[September 20, 2024, 07:45:48 PM]

Big East 2024 -25 Results by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 06:05:27 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by MU82
[September 20, 2024, 12:31:28 PM]

Excellent Mr Dodds Interview with Ben Gold by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 08:52:59 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Game day thread 3/18  (Read 20856 times)

GB Warrior

• All American
Re: Game day thread 3/18
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2017, 04:37:05 PM »
If I was talking to a therapist right now and he asked me to describe my feelings about UW basketball, he would probably say "damn man, you're messed up"

"Show me where Nigel Hayes grabbed you"

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2017, 04:38:30 PM »
Ha I just realized UW could play Virginia next. Good lord.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2017, 04:40:32 PM »
I think that's what they reviewed and determined it wasn't a clear path foul because the ball was going out of bounds

There's no clear path foul in the NCAA.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2017, 04:40:57 PM »
The Northwestern fans in SLC sound awesome. Impressive.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2017, 04:41:05 PM »
I would love to hear the head of officials explain how the Hayes foul wasn't a flagrant 1. Villanova lost on the same foul Seton Hall lost on, except it was called the exact opposite.

I think the thought was that Hayes couldn't have been preventing a score since the Nova dude didn't have control of the ball.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2017, 04:41:17 PM »
Bucky played a lot of da game wit major foul problems on kee playas. Dey got a great opportunity ta reach da FF, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2017, 04:42:09 PM »
Bucky played a lot of da game wit major foul problems on kee playas. Dey got a great opportunity ta reach da FF, ai na?

Not really.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

mayfairskatingrink

• Starter
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2017, 04:44:38 PM »
Don't know if there was a worse coaching decision in the tourney so far than Wright going zone for the possession that resulted in the Koenig three.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2017, 04:45:46 PM »
Not really.

Of course they do.  A senior dominated team like that?  They can beat anyone.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2017, 04:47:19 PM »
We need an exorcist.  Can't catch breaks, and our enemies always win.  Maybe our resident prophet can help, some of those skills have to be interchangeable.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2017, 04:50:53 PM »
That was the DEFINITION of an intentional foul..He freaking grabbed his shorts! I don't care if he wasn't preventing a chance to score or not..He never made a play for the ball. This is such BS and what ruins the tourney every year for me. they always get some junk wins they shouldn't, or the bracket blows up for them..I almost guarantee you know Duke loses and after UW beats Florida or Virginia, they will get either South Carolina, Southern cal or Baylor...almost guaranteed.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2017, 04:52:26 PM »
Gard is an amazing coach, but his true test is next year when loses all of that talent.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2017, 04:52:53 PM »
Lots of unhappy folks in the NY media who wanted to see a Duke-Nova final at the garden.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2017, 04:57:58 PM »
Gard is an amazing coach, but his true test is next year when loses all of that talent.

Here it is in a nutshell y'all. 7/8 of MU fans are waitin' for Bucky ta fook up. 1/8 of us are gettin' wood just ta make da field. Speaks volumes of wear each is, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2017, 04:59:18 PM »
That was the DEFINITION of an intentional foul..He freaking grabbed his shorts! I don't care if he wasn't preventing a chance to score or not..He never made a play for the ball. This is such BS and what ruins the tourney every year for me. they always get some junk wins they shouldn't, or the bracket blows up for them..I almost guarantee you know Duke loses and after UW beats Florida or Virginia, they will get either South Carolina, Southern cal or Baylor...almost guaranteed.

There is no intentional foul.  So there cannot be a definition of one.

There is only a flagrant one or two.

Flagrant One.

"Flagrant 1 personal foul. A flagrant 1 personal foul is a personal foul that is deemed excessive in nature and/or unnecessary, but is not based solely on the severity of the act. Examples include, but are not limited to:
1. Causing excessive contact with an opponent;
2. Contact that is not a legitimate attempt to play the ball or player, specifically designed to stop or keep the clock from starting;
3. Pushing or holding a player from behind to prevent a score;"

It was not #1 clearly.

It was not #2 because the clock was running.

The officials deemed it was not #3 because he didn't have control.  If he had control, it would have been flagrant.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2017, 05:04:36 PM »

There is no intentional foul.  So there cannot be a definition of one.

There is only a flagrant one or two.

