[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: The Brother connection  (Read 9911 times)

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
The Brother connection
« on: February 17, 2017, 11:15:16 AM »
Could it be that the Hauser's and Froling's bring MU back to National prominence?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 11:20:12 AM by Aircraftcarrier »

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: The Brother connection
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 11:32:33 AM »
We all be bros, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 11:34:08 AM »
We have heard it from other scoopers that the hauser parents and brother were taking note of the Georgetown game........so based upon that, I don't think that we can count on Joey even having any interest at this point. 8-)

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 11:47:42 AM »
As much as I'd love to have Joey Hauser, we have kind of a tough roster for him to like coming in as a freshman. He'd have Heldt, Eke, and John all ahead of him at the 4, plus we'd have S. Hauser, Cain, and Bradley that could possibly rotate into the 4 depending on the lineups. At that point, our roster would have a ton of guys in the 6'7" - 6'9" range, which could be a tough sell.

On the other hand, he's a better recruit than anyone he might contend with for minutes, so maybe he would still have a good shot at starting or being a 6th man right away. Plus, being a local kid and having his brother on the team are always going to be positives. Let's just hope that's enough to lure him away from Izzo and Bennet.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 11:50:28 AM »
As much as I'd love to have Joey Hauser, we have kind of a tough roster for him to like coming in as a freshman. He'd have Heldt, Eke, and John all ahead of him at the 4, plus we'd have S. Hauser, Cain, and Bradley that could possibly rotate into the 4 depending on the lineups. At that point, our roster would have a ton of guys in the 6'7" - 6'9" range, which could be a tough sell.

On the other hand, he's a better recruit than anyone he might contend with for minutes, so maybe he would still have a good shot at starting or being a 6th man right away. Plus, being a local kid and having his brother on the team are always going to be positives. Let's just hope that's enough to lure him away from Izzo and Bennet.

Idk who Bradley is and Heldt aint playing the 4.

There would be plenty of room for him the way Wojo likes to play.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 11:57:45 AM »

If he is that good, then he will play and play a lot.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 11:58:03 AM »

No idea how you think that roster would scare off Joey. If Joey is worried about Matt then maybe we should be worried about Joey. We have NO idea how Eke and John will work out. I look at this as plenty of opportunity for Joey to earn playing time. Nobody in that group will hinder him at all.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 12:00:35 PM »
Considering all the guys who were "ahead" of Markus and Sam this year I'm amazed they ever saw the court......

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 12:02:46 PM »

Idk who Bradley is and Heldt aint playing the 4.

My bad, I meant Bailey. 

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 12:05:32 PM »
No idea how you think that roster would scare off Joey. If Joey is worried about Matt then maybe we should be worried about Joey. We have NO idea how Eke and John will work out. I look at this as plenty of opportunity for Joey to earn playing time. Nobody in that group will hinder him at all.

I hope you're right. But we've also had issues with guys walking over playing time in the past, so when I see a strong recruit coming into a roster that has a few other guys in that position, I worry. From what I've read about Hauser, I would expect him to be a starter as a freshman, but I also haven't seen anything from Eke or John yet.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 12:31:06 PM »
We're talking Sam Froling?  Sounds like a hobbit name.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2017, 12:42:45 PM »
We need Joey

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2017, 12:44:57 PM »
If there's one thing Wojo has shown it's that he's not opposed to giving freshman a lot of playing time.

We need Joey

We don't need any one recruit.  Joey would be outstanding.  But if he doesn't come we aren't folding the program or leaving the BE, despite what vogue would like.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2017, 12:47:14 PM »
If there's one thing Wojo has shown it's that he's not opposed to giving freshman a lot of playing time.

We don't need any one recruit.  Joey would be outstanding.  But if he doesn't come we aren't folding the program or leaving the BE, despite what vogue would like.
Didn't say that just saying if we got him it would be a huge pickup

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2017, 12:49:39 PM »
Didn't say that just saying if we got him it would be a huge pickup

AKA We don't need him.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 01:17:08 PM »

In this day and age, hard to know who is going to be around in 2 years.  Heldt, Eke and John could all be gone by then. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 01:30:02 PM »
I'm down, but good lord that would be a tall roster. Can't happen as Wojo can't recruit big men.

Backup PG is the position I'm worried about. Think we need to find somebody in the 2018 class to fill that role.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 01:37:22 PM »
The roster in 2018, with or without Joey, is going to be long, which is something we haven't had the luxury of experiencing in a while. We'd look a lot like this year's Georgetown team, but hopefully more talented and more disciplined. Hopefully some of the incoming recruits will add some athleticism to the 2/3 spot, because as much as I like Sam, he's not exactly a slasher.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 01:38:30 PM »
If MU recruits anybody who is "behind" Heldt, then that is a problem. 

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 01:56:41 PM »
If MU recruits anybody who is "behind" Heldt, then that is a problem.

not sure its possible to recruit behind him, unless youre recruiting d 2 players

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 03:13:50 PM »
How quickly Heldt has fallen. A few weeks ago when Luke was struggling there was a sizable group calling for Heldt to start. Now he's a D2 player!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2017, 03:16:40 PM »
Heldt is developing on schedule.    He is the exact kind of big that neither Crean nor Buzz could land.    If he had been able to red-shirt last year and was now a RS frosh, he would be on schedule to be just like one of those Badger bigs that piss us off.     

Brother connection.    I will happily take the younger Froling and the younger Hauser.     But after that, Wojo better be landing some guards.    Although, I expect that with the logjam at the 3-4-5 that landing these two would create, there would inevitably be transfers. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2017, 03:18:35 PM »
I'm down, but good lord that would be a tall roster. Can't happen as Wojo can't recruit big men.

Backup PG is the position I'm worried about. Think we need to find somebody in the 2018 class to fill that role.

If our biggest worry for 2018 is a back up point guard let's buy those final four tix now!

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2017, 03:43:58 PM »
Heldt is developing on schedule.    He is the exact kind of big that neither Crean nor Buzz could land.    If he had been able to red-shirt last year and was now a RS frosh, he would be on schedule to be just like one of those Badger bigs that piss us off.     

Brother connection.    I will happily take the younger Froling and the younger Hauser.     But after that, Wojo better be landing some guards.    Although, I expect that with the logjam at the 3-4-5 that landing these two would create, there would inevitably be transfers.

Delveoping into what? he cant even get minutes on a small sized team. Hes atrociously awful. il have what youre drinking buddy

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2017, 04:08:24 PM »
A serviceable big.  Not a star.  A defend, rebound, score off dump offs and putbacks kind of big.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 03:19:21 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback