[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:32:41 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:15:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] Free Agent Tracker  (Read 47160 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: [Paint Touches] Free Agent Tracker
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2017, 10:34:18 PM »
Markel Crawford to Ole Miss.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2017, 10:40:55 PM »
Goal is National Championship

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2017, 11:11:46 PM »
Keep the faith. HC's value, or perceived Scoop value, is low. With incoming players playing similar position and potential lineup changes over the next two years, HC value expectations should be quelled. But if you feel he is being undervalued or underestimated--that's cool.

I like this. pSv, a new advanced stat
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2017, 12:53:43 AM »
I don't think losing Joey is a black eye for Wojo. Nor do I think an inordinate amount of time has been put in on Joey.  I am no fan of Wojo but he is a very good recruiter, if he doesn't get Joey to join us , I am pretty sure we will get someone of equal or better ability. Wojo and his sidekick Stan have a lot of irons in the fire for 2018.  Joey has not even announced his finalist yet.  So I am quietly hoping the young man comes our way, but am also very keen on a number of the other prospects we are looking at.

When MUFINY is the voice of reason...Seriously, guru, you really need to find some level of chill.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2017, 05:28:59 AM »
When MUFINY is the voice of reason...Seriously, guru, you really need to find some level of chill.

So all of you would be okay with seeing Joey in badger red?? That would absolutely suck, and if any of you don't think so..then there are badger boards to post on for your fandom. Duh, I get Coaches lose recruits all the time..but for those of you that are a little slow..when a kid commits elsewhere it's not only on the kid, the coach has to take some level of responsibility for losing him. It's a two way street. Now maybe if it's a kid where you really had no shot at, got in the game late etc, okay that's a different ball game.

When a recruit has a brother that plays on the team(especially when they are close), and another good friend, and you have been recruiting him harder and longer than any other coach, and he still decides to go elsewhere..especially an in state rival?? Look Joey is not the be all end all, I get that, especially if Wojo rebounds by landing a Kahvon Moore or something, but losing Joey to Wisconsin should sting a lot to each and every one of you. Michigan State...I can live with that.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2017, 05:42:00 AM »
Wojo should be held accountable for the results of the program -- not for the decision of a high school kid on where to go to college.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2017, 05:44:41 AM »
So all of you would be okay with seeing Joey in badger red?? That would absolutely suck, and if any of you don't think so..then there are badger boards to post on for your fandom. Duh, I get Coaches lose recruits all the time..but for those of you that are a little slow..when a kid commits elsewhere it's not only on the kid, the coach has to take some level of responsibility for losing him. It's a two way street. Now maybe if it's a kid where you really had no shot at, got in the game late etc, okay that's a different ball game.

When a recruit has a brother that plays on the team(especially when they are close), and another good friend, and you have been recruiting him harder and longer than any other coach, and he still decides to go elsewhere..especially an in state rival?? Look Joey is not the be all end all, I get that, especially if Wojo rebounds by landing a Kahvon Moore or something, but losing Joey to Wisconsin should sting a lot to each and every one of you. Michigan State...I can live with that.

I'll use the dots to give your brain time to understand this simple point:

coaches... can... not... be... judged... based... on... individual... recruits... decisions.... but... must... be... judged... on... a... body... of... work... over... multiple... years... and... Wojo... is... doing.... well... in.... that... framework.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2017, 06:01:19 AM »
Cripes you people sure make leaps here...where did i say that not landing Joey ruins Wojo's entire tenure as a Coach, or that it's the defining moment?? I never said that! All i said was..it would not be a good look for Wojo losing Joey when he has just about ever advantage going for him. That is all I said. And it wouldn't be a good look. That's indisputable, but if that's the worst thing that happens under Wojo's tenure, I'm good with that. As of this moment, the book is still out on Wojo. I know a lot of you wet your pants with excitement over them making the tourney..but that should be far from their defining moment under Wojo. If you are content with just getting in the tourney, then so far you are probably in love with Wojo, he's done that for you. He has recruiting well so far for the most part. I'll give him that.

You all are the same group that heaped endless praise on Wojo for his ability to land Henry..yet wouldn't ding him if he lost Joey. Hmmm..you can't have it both ways..If a Coach gets all the praise when he lands someone, then he too also has to take at least some responsibility in losing someone(depending on circumstances of course). So..kid commits=Praise....Kid doesn't commit=That's just the way recruiting is. All on a "HS kids decision". Got it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 07:33:10 AM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2017, 06:20:56 AM »
Or we could go with Puv (Preseason Underestimating Value).

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2017, 07:34:54 AM »
Or maybe Joey will decide he wants to spend his college years someplace else.

People  talking like he is already committed is strange.

He has lots of good options and if he decides to go elseware I hope people deal with it well......but I know they won't.
I have no doubt that Joey and his family love MU. However, I feel in the end it will be the fact that Joey and Sam will be completing for playing time that will result in Joey in going elsewhere.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2017, 07:41:07 AM »
Then we need ppSv and fpSv present and future perceived values.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2017, 07:51:33 AM »
I have no doubt that Joey and his family love MU. However, I feel in the end it will be the fact that Joey and Sam will be completing for playing time that will result in Joey in going elsewhere.

