[Today at 09:02:10 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by wadesworld
[Today at 08:58:33 PM]

Marquette NBA Thread by MU82
[Today at 08:33:32 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 08:02:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Deja Vu..... with a revenge chaser.  (Read 13956 times)

tower912

• All American
Deja Vu..... with a revenge chaser.
« on: January 11, 2017, 08:31:47 PM »
1.   First half, my wife of 25 years looks up and says "Wow.   I cannot remember the last time I heard you swearing at the refs."  'nuf said.
2.  Markus, I believe.   No fear.   On your way to adding your name to the pantheon of great MU point guards. 
3.  This was the kind of rebounding game I have been afraid of all year.
4.  Duane, I know you didn't score much and missed a couple of dagger shots.    Damn, it was nice to have you back tonight.   But quit committing dumb, ego fouls.  And don't pass the ball to Heldt ever again. 
5.  A simple thing with a lead down the stretch.   Make free throws, win game.   Role reversal on free throws tonight and it cost MU. 
6.  Wojo should have used a timeout earlier.    My only complaint about him tonight.   
7.  Heldt actually played good defense on DelGado.  Give the kid props.  He stepped up when so many other wouldn't.  Active, aggressive, playing without fear.   
8.  After blowing that late lead, with Fischer and Hauser fouled out, there was no way MU would win in OT.  And yet.....
9.  Holding leads is apparently a thing this year.    How do you hold leads?   Have an upperlassman step up and grab the game by the throat. 
10.  KR was too open and double clutching on his 3's tonight.    Weird.   Don't think.   Shoot. 
11.  In the end, just enough.    Which is enough.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

DJO's Jaw

• All American
Re: Deja Vu..... with a revenge chaser.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 08:35:24 PM »
I will be very happy if we don't have to play them again this year.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 08:36:52 PM »
Is Seton Hall the best rebounding team in the conference?  I hope so because I don't want to see anything like that again.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 08:38:28 PM »
JJJ is absurdly talented and just as absurdly frustrating
Fish with a good game, nice to see him bounce back
Haani was also having a nice bounce back, then seemed to lose it again
Howard fantastic yet again
Katin's FT and offense board made up for that horrid 3 attempt
Obviously Heldt's best game to date at MU
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 08:38:51 PM »
I'm assuming Heisy won't read this thread

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 08:39:04 PM »
What's happenin' fellas, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 08:39:32 PM »
Is Seton Hall the best rebounding team in the conference?  I hope so because I don't want to see anything like that again.

Well they have 2 of the top 3 individual players
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

nyg

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 08:40:17 PM »
SH 27 offensive rebounds, MU 10.  That will change with Cain, John, Froling and Hauser.  Sam in foul trouble hurt the stats.

KR really hurt team in regulation with taking that three and missing front end, only second miss of year.  But made the big ones in OT

Best free throw shooting team and they almost blew it tonight.

JJJ, after two dumb errors, sat last like 10 minutes of regulation.  Duane got most minutes, but JJJ with huge three in OT.

Rowsey sat second half on, Howard played a lot and he is a cool customer.

Great win, but have to resolve the big lead keeping.  No clue as to why this is happening, can't use the team is young excuse. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 08:40:32 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 08:40:39 PM »
I'm assuming Heisy won't read this thread

He will blame Wojo for JjJ's lackluster performance and offer the two made shots in overtime as proof that Wojo has ruined him.    Only he will do it 1000 times. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 08:40:58 PM »
I will be very happy if we don't have to play them again this year.

+1.

Super happy with the result of this one though.

And LOL @ Wojo's floor slap!

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 08:41:02 PM »
1.   First half, my wife of 25 years looks up and says "Wow.   I cannot remember the last time I heard you swearing at the refs."  'nuf said.
2.  Markus, I believe.   No fear.   On your way to adding your name to the pantheon of great MU point guards. 
3.  This was the kind of rebounding game I have been afraid of all year.
4.  Duane, I know you didn't score much and missed a couple of dagger shots.    Damn, it was nice to have you back tonight.   But quit committing dumb, ego fouls.  And don't pass the ball to Heldt ever again. 
5.  A simple thing with a lead down the stretch.   Make free throws, win game.   Role reversal on free throws tonight and it cost MU. 
6.  Wojo should have used a timeout earlier.    My only complaint about him tonight.   
7.  Heldt actually played good defense on DelGado.  Give the kid props.  He stepped up when so many other wouldn't.  Active, aggressive, playing without fear.   
8.  After blowing that late lead, with Fischer and Hauser fouled out, there was no way MU would win in OT.  And yet.....
9.  Holding leads is apparently a thing this year.    How do you hold leads?   Have an upperlassman step up and grab the game by the throat. 
10.  KR was too open and double clutching on his 3's tonight.    Weird.   Don't think.   Shoot. 
11.  In the end, just enough.    Which is enough.

