Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

MU all-time defensive team? by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 10:01:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:27:00 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[Today at 09:26:50 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Galway Eagle
[Today at 08:41:12 AM]

NM by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 01:04:38 AM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Billy Hoyle
[June 18, 2024, 09:06:03 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by Herman Cain
[June 18, 2024, 06:55:14 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Seton Hall  (Read 17602 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Seton Hall
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2017, 08:18:57 AM »
True, but the post started out saying we improved more than Seton Hall and went on to verify this by looking at Seton Hall's last 6 games. The fact that we beat Georgetown the first game of the conference season has nothing to do with improvement in the last 6 games. This certainly was verified in yesturdays game, where Seton Hall certainly looked like they improved more than we did.

Again, was dissecting their win streak. Not commenting on us.

Nothing was verified yesterday, as one game cannot verify much of anything. I saw us have an abnormally poor shooting night and them have an abnormally good shooting night. If we played again today I wouldn't be surprised if we blem them out by 20. Or if we lost by even more. That's the funny thing about basketball.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2017, 08:20:57 AM »
Golden

How do you find the time to be an expert on multiple programs? Hat's off to you, you have a very blessed life.

I have no idea to what Golden is referring to but their program is in serious financial trouble. That's why I personally worry about Seton Hall in the Big East. I'm not sure what financial commitment they will be able to make in the future. Money spent does not equal success but it certainly helps.
TAMU

Goose

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2017, 08:52:22 AM »
TAMU

I give you credit, you are up on all of the scoop. I had not heard anything of the sort and I have a very good friend who is big supporter of the program. I can believe they could be having financial troubles, but highly doubt it is leaving BE worthy. Who knows, you might be right.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2017, 10:58:03 AM »
TAMU

I give you credit, you are up on all of the scoop. I had not heard anything of the sort and I have a very good friend who is big supporter of the program. I can believe they could be having financial troubles, but highly doubt it is leaving BE worthy. Who knows, you might be right.

So, does TAMU have a very blessed life as well? Or is that just reserved for me?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2017, 11:05:44 AM »
Golden

TAMU is gentleman and I respect his opinions on here. He is a class act and hope his life is blessed.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2017, 11:15:34 AM »
TAMU

Oh no, not leaving the Big East worthy. Just not able to invest as much in athletics. Again, dollars spent does not always equate to success, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

Kevin Willard did a helluva job getting his junior class. Potentially one of the best classes for a Big East team ever. Will be interesting to see how/if he can follow up on it. He lost 2/3 of the following class, and he got one contributor in this year's class. 2018 is going to be big for the Pirates.
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2017, 11:16:08 AM »
Golden

TAMU is gentleman and I respect his opinions on here. He is a class act and hope his life is blessed.

Why thank you good sir. I hope your life is blessed as well
TAMU

Goose

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2017, 11:19:02 AM »
TAMU

I am pretty blessed, but thanks for caring:)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2017, 05:58:16 PM »
Watching Seton Hall play Villanova..... I think I am finally finding a conference opponent to truly loathe.      Seton Hall, the new Big East's first villain.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2017, 06:09:10 PM »
Maybe Seton Hall is pretty good and losing to them isn't a sign that we suck. They are making Nova look pretty bad ....

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2017, 06:12:57 PM »
Hall loves them some MSG.

Technically a win for Seton Hall is better for Marquette. We played three times so they affect our numbers more.
TAMU

nyg

• All American
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2017, 06:13:55 PM »
Watching Seton Hall play Villanova..... I think I am finally finding a conference opponent to truly loathe.      Seton Hall, the new Big East's first villain.

And every one but Jones returns next year.  How really good would they had been with Whitehead this year. 

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2017, 06:35:21 PM »
Hall loves them some MSG.

Technically a win for Seton Hall is better for Marquette. We played three times so they affect our numbers more.

Yah, but I prefer to Nova feather on the cap that only Butler has. The difference in RPI will be negligible.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2017, 07:02:03 PM »
Seton hall has a group of really really tough kids that play really hard. 
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2017, 07:34:22 PM »
Hell of a fight by SHU.  But what a choke at the end by Delgado.  Dude is automatic in traffic from under 5 feet and he misses 2 bunnies.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2017, 09:28:38 PM »
Oh no, not leaving the Big East worthy. Just not able to invest as much in athletics. Again, dollars spent does not always equate to success, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

Kevin Willard did a helluva job getting his junior class. Potentially one of the best classes for a Big East team ever. Will be interesting to see how/if he can follow up on it. He lost 2/3 of the following class, and he got one contributor in this year's class. 2018 is going to be big for the Pirates.
The Hall is on the uptrend as a University .  The money will be there for them.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2017, 09:56:40 PM »
The Hall is on the uptrend as a University .  The money will be there for them.

Could be. But not based on what I've heard.

Change is coming in higher education. It's going to be hard to be a private university unless you are one of the elite. Not sure Seton Hall is there.
TAMU

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2017, 10:22:46 PM »

Change is coming in higher education. It's going to be hard to be a private university unless you are one of the elite. Not sure Seton Hall is there.

They did just add a medical school.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2017, 11:14:19 PM »
They did just add a medical school.

They've had a med school for a while.  Unless they both closed and reopened it within the last 20 years.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2017, 11:25:20 PM »
They've had a med school for a while.  Unless they both closed and reopened it within the last 20 years.

They sold their medical and dental schools to the state (like MU) back in 1965.  That medical/dental school eventually became part of Rutgers.

They opened a brand new medical school in 2015.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2017, 12:07:46 AM »
And every one but Jones returns next year.  How really good would they had been with Whitehead this year.

Maybe worse.  IIRC, there was talk that he was a prima donna cancer on the locker room

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2017, 12:08:51 AM »

Bro, if Seton Hall is affected, you can bet MU will suffer nearly just as much.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2017, 01:11:11 AM »
Bro, if Seton Hall is affected, you can bet MU will suffer nearly just as much.

Maybe. I don't think so but I've been known to be wrong.
TAMU

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2017, 07:20:46 AM »
Maybe. I don't think so but I've been known to be wrong.
Seton Hall has a very solid niche in the market. Niche schools  that offer value to students will be survivors. I have had great success hiring Kids from Seton Hall, Creighton ,  DePaul and actively seek people from other Big East schools with the exception of Georgetown as their graduates  have an entitled , cocky attitude which is thoroughly undeserved and not worth rewarding .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2017, 07:25:26 AM »
Seton hall has a group of really really tough kids that play really hard.
Exactly what is needed in the marathon that is the Big East tournament where the legs get tired, the games get chippier, and defense wins as you have to slug through to the end.