Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: SOTG Question  (Read 4928 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
SOTG Question
« on: December 24, 2016, 11:45:24 AM »
We have 9 scholarship players.  So far 7 have made SOTG at least once.

The two that have not are Reinhart and Heldt.  I can see Reinhart going off one game and becoming SOTG.  How about Heldt?

We have never had a year where all scholarship players (at the end of the season) made SOTG at least once.  Will this be the first year?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: SOTG Question
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 11:55:59 AM »
Should I have started a thread instead of using the already existing SOTG thread?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 12:01:16 PM »
Should I have started a thread instead of using the already existing SOTG thread?

In Corny's defense, y'all start a new SOTG thread after every game (even though each one is usually named generically, "SOTG".

To discuss the trend of this year's SsOTG is legitimately a new topic.
Have some patience, FFS.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 12:20:25 PM »
Actually, up until this year it was always a STOG thread ;)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 12:38:23 PM »
Never stops amazes me the way people get bent out of shape of threads being started.  Why they care is baffling.

And in this case it tells us a lot of about the childhood issues brew had that he spends in Christmas eve complaining about this thread being started (as opposed to being added to tangentially related thread) instead of answering it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 12:56:44 PM »
Never stops amazes me the way people get bent out of shape of threads being started.  Why they care is baffling.

And in this case it tells us a lot of about the childhood issues brew had that he spends in Christmas eve complaining about this thread being started (as opposed to being added to tangentially related thread) instead of answering it.

Lol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 01:05:44 PM »
Given Brew's post and Tower's post in the last SOTG thread, I can see why Brew answered as he did above. 

Either way, Merry Christmas Scoopers.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2016, 01:30:17 PM »

« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 02:16:46 PM by brewcity77 »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2016, 02:29:49 PM »
Given Brew's post and Tower's post in the last SOTG thread, I can see why Brew answered as he did above. 

Either way, Merry Christmas Scoopers.

Ok, I looked at the SOTG thread earlier this morning before you posted, and saw it was off the rails ranting about a bunch of stuff that had nothing to do with SOTG, it was on Henry decision to leave and JJJ's recruiting ranking.  Like all threads that go several pages around here, it was so far off topic I could not figure out what the discussion was anymore.  Then I posted the same thing here - without checking to see if someone had the same idea in the previous two hours.  It appears a lot of us are thinking the same thing.

Francis has lightened up

Merry Christmas

PS - why do people get all agitated about new threads but NEVER complain when existing threads go way off topic?  I still think lots of shorter threads that stay on topic than long winding threads that wander off into the wilderness would make this a much better (more readable) place.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 02:32:47 PM by Yukon Cornelius »

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2016, 02:37:43 PM »

+100000000

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2016, 05:22:33 PM »
Probably, because we have a balanced team thats pretty good and the winning plays can come from anyone.  Does that stay on point?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2016, 06:04:06 PM »

Um, shouldn't this complaint be in the Superbar?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2016, 08:58:00 PM »
Ok, I looked at the SOTG thread earlier this morning before you posted, and saw it was off the rails ranting about a bunch of stuff that had nothing to do with SOTG, it was on Henry decision to leave and JJJ's recruiting ranking.  Like all threads that go several pages around here, it was so far off topic I could not figure out what the discussion was anymore.  Then I posted the same thing here - without checking to see if someone had the same idea in the previous two hours.  It appears a lot of us are thinking the same thing.

Francis has lightened up

Merry Christmas

PS - why do people get all agitated about new threads but NEVER complain when existing threads go way off topic?  I still think lots of shorter threads that stay on topic than long winding threads that wander off into the wilderness would make this a much better (more readable) place.

Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin got the licks for many of his new tunes from stuff he came up with while improvising in concert.  I like to think of long scoop threads that stray off topic the same way.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2016, 09:50:38 PM »
Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin got the licks for many of his new tunes from stuff he came up with while improvising in concert.  I like to think of long scoop threads that stray off topic the same way.

Big fan of Jimmy Page but the master of improv was Mr. Jerome Garcia. RIP.

