collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: #2 Falls Twice in Two Days.  (Read 1793 times)

Benny B

• All American
#2 Falls Twice in Two Days.
« on: January 26, 2017, 10:29:49 AM »
http://deadspin.com/police-investigating-report-of-16-year-old-girl-raped-a-1791627640

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/e/1ytCEuuW2_A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/e/1ytCEuuW2_A</a>

Cliff's Notes: Rape of 16 year old girl being investigated.  Five KU players (including two starters) - collectively accounting for over 40 PPG - have been named as witnesses.  Another bench player has been connected to the investigation but is not named as a witness.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 10:37:42 AM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: #2 Falls Twice in Two Days.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 08:58:02 AM »
Carlton Bragg has been suspended indefinitely but supposedly it has nothing to do with the sexual assault investigation.

5 players named as witnesses. Kansas better hope that 4 of those are truly just witnesses and not a Minnesota type situation where multiple players were involved with the assault.

Will be watching this closely. TAMU (the university, not me) tends to pay closer attention when its a current or former conference partner.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 09:45:11 AM »
TAMU - Is this a Title IX issue since the purported victim is not a student?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 10:18:27 AM »
TAMU - Is this a Title IX issue since the purported victim is not a student?

Yes. Title IX mandates investigation when a student (or faculty/staff member) is accused of committing an act of sexual violence, not when an act is committed against them. I heard a case not too long ago where a student from Sam Houston State was sexually assaulted by a TAMU student at an off campus location. Sam Houston had no obligation to investigate, but we did because it was our student who committed the act.
TAMU

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 05:32:15 PM »
Yes. Title IX mandates investigation when a student (or faculty/staff member) is accused of committing an act of sexual violence, not when an act is committed against them. I heard a case not too long ago where a student from Sam Houston State was sexually assaulted by a TAMU student at an off campus location. Sam Houston had no obligation to investigate, but we did because it was our student who committed the act.

Is that the Jerry Sandusky rule?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 12:52:03 PM »
Is that the Jerry Sandusky rule?

I know this is a joke but its more a matter of jurisdiction. Universities have no ability to hold non-students/faculty/staff accountable.
TAMU