[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Respect the Process  (Read 17905 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: Respect the Process
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2017, 05:15:46 PM »
I do.

Where we're going is good to great and while the jury is still out, the facts are clear. Just to remind everyone:

1) Wojo inherited seven scholarship players on his first team. The kids played hard and lost several games because they ran out of gas. Period.

2) His second team included a Top 10 recruiting class. It won 20 games on a weak schedule.

3) His third team may well make the NCAA tournament. As I have said before, if Henry had stayed one more year, we probably would be a Top 15 and maybe a Top 10 team.

4) His fourth team is on the road to filling out many of the weaknesses we currently have.

Look, the guys are "getting it" and beginning to do it. I have no way of knowing, but the fact that Wojo sat by Coach K for nearly two decades and waiting until the Marquette offer arose, says volumes about how we are still regarded.  If he performs here -- and I think he will -- there will be a place for him at Marquette and I'm going to state for the record that Marquette will be his kind of place.

Just remember one thing about Duke: It's a National powerhouse and commends the attention of coaches that would never think of moving. Short of perhaps Roy Williams, Tom Izzo, Slick Rick and John Calipari, there isn't a coach in the country who would not jump at the chance to coach at Duke. Short of a national championship banner hanging in the Milwaukee Bucks Center, I don't see Coach Wojo being a top pick for Duke. Too many schools have gone down the slippery slope of decline by staying too close to their family tree instead of looking at the total of what's out there. I just don't see Duke doing that (See: Raymonds, Hank; Guthridge, Bill; or, Thompson III, John for starters).

I'm in the same boat as you.  But I'm not certain Wojo takes K's job even if offered it.  I remember him saying something about going to a school and making it your "Duke". 

It's just crazy how this board constantly goes from calling for pitchforks or to tar/feather Wojo, to the next day deathly afraid he may leave us. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2017, 05:51:46 PM »
It's just crazy how this board constantly goes from calling for pitchforks or to tar/feather Wojo, to the next day deathly afraid he may leave us.

I love this.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2017, 07:25:22 PM »
I'm in the same boat as you.  But I'm not certain Wojo takes K's job even if offered it.  I remember him saying something about going to a school and making it your "Duke". 

Normal Scoop, hey?
Goal is National Championship

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2017, 07:29:41 PM »

So true. I hope Wojo is here for the long term, and as you said, he's made comments that would lead you to believe he wants to build his. I'm not gonna stress about him bouncing, nor should anyone else, even when other nice jobs eventually become available to him.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2017, 09:58:28 PM »
Can we stop with the "What if we..." threads and just let the process play out?  What if we beat Nova and Providence, are we ranked?  Well, let's do it and see.  What if we don't get swept by anyone?  Well, that'd be awesome.  But it's not happening.

Respect the process.  Let's discuss if we actually accomplish some of these feats.  Until then, it doesn't matter.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2017, 10:01:11 PM »
So far Wojo's teams are inconsistent at best and mediocre at worst.  Not sold on the guy regardless of who he's got on his roster.  Needs to coach them up.  These guys play stupid.  Howard and Hauser appear to be catching the dumbness

warriorfan 14

• Starter
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2017, 10:02:26 PM »
until wojo proves he can build a team that can play defense and consistently win, i'm not the least bit worried about losing him (and really wouldn't even be sad to see him go). also, there is no way he is even close to being ready for the duke job, unless he is going back to being an assistant again.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2017, 10:04:57 PM »
Chrabacz 8-11, simply layups.  At least he can make a layup
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2017, 10:07:39 PM »
Yes, respect the process. The process of a mid-major, Butler owning us in the BEast.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2017, 10:08:48 PM »
I dont blame this on wojo one bit.  Most of our turnovers were absolutely stupid passes.   And then we missed 6-7 truly uncontested layups and miss fts late.  Thats 100% about mental toughness.  Ive said it before our seniors exhibit none of it.  When it comes to winning time our seniors choke.  You can dissect the roster all u want n say we wont be better next year... We will our younger players have some toughness, our seniors are chokers
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2017, 10:09:50 PM »
I dont blame this on wojo one bit.  Most of our turnovers were absolutely stupid passes.   And then we missed 6-7 truly uncontested layups and miss fts late.  Thats 100% about mental toughness.  Ive said it before our seniors exhibit none of it.  When it comes to winning time our seniors choke.  You can dissect the roster all u want n say we wont be better next year... We will our younger players have some toughness, our seniors are chokers

Luke (a senior) is the only player that showed up tonight.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2017, 10:10:42 PM »
Luke carried the team tonight.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2017, 10:15:20 PM »
So far Wojo's teams are inconsistent at best and mediocre at worst.  Not sold on the guy regardless of who he's got on his roster.  Needs to coach them up.  These guys play stupid.  Howard and Hauser appear to be catching the dumbness

Counterpoint. They are freshman and other teams have scouted them up and are exploiting their weaknesses.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2017, 10:22:56 PM »

What 6-7 truly untested layups did we miss?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2017, 10:32:28 PM »

We missed a few bunnies. But most teams do.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2017, 10:45:22 PM »
Defense.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2017, 08:56:53 AM »
Why engage with the troll?  Nothing you say is going to have the slightest impact.  This is an Alternative Facts guy, and no verifiable fact is going to matter to him.  Luke having another double-double and having twice as many SOTG's as anyone else are just conspiracies of the liberal media.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

feedback