Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Reinhardt! I was WAY off!  (Read 7513 times)

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
Re: Reinhardt! I was WAY off!
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2017, 01:28:42 PM »
I think I was the only person on this board that thought Katin would be one of our studs. I deserve some kind of award eh?

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2017, 01:31:12 PM »
I think I was the only person on this board that thought Katin would be one of our studs. I deserve some kind of award eh?

Here you go.  Glad you were positive on him, and more importantly the coaches.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2017, 01:57:21 PM »
Might be hard to fill his spot next year. Hopefully next season Duane can play with that fire that KR played with

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2017, 02:37:38 PM »

Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2017, 01:02:22 PM »

Actually, Backpatty McPatterson, you said this:

"He's gonna be our stud this year."

Do you really think Katin has been "our stud" this season - clearly implying that he would be our best player, perhaps even our best player by a mile?

Now ...

While I will willingly admit that I never said Katin would be our stud, I was among the small handful of Scoopers who repeatedly said that we should have learned our lesson with our early judgment of Lockett. We cautioned that we had to give Katin time to acclimate. And that was before we knew he was hurting a little.

The general response was that he was nothing like Lockett. Which of course wasn't our point. We weren't saying he and Lockett were similar players. We were saying that people were way over the top in rejecting Lockett - and I admitted to being one of the guilty parties - so we might want to take a step back and see what happens with Katin over a bigger sample size of games.

Katin has been a fun player to watch as the season has gone on. He still goes 1-on-1 a little too often and makes some dicey decisions, but he has been a major positive IMHO and he absolutely can take over games when he gets on a roll. He has been a leader, and he gets under opponents' skin. He's very valuable in the way he helps break the press and he makes clutch FTs (even if that no matta).

Glad he's a Warrior!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2017, 01:35:27 PM »
Agree on all counts - he reminds me of another MU player - in that he makes the most difficult shots look easy - the harder the shot , the more confident it goes in - I have affectionately nicknamed Reinhardt "White Buycks"

Early on I referred to him as the "Grad Chucker" in conversations, and not in a complimentary way. I still refer to him as that, but he completely won me over and it is now said with admiration for the way he takes and far more often makes tough shots and doesn't back down.

The evolution of Katin's game, and the whole team for that matter, over the course of this season has been really fun to watch.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2017, 04:07:35 PM »
I was one of the few that didn't pile on Katin badly early on. Idk just liked his game and figured he'd get it rolling eventually.

I did strongly dislike going after Rowsey as a priority...wrong.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MixItUp

• Walk-On
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2017, 08:35:48 PM »
Speaking of Matt Carlino earlier in the thread, just happened to see this on You Tube. "Matt Car-3-no": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWwaz2yc-Zo.  Keep the graduate transfers coming.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2017, 09:01:21 PM »
Christ look at the score of the Creighton game. Certainly don't miss those days.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2017, 09:18:12 PM »
Actually, Backpatty McPatterson, you said this:

"He's gonna be our stud this year."

Do you really think Katin has been "our stud" this season - clearly implying that he would be our best player, perhaps even our best player by a mile?

Now ...

While I will willingly admit that I never said Katin would be our stud, I was among the small handful of Scoopers who repeatedly said that we should have learned our lesson with our early judgment of Lockett. We cautioned that we had to give Katin time to acclimate. And that was before we knew he was hurting a little.

The general response was that he was nothing like Lockett. Which of course wasn't our point. We weren't saying he and Lockett were similar players. We were saying that people were way over the top in rejecting Lockett - and I admitted to being one of the guilty parties - so we might want to take a step back and see what happens with Katin over a bigger sample size of games.

Katin has been a fun player to watch as the season has gone on. He still goes 1-on-1 a little too often and makes some dicey decisions, but he has been a major positive IMHO and he absolutely can take over games when he gets on a roll. He has been a leader, and he gets under opponents' skin. He's very valuable in the way he helps break the press and he makes clutch FTs (even if that no matta).

Glad he's a Warrior!

(Hat tip to the Scoop fact checkers!)