Death on call

fjm

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2016, 10:38:30 PM »
Because Yukon, it's annoying when you post a JJJ IS POISED FOR A BREAK OUT YEAR! Thread.

Then 4 days later you post a SAM HAUSER IS POISED FOR A BREAK OUT YEAR! Thread.

And then 13 days later you post a "DUANE WILSON! HE'LL BREAK OUT THIS YEAR!" Thread.

We get it. You called dibs on every player and also on every topic even if it's a repost of the repost.

VANDER BLUE D LEAGUE STATS thread.

DWIGHT BYUCKS D LEAGUE STATS thread.

Need I go on.
What I guess I'm saying is that right now I'm drinking TATOOSH burboun with a splash of ginger beer (let's
Call this regular SCOOP).
By guess is you, Yukon, much like MUFNY enjoy drinking TATOOSH with 53 ice cubes, half a bottle of Sprite and some cherry juice (watered down scoop). And there is nothing wrong with your drink choice or your want for a watered down scoop, it's just a bummer because not everyone loves the taste of that.

You're not worse, you're not better. You're just you. And that's cool. But don't water down a good thing with excess unnecessary crud posts seen in other posts.
Xoxo
Merry Christmas.

Also I've had too much bourbon so any spelling errors are blamed 100% on my fathers alcohol pouring habits.
Love you all and GO WARRIORS... and sh!t.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 10:40:08 PM by fjm »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2016, 10:50:50 PM »
TATOOSH burboun with a splash of ginger beer

Interesting. Tatoosh is distilled here in Seattle. I am not a bourbon drinker but those who are rave about this brand.

Death on call

fjm

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2016, 11:04:50 PM »
Interesting. Tatoosh is distilled here in Seattle. I am not a bourbon drinker but those who are rave about this brand.
Tonight is my first time and it is not bad at all. I would recommend it to all. And to ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2016, 11:34:15 PM »
Because Yukon, it's annoying when you post a JJJ IS POISED FOR A BREAK OUT YEAR! Thread.

Then 4 days later you post a SAM HAUSER IS POISED FOR A BREAK OUT YEAR! Thread.

And then 13 days later you post a "DUANE WILSON! HE'LL BREAK OUT THIS YEAR!" Thread.

We get it. You called dibs on every player and also on every topic even if it's a repost of the repost.

VANDER BLUE D LEAGUE STATS thread.

DWIGHT BYUCKS D LEAGUE STATS thread.

Didn't MUFINY start those threads? I'm pretty sure Yukon is Heisenberg. MUFINY is currently on a mandated month's vacation.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2016, 12:10:39 AM »
Didn't MUFINY start those threads? I'm pretty sure Yukon is Heisenberg. MUFINY is currently on a mandated month's vacation.

Yeah, it's Heisy. Or Jesse. Or if I'm remembering right, Another_MU84?

fjm

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2016, 06:34:39 AM »

Yes MUFNY did. I guess my point was just that, why continue to make more threads that cover the same topic.

Also merry Christmas gents!

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2016, 06:37:35 AM »
ND sucks.

Anyone been ice fishing yet? 

Hey, what's everyone drinking this morning???????  Got my BIL a Bloody kit from Croix Valley Foods.  Good place for dry rubs too.

Merry Christmas all!!!!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 06:39:57 AM by real chili 83 »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2016, 07:01:32 AM »

Correct, it was not me.

But so what?  Why do you find that annoying, why do you possibly care?

What I find annoying is opening the SOTG thread to see you guys babbling about Henry leaving early or JJJ's recruiting ranking.  Stay on topic!!

(This thread is as guilty as that one)

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2016, 07:55:57 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone.  Good question Yukon Heisty. Matty's probably not winning a stud but it is possible.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2016, 08:22:42 AM »
ND sucks.

Anyone been ice fishing yet? 

Hey, what's everyone drinking this morning???????  Got my BIL a Bloody kit from Croix Valley Foods.  Good place for dry rubs too.

Merry Christmas all!!!!

OJ with some coconut rum!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2016, 08:35:07 AM »
Hot chocolate with some marshmallow fluff