Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wild Hall is a go  (Read 24514 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Wild Hall is a go
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2017, 05:51:36 PM »
Nor many students.

In my experience, perspective students want the big fancy halls. Once they are here, the ones in the crappy ones seem to be most satisfied and engaged. TAMU built 4 new residence halls in the last 5 years. All upscale, private bathrooms, all the works. The staff there say the halls are ghost towns. No one leaves their rooms because why would they need to? Feels more like hotels than dorms. Its kind of sad honestly. I loved my experience in OD. Doors were always open and people just shooting the sh*t in the hallways constantly. Newest generation is missing out IMHO
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2017, 09:59:37 PM »
I don't know Piper. Y'all gave me plenty of good stories in OD.

Just got a timehop about the unofficial mascot
Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2017, 09:09:16 AM »

So the double is where the pot smoking occurs, a,ina?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2017, 09:40:13 AM »
In my experience, perspective students want the big fancy halls. Once they are here, the ones in the crappy ones seem to be most satisfied and engaged. TAMU built 4 new residence halls in the last 5 years. All upscale, private bathrooms, all the works. The staff there say the halls are ghost towns. No one leaves their rooms because why would they need to? Feels more like hotels than dorms. Its kind of sad honestly. I loved my experience in OD. Doors were always open and people just shooting the sh*t in the hallways constantly. Newest generation is missing out IMHO

I was really surprised that my daughter, who is a Freshman at Georgetown, actually wanted to live in one of the dorms with community bathrooms.  She had spent some time on campus on a couple of occasion in the dorms and definitely preferred the dorms with shared bathrooms.  The one freshman dorm with private bathrooms, the rooms were smaller (maybe only 15-20 square feet), and she preferred the extra space in the room.  Knowing this child, I was absolutely shocked that this was her preference.  Happily, she got the dorm she preferred in GU's random assignment that they use for freshman.  The layout of her dorm is three clusters of eight rooms on each floor with one bathroom and shower room in each cluster.  In other words, roughly 16 kids per bathroom/shower-room (or about half what McCormick would have had).
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2017, 09:56:33 AM »
OMG, the new dorm will be called WILD Hall?!  College students?   Hundreds of them in one place.  Away from home?   Imagine the headlines.  One-liners.  Puns. Wild Hall - how apropos.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2017, 10:18:31 AM »

THIS ^^^^^

McCormick for me.  Horrible aesthetics, life long friends.

One of my children - O'Donnell.  Their room was the first one off the stairwell so we advised them to make it a rule that you keep your door open as people walk down to their rooms since they pass yours first.  The friends you will make and that is exactly how it played out.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2017, 10:27:48 AM »
OMG, the new dorm will be called WILD Hall?!  College students?   Hundreds of them in one place.  Away from home?   Imagine the headlines.  One-liners.  Puns. Wild Hall - how apropos.

You need to log into Scoop more often, bro.
Have some patience, FFS.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2017, 11:20:30 AM »
based on the dimensions of that pod layout, those beds must be less than 5 feet long.
Or than sink is about 4 feet wide.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2017, 12:51:00 PM »
Hmm...one toilet for 4 students. Probably OK for the guys but the ladies not so sure.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2017, 02:43:06 PM »
based on the dimensions of that pod layout, those beds must be less than 5 feet long.
Or than sink is about 4 feet wide.

I don't believe those are from the actual floor plans.  It was only an example of what a pod-type layout is.

My guess is that Marquette would not want a dorm designed for freshmen and sophomores  that would have that large of a ratio of singles to doubles.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2017, 02:44:33 PM »
Hmm...one toilet for 4 students. Probably OK for the guys but the ladies not so sure.

This comment is so..., I don't even know where to begin...
Have some patience, FFS.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2017, 03:08:55 PM »

Ehhhh, I dunno about that. I enjoyed Straz much more than I enjoyed McCormick.

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2017, 04:43:02 PM »
Ehhhh, I dunno about that. I enjoyed Straz much more than I enjoyed McCormick.

Might be something wrong with you then  :o

tower912

• All American
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2017, 06:13:29 PM »
One year at Mc, two years in Carpenter Tower 912.  Door was always open unless somebody had company or sleepy time.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2017, 06:46:58 AM »
You need to log into Scoop more often, bro.

I guess so - or least read the text rather than just look at the pictures.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2017, 12:48:47 PM »
This comment is so..., I don't even know where to begin...

Right, Chick! Obviously we know that the boys only need an open window...
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2017, 04:54:43 PM »
Right, Chick! Obviously we know that the boys only need an open window...

This comment is so..., I don't really know where to begin.

Touche!

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2017, 07:07:38 PM »
Open doors always on my wing on 9th floor McCormick.  Most of those guys are still good friends today.

feedback