Howard seems comfortable scoring or facilitating. It's nice.

I know it probably wasn't in the gameplan/playcall... but why did we have Haani shooting so many FTs at the end of regulation? You have Howard, Rowsey, Katin...90%+ guys

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 08:41:16 PM »
tower's (and my) worries of DR% realized tonight, but without a loss.. whew. We held a huge 55% to 46% eFG% edge. Survived thanks to our shooting.

KR, HC need to clear their minds... we'll need them to knock down big shots.

Markus 2 NBA.. if this helps people recognize one of my skills, great, but my happiness regarding him is his play and demeanor and actions on and off the court. I said it before he hit the court, but we're so fortunate to have him at MU. Good grief. So special. 

Thought Matthew on defense held his own in OT - great job. Offense.. guys need to understand they can't flip 'hot' passes to him.

Rowsey - 3 mins.. what's the story? Strictly a Markus and matchup issue?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 08:42:59 PM »
SH 27 offensive rebounds, MU 10.  That will change with Cain, John, Froling and Hauser.  Sam in foul trouble hurt the stats.

KR really hurt team in regulation with taking that three and missing front end, only second miss of year.  But made the big ones in OT

Best free throw shooting team and they almost blew it tonight.

JJJ, after two dumb errors, sat last like 10 minutes of regulation.  Duane got most minutes, but JJJ with huge three in OT.

Rowsey sat second half on, Howard played a lot and he is a cool customer.

Great win, but have to resolve the big lead keeping.  No clue as to why this is happening, can't use the team is young excuse.

JJJ scored and gave up 5 points in OT. Bad defense (outside of steals) continues with him

Rowsey couldn't handle the press well. And Howard was playing extremely well

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 08:43:39 PM »
tower's (and my) worries of DR% realized tonight, but without a loss.. whew. We held a huge 55% to 46% eFG% edge. Survived thanks to our shooting.

Markus 2 NBA.. if this helps people recognize one of my skills, great, but my happiness regarding him is his play and demeanor and actions on and off the court. I said it before he hit the court, but we're so fortunate to have him at MU. Good grief. So special. 

Thought Matthew on defense held his own in OT - great job. Offense.. guys need to understand they can't flip 'hot' passes to him.

Howard was playing too good to take off the floor.     And, yes, this team is going to have to pass the ball to Heldt like Buzz's team did to Otule.   When you have made eye contact and he is set.    But, the kid sacked up.   Hard to be critical. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:47:21 PM by tower912 »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 08:43:54 PM »
Can anyone tell me why we didn't try to attack once breaking the press? More than a few times we had 4 on 3 after Howard passed through the press, only to have the other guard hold-up.

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 08:43:58 PM »
Also: F the announcers for straight up dissing MU when they said this game was a must win for SHU because MU is at the bottom of the table.  At the end of the year MU will be above SHU on the table.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2017, 08:44:20 PM »

Did you watch yet?

Rowsey against the press looked like a blind man on roller skates.

It was bad.

Other guys all handled it great
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2017, 08:44:26 PM »
Couldn't bring the ball up effectively under pressure. But yeah, thought he'd get a few minutes in the 2H.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2017, 08:44:33 PM »
Rineharts quick three off the miss added 30 secs to the game. Just enuff time for seton hall to get back into it.  A really horrible decision make or miss.  Similar to duane wilsons game losing 3 aginst belmont last year
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2017, 08:45:33 PM »
Also: F the announcers for straight up dissing MU when they said this game was a must win for SHU because MU is at the bottom of the table.  At the end of the year MU will be above SHU on the table.
That was Brian Anderson.  He seems to hate every Wisconsin team

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 08:47:10 PM »
Last game with SHU Heldt was the only one banging Delgado. he plays bigger than Fischer on D

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2017, 08:49:00 PM »
Not only did SHU have 27 offensive rebounds...Marquette only had 23 defensive rebounds.  That is terrible.

Markus played probably 40 minutes, 22 points, six assists, NO turnovers. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 08:54:23 PM »
Not only did SHU have 27 offensive rebounds...Marquette only had 23 defensive rebounds.  That is terrible.

Markus played probably 40 minutes, 22 points, six assists, NO turnovers.

Assuming Markus is a four year player I'm having trouble imaging how good he is going to be. So impressive.

thekahoona

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 08:56:05 PM »
I'm satisfied.

We got a floor slap out of Wojo.

That is all.

feedback