Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Gamecock's reaction to selection  (Read 15850 times)

NCMUFan

• All American

tower912

• All American
Re: Gamecock's reaction to selection
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 09:35:28 PM »
Dang, Frank has some anger issues.    Apparently, he has been criticized and is tired of it. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JD

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 09:43:18 PM »
He reminds me of a much worse Bobby Knight.  Bobby won a lot more.  Martin does have anger issues it seems..
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 09:51:29 PM »
Said a lot of nice things about Marquette though to be fair. Sounded like he really understood Marquette and knew a lot about the program.

JD

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 09:54:04 PM »
Said a lot of nice things about Marquette though to be fair. Sounded like he really understood Marquette and knew a lot about the program.

He sure did.  Was nice to hear.
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 09:54:54 PM »
Buzz and Frank are BFFs

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 09:55:45 PM »
Some nice comments from Frank.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 09:58:45 PM »
For those that don't want to listen to it all.  Starts to talk about Marquette at 12-13 minute mark.

In defense of Frank, seems people were pretty critical of him when his team started to slip at the end of the season.  I can see the guy being pretty defensive. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 10:16:31 PM »
This video is a prime example of how wonderful it is to be able to speed up Youtube videos 200%.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 10:17:45 PM »
This video is a prime example of how wonderful it is to be able to speed up Youtube videos 200%.

How do you do that?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 10:20:31 PM »
I enjoyed his press conference.  He gets "it".

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 10:21:16 PM »
6:55 he's complaining about the location..... YOUR A 7 SEED WITH A HOME GAME WHAT??????????????????????

Edit: "Every time we go to play there (Bradley center) 14,000 people are screaming. " Ehhhh, its been a while since hes been a cinnci coach =)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 10:26:01 PM by #UnleashRowsey »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2017, 10:31:21 PM »
6:55 he's complaining about the location..... YOUR A 7 SEED WITH A HOME GAME WHAT??????????????????????

Edit: "Every time we go to play there (Bradley center) 14,000 people are screaming. " Ehhhh, its been a while since hes been a cinnci coach =)

He wasn't complaining at all about the venue.  He was just saying that Duke and Marquette fans will get the majority of tickets because they have savvy fans who know how the ticket game is played for the NCAA tourney while the South Carolina fans are newbies to this thing.

And the Marquette screaming fans comment was in the context of what a great program Marquette is, so what are you bitchin' about?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 10:34:39 PM by 4everCrean »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2017, 10:37:43 PM »
All i got from that video was that his guys are going to come out playing tough

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2017, 10:41:03 PM »
He wasn't complaining at all about the venue.  He was just saying that Duke and Marquette fans will get the majority of tickets because they have savvy fans who know how the ticket game is played for the NCAA tourney while the South Carolina fans are newbies to this thing.

And the Marquette screaming fans comment was in the context of what a great program Marquette is, so what are you bitchin' about?
I took it as him saying 'Duke and UNC fans will get the majority of tickets' and he hopes there are some left over above their allotment for SC fans.

He was VERY complimentary of the program though.  I can see him and Buzz being friends and conversing on the same level, i have a tough time imagining him and Wojo hitting it off.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 10:41:28 PM »
Martin is a fierce competitor and he has a keen appreciation of Marquette's tradition. Mocking him is silly - especially by a bunch of goof balls on a partisan website. Frank Martin knows basketball. Very few here do, despite the absurd analytics offered up as 'expertise.'

Under different circumstances I would be happy with Frank Martin as our coach.

Death on call

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 10:43:06 PM »
All i got from that video was that his guys are going to come out playing tough

What I got out of the video is that he's clearly a coke addict or some other serious stimulant...that and he seems to have a lot of respect for MU and Wojo.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 10:43:34 PM »

Don't think he was referring to Marquette fans. Duke and UNC fans.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 10:46:55 PM »
Martin is a fierce competitor and he has a keen appreciation of Marquette's tradition. Mocking him is silly - especially by a bunch of goof balls on a partisan website. Frank Martin knows basketball. Very few here do, despite the absurd analytics offered up as 'expertise.

::)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 10:47:25 PM »
Martin has been around and knows the score. Old School coach who understands our history as well.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

JD

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2017, 10:52:18 PM »
Martin is a fierce competitor and he has a keen appreciation of Marquette's tradition. Mocking him is silly - especially by a bunch of goof balls on a partisan website. Frank Martin knows basketball. Very few here do, despite the absurd analytics offered up as 'expertise.'

There he is!

So because I said he appears to have anger issues, that means I and others here don't know basketball? Got it.

With Frank being such a fierce competitor, maybe he shouldn't be so sensitive when it comes to criticism. 

He called a reporter saying he wasn't going to ever talk to him again because that reporter said that UK plays in a bad basketball conference.  Come on.. 

I like him as a coach, just calling it like I see it though.

Thanks for what I'm sure is the beginning of directing this thread to the sh**ter.  If only we had Frank instead of wojo, right?

AL

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2017, 10:58:53 PM »
::)

Even though he obviously lost he still decides to beat the dead horse.

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2017, 11:19:56 PM »
If SC player personalities reflect the coach, MU better come ready to play.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2017, 11:26:38 PM »

This is what you came out of hiding for?

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2017, 11:39:02 PM »
What I got out of the video is that he's clearly a coke addict or some other serious stimulant...that and he seems to have a lot of respect for MU and Wojo.

I thought the exact same thing...but then I remembered that I was watching it at 200%