Flagrant One.

"Flagrant 1 personal foul. A flagrant 1 personal foul is a personal foul that is deemed excessive in nature and/or unnecessary, but is not based solely on the severity of the act. Examples include, but are not limited to:
1. Causing excessive contact with an opponent;
2. Contact that is not a legitimate attempt to play the ball or player, specifically designed to stop or keep the clock from starting;
3. Pushing or holding a player from behind to prevent a score;"

It was not #1 clearly.

It was not #2 because the clock was running.

The officials deemed it was not #3 because he didn't have control.  If he had control, it would have been flagrant.

Seton Hall lost to Arkansas on a similar play that was deemed a flagrant 1..That gets called, but this one doesn't.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2017, 05:07:39 PM »
Well I think they based that call on #1.  And the call in the Seton Hall game was bad.  No doubt.  But that doesn't mean another bad call should have been made.

Nova had the game.  They blew it.  There really isn't much more to say than that.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2017, 05:08:36 PM »
I think the thought was that Hayes couldn't have been preventing a score since the Nova dude didn't have control of the ball.

In the ref's explanation, he clearly said they determined #10 (DiVincenzo) had control of the ball.

If he had control, which the ref said to the announcers verbatim, then it was a foul with no intent to get the ball. That's a flagrant 1 as explained yesterday after it cost Seton Hall a chance against Arkansas.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2017, 05:11:41 PM »
Well I think they based that call on #1.  And the call in the Seton Hall game was bad.  No doubt.  But that doesn't mean another bad call should have been made.

Nova had the game.  They blew it.  There really isn't much more to say than that.

"Pushing or holding a player to prevent a score".

By definition that is an intentional foul.  Hayes held the player to prevent a score with no play on the ball.  Refs blew the call by its very definition.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2017, 05:12:41 PM »
In the ref's explanation, he clearly said they determined #10 (DiVincenzo) had control of the ball.

If he had control, which the ref said to the announcers verbatim, then it was a foul with no intent to get the ball. That's a flagrant 1 as explained yesterday after it cost Seton Hall a chance against Arkansas.

Exactly! You could hear the official tell the announcer they deemed he had control of the ball

mayfairskatingrink

• Starter
« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2017, 05:13:32 PM »
Wow, Duane Wilson tweaking Hayes on twitter for comparing his clutch spin move to Jordan.

Duane Wilson‏ @SwaggyDu1  55m55 minutes ago
More
 I know this man did not just compare his fake spin move to Michael Jordan. Bruh gotta chill

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2017, 05:14:19 PM »
"Pushing or holding a player to prevent a score".

By definition that is an intentional foul.  Hayes held the player to prevent a score with no play on the ball.  Refs blew the call by its very definition.

If what brew said was right regarding control that should be a flagrant foul.

But I thought they said he *didn't* have control of the ball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2017, 05:14:38 PM »
Exactly! You could hear the official tell the announcer they deemed he had control of the ball

OK well if that is right, than I stand corrected.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2017, 05:17:57 PM »
If what brew said was right regarding control that should be a flagrant foul.

But I thought they said he *didn't* have control of the ball.

Got it, I think they said he "did" have control of the ball.  In fact I believe he had to have been in control of the foul otherwise it would have been a "team control" foul and no FTs would have been awarded.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2017, 05:18:31 PM »
Well for those of you so worried about UW (personally I don't give a crap what they do, but mad they beat Nova), you can take solace in the fact that they're not going to be very good at basketball next year, and maybe for a few years.

Yeah, I remember thinking the same in 2013-14 when Evans, Berggren, and Brusewicz graduated. They were building a team around sophomore Sam Dekker, Ben Brust, and a bunch of scrubs.

Those scrubs were injured former walk on Josh Gasser, terrible efficiency guard Traveon Jackson, three-star freshmen Nigel Hayes & Bronson Koenig, and little used backup big man Frank Kaminsky.

Two Final Fours later and they seemed doomed with Hayes, Koenig, and a bunch of scrubs. Bo quit in disgrace, leaving redshirt freshman Ethan Happ, low efficiency big Vitto Brown, former walk on Zak Showalter...and now it's two Sweet Sixteens later.

I'm not writing them off because it's Ethan Happ and a bunch of scrubs.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.