end up at a Duke or Michigan State even if MU has some on court success, but I don't think he's worried one bit about good players around him, nor do I think he doesn't care about making it to the NBA, nor do I think talent on the roster would block his path to the NBA.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2017, 12:30:19 AM »
So you think he'll be at two and through or three and free?
TAMU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2017, 06:33:16 AM »
So you think he'll be at two and through or three and free?

Yes.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2017, 09:41:22 AM »
Not MU or tranfer related, but big get for PC. Former UCONN commit. 

Massive commitment for Ed Cooley. Friars were right in the mix back when Ashton-Langford originally committed. Top-40 prospect.

-Jeff Borzello

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2017, 01:14:16 PM »
Not MU or tranfer related, but big get for PC. Former UCONN commit. 

Massive commitment for Ed Cooley. Friars were right in the mix back when Ashton-Langford originally committed. Top-40 prospect.

-Jeff Borzello
Good for the Big East
https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/851602962573139969

Good for our rivalry with Cooley and Company.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2017, 11:09:20 AM »
Quinnipiac transfer Mikey Dixon has committed to St. John's, source told ESPN. Averaged 16.5 points. Sit one, play three.

- Borzello

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2017, 11:49:50 AM »
Quinnipiac transfer Mikey Dixon has committed to St. John's, source told ESPN. Averaged 16.5 points. Sit one, play three.

- Borzello

Quinnipiac is not getting into the Big East, but one of it's now former players is.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2017, 12:20:46 PM »

Love the eye roll! I was thinking the same thing - and I've never seen either the Lawsons or Joey play.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2017, 12:30:56 PM »
Adding the Lawson's would have taken the 2 available scholarships for the 2018 class, so no, I wouldn't have thought twice about them.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2017, 12:38:14 PM »
Adding the Lawson's would have taken the 2 available scholarships for the 2018 class, so no, I wouldn't have thought twice about them.

Lol.  There's a reason they're at Kansas.  I'll spend a total of 7 years worth of scholarships for 5 years of playing at MU for any 2 players that combined to average 31 points and 18 rebounds per game at a high major school.  When's the last time we had a player average 19 points and 10 rebounds per game?  Between the 2 they combined to average 15.5 points and 9 rebounds per game.  If 2 guys that have those numbers come to you and say, "Hey Steve, we want to play for Marquette for the rest of our college careers," you make it work.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2017, 01:16:39 PM »
Sorry, but I put team chemistry #1 on my building a program list and I'll gladly take a Joey Hauser and another player over those two with Marquette's current roster. That's just how I roll.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2017, 01:38:30 PM »
Dedric Lawson is very good but a poor 3 point shooter. Will he turn pro in two years or finish his eligibility? My guess is the former.

KJ Lawson is very inefficient. I'm not a big fan.  So if Dedric turns pro early, you might be stuck spending 4-5 years of scholarships for one year of Dedric actually playing.

Not a fan of that situation.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2017, 02:14:46 PM »
Sorry, but I put team chemistry #1 on my building a program list and I'll gladly take a Joey Hauser and another player over those two with Marquette's current roster. That's just how I roll.

And I will take my roster full of major talent and less chemistry against your chemistry laden above average talent team and beat you a vast majority of the time. Overall..talent will win out a vast majority of time. Afterall..that's how North Carolina won the Championship..most talented team in the country. MOST National Champions are.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

feedback