This is not accurate

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2017, 08:15:39 AM »
Cripes you people sure make leaps here...where did i say that not landing Joey ruins Wojo's entire tenure as a Coach, or that it's the defining moment?? I never said that! All i said was..it would not be a good look for Wojo losing Joey when he has just about ever advantage going for him. That is all I said. And it wouldn't be a good look. That's indisputable, but if that's the worst thing that happens under Wojo's tenure, I'm good with that. As of this moment, the book is still out on Wojo. I know a lot of you wet your pants with excitement over them making the tourney..but that should be far from their defining moment under Wojo. If you are content with just getting in the tourney, then so far you are probably in love with Wojo, he's done that for you. He has recruiting well so far for the most part. I'll give him that.

You all are the same group that heaped endless praise on Wojo for his ability to land Henry..yet wouldn't ding him if he lost Joey. Hmmm..you can't have it both ways..If a Coach gets all the praise when he lands someone, then he too also has to take at least some responsibility in losing someone(depending on circumstances of course). So..kid commits=Praise....Kid doesn't commit=That's just the way recruiting is. All on a "HS kids decision". Got it.

Who the heck cares about Wisconsin? I don't live in the state and have never been on a Badger board and my life has been just fine. Wojo is doing all he can to land Joey. If he goes elsewhere, then next man up. Chances are Wojo is not the only factor in his decision. Perhaps he wants a bigger school? Maybe he wants to play in the Big 10? To somehow lay this decision at Wojo's feet is silly.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 11:43:46 AM by 79Warrior »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2017, 08:23:07 AM »

Clearly if we do not lose our sh*t on a message board, we are just a bunch of Badger fans.

If where an 18 year old kid decides to go to school bothers you this much, you should probably take up knitting or something.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2017, 08:28:58 AM »

When Jason Capel decided to not follow his brother to Duke, and instead went to rival North Carolina, was it a bad look for Coach K?  Or was it a kid making a decision based on his own free will?

onepost

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2017, 08:30:37 AM »

He may not end up at Marquette (although we are the overwhelming favorite), but THIS will most definitely not be a reason he doesn't come here.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2017, 08:35:49 AM »
Highlight videos don't do much for me and with Cain and Elliot both being ranked in the 140-200 range, I don't expect much more than bench minutes from them this season. If they are being undervalued (which I suspect they might be based on my amateur observations) than they will surpass that and I will be very happy.

If Cain and Elliot are "fairly valued" in the 140-200 range this recruiting class will very likely be a disappointing one.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2017, 08:36:05 AM »
He may not end up at Marquette (although we are the overwhelming favorite), but THIS will most definitely not be a reason he doesn't come here.

Come on, don't you know that Joey went to Pacelli HS because Sam was going to be stealing all his minutes in basketball?  Err...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2017, 08:56:56 AM »
Why?

So we won't have any scholly's for 6 Top 50 players we are visiting over the next 2 weeks.....
Yes... Wojo's diabolical plan...entails filling up the roster...
so that he can't get...
highly ranked players... 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:10:19 AM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2017, 08:59:50 AM »
If Cain and Elliot are "fairly valued" in the 140-200 range this recruiting class will very likely be a disappointing one.

Well unless they turn in performances like Markus and Sam, I think scoopers think all recruiting classes are disappointing. If they are "fairly valued" I won't be disappointed in the slightest. We needed a lot of bodies and had a lot of needs to fill. We don't need any of the freshmen to play major minutes next season. If Cain, Elliott, and John are the three last players in our rotation and Eke redshirts, we should still turn in a quality season. I would then fully expect them to continue to develop and eventually become high quality starters as upperclassmen.

From what I can see, Wojo is trying to build a program where freshman don't need to come in and carry a team. He had freshmen carry his teams in 15-16 and 16-17. I think 17-18 is the first season where that won't need to happen and I think we will be a better team for it.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2017, 09:22:21 AM »
Yes... Wojo's diabolical plan...entails filling up the roster...
so that he can't get...
highly ranked players...
.....+1 8-)

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2017, 09:24:53 AM »
I expect Elliott to get some minutes, maybe 20 for sure as a back-up to both guards.  So he will get good minutes from the start.  Cain will battle Cheatham and
Anim at the SF position, best man is going to win there, but Cain will get 15-20 in my estimation.  John will get early minutes with Froling out and maybe become
the starter over Held.  So I would say the frosh will get minutes next year.  The following year even if they get Joey will be a fight for playing time.  Secondly,  Joey
is good but he is not a savior.  He looks better than Sam in some ways, a little bigger, probably not as good a shooter, and neither are quick jumpers.  Takes time
away from Sam, wonder how Wojo is spinning that?

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2017, 09:31:41 AM »
I expect Elliott to get some minutes, maybe 20 for sure as a back-up to both guards.  So he will get good minutes from the start.  Cain will battle Cheatham and
Anim at the SF position, best man is going to win there, but Cain will get 15-20 in my estimation.  John will get early minutes with Froling out and maybe become
the starter over Held.  So I would say the frosh will get minutes next year.  The following year even if they get Joey will be a fight for playing time.  Secondly,  Joey
is good but he is not a savior.  He looks better than Sam in some ways, a little bigger, probably not as good a shooter, and neither are quick jumpers.  Takes time

All we can do is Ponder and wait for things to be revealed.  I'm thinking that Sacar gets many minutes at the 2.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2017, 09:42:47 AM »

Pretty simply.  "You guys are both studs.  You play different positions.  Sam's already a major contributor for us.  I can't wait to have you join him on the court at Marquette."
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Osiris

• Starter
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2017, 09:46:38 AM »
This is accurate in the sense that all players on the same team compete for minutes but Joey and Sam won't be playing the same position no matter where Joey goes.
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. Winston Churchill

feedback