[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: what do ya do with grayson allen?  (Read 15573 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: what do ya do with grayson allen?
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2017, 11:05:29 PM »
You can make the title match up with the chorus of 'Drunken Sailor'.    Now all we need to do is write the verses.   
Whadaya do with a Grayson Allen,
Whadaya do with a Grayson Allen,
Whadaya do with a Grayson Allen
If you're Mike Krszyzewski.....

Sit 'em in the corner with a pacifier
Sit 'em in the corner with his favorite blankey
Sit 'em in the corner with his sippie cup un
Til time out is over.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

drewm88

• All American

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2017, 03:31:54 PM »
So? Guy is a dirty player. They've existed for decades at every level of every sport.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2017, 04:15:59 PM »
So? Guy is a dirty player. They've existed for decades at every level of every sport.

so no big deal?  i believe there's a story here.  you may be ok with it, but if he causes someone to blow out a knee or something, then would it be, "so"? 

the thing is, if allen had a brain cell, he would pinch himself in the ball sac every time he had the urge to throw out his leg, i.e. a tripping motion.  it seems like he does this quite naturally.  has no one ever reprimanded him for this?  i mean, really reprimanded him
don't...don't don't don't don't

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2017, 04:23:27 PM »
so no big deal?  i believe there's a story here.  you may be ok with it, but if he causes someone to blow out a knee or something, then would it be, "so"? 

the thing is, if allen had a brain cell, he would pinch himself in the ball sac every time he had the urge to throw out his leg, i.e. a tripping motion.  it seems like he does this quite naturally.  has no one ever reprimanded him for this?  i mean, really reprimanded him

I'm not "okay" with it. I just think he was punished. Move on.

Why is everyone going nuts over this kid? Where is all the outrage over other dirty players that have ever existed? Where's the "real" reprimand for those guys?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2017, 04:25:06 PM »
Trade 'im, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2017, 07:56:44 PM »
I'm not "okay" with it. I just think he was punished. Move on.

Why is everyone going nuts over this kid? Where is all the outrage over other dirty players that have ever existed? Where's the "real" reprimand for those guys?

I think the issue is that some people think he did it again since returning from the punishment.  I think the most recent thing with BC is less conclusive than the first three.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2017, 08:44:21 PM »
Trade 'im, hey?

I'll give you JJJ straight up for Grayson.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2017, 09:51:23 PM »
Heres the thing, I think one it happens once, people start to look for it more and more. Same thing happened to me, the people who live below me came up and bitched us out once because we were walking too loudly in our apartment. They did the same thing a week later even though every single one of us were already in bed, they were literally imagining things making stuff up to fit their narrative.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2017, 10:14:02 PM »
Heres the thing, I think one it happens once, people start to look for it more and more. Same thing happened to me, the people who live below me came up and bitched us out once because we were walking too loudly in our apartment. They did the same thing a week later even though every single one of us were already in bed, they were literally imagining things making stuff up to fit their narrative.

I hope that as they left your place to go back downstairs, you tripped 'em!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2017, 10:24:18 PM »
I hope that as they left your place to go back downstairs, you tripped 'em!

They're right twats. Theres been more than that, I just gave you the simple version. Its one of those couples that think theyre sooo special because they have a kid and they expect us to adjust to their schedule.

Anyways, point being Grayson is going to be scrutinized for every little motion he does with his legs for the rest of his career, warranted or not.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2017, 10:30:02 PM »
They're right twats. Theres been more than that, I just gave you the simple version. Its one of those couples that think theyre sooo special because they have a kid and they expect us to adjust to their schedule.

Anyways, point being Grayson is going to be scrutinized for every little motion he does with his legs for the rest of his career, warranted or not.

Maybe so but that doesn't change the fact that last night the dude kicked his leg at another player. Have never seen that type of kick occur naturally. The fact that he's tried to kick/trip people in the past is completely relevant to interpreting last night's obvious kick.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2017, 12:56:57 AM »

Were you 'actively' in bed?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2017, 08:52:00 AM »

I had downstairs neighbors that were similar.  If I dared walk across the apartment at night they would bang on their ceiling.  It was carpeted, and I never wore shoes in the apartment.  I'm pretty sure they wanted me to hover.  One night they woke me up by banging on their ceiling when I was sleeping in bed.  I'm not sure what they were complaining about that time.  I've never been so happy to move.  I hope a tap dancer moved in after me.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2017, 08:28:38 PM »
If you want to see a truly dirty play, just look at what Kyle O'Quinn did to Anthony Davis tonight.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2017, 12:34:03 AM »
don't...don't don't don't don't

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2017, 08:49:47 AM »
This kid seriously has something wrong with him. He needs psychiatric help. I do commend the FSU coach for taking the high road.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/01/11/duke-grayson-allen-shoves-fsu-coach

« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:54:44 AM by MerrittsMustache »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2017, 09:17:04 AM »
This kid seriously has something wrong with him. He needs psychiatric help. I do commend the FSU coach for taking the high road.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/01/11/duke-grayson-allen-shoves-fsu-coach

Eh ... is describing what happened "taking the high road?"
Grayson is a punk and all, but if this collision involved anyone else nobody would have given it a second thought.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2017, 09:29:58 AM »
Grayson is a punk and all, but if this collision involved anyone else nobody would have given it a second thought.

And the coach involved even said as much.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2017, 09:54:02 AM »

True, but what's your point?

If the trip against Elon was any other player it wouldn't have been a big deal either and the tripping player wouldn't have been suspended. Since it's a kid who's fresh off a suspension and has an immature, dangerous on-court history, it is given a second thought when he blatantly shoves an opposing coach while going for a loose ball.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2017, 10:24:09 AM »

If the trip against Elon was any other player it wouldn't have been a big deal either and the tripping player wouldn't have been suspended. Since it's a kid who's fresh off a suspension and has an immature, dangerous on-court history, it is given a second thought when he blatantly shoves an opposing coach while going for a loose ball.

Your definition of blatant is very different than mine.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2017, 11:15:38 AM »

My point is that your interpretation of it as "blatant" is a solely result of who Allen is, not what actually occurred. What actually occurred was a minor collision between a guy going hard for a ball and a coach who couldn't get out of his way fast enough. If it had been Joe Blow instead of Grayson Allen, you wouldn't characterize it as "blatantly shoving." In fact, you probably wouldn't have even noticed it, and you certainly wouldn't have seen the clip posted all over the internet.

And please with the "dangerous on-court history" nonsense. Tripping someone is idiotic and dirty, but it's exceedingly less dangerous than, say, a hard foul on a driving layup ... a play which more often than not is considered smart, clean basketball, but is far more likely to result in injury than a trip.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2017, 11:26:37 AM »

If an NBA player dove into the stands and did the exact same body movement as Grayson Allen, he'd be suspended and fined.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2017, 11:33:04 AM »
My point is that your interpretation of it as "blatant" is a solely result of who Allen is, not what actually occurred. What actually occurred was a minor collision between a guy going hard for a ball and a coach who couldn't get out of his way fast enough. If it had been Joe Blow instead of Grayson Allen, you wouldn't characterize it as "blatantly shoving." In fact, you probably wouldn't have even noticed it, and you certainly wouldn't have seen the clip posted all over the internet.

No, it's not only because it's Allen that I think the shove was obvious. The story has become national news because it's Allen. I think the shove was blatant because I watched the video and saw a blatant shove. How often do you see some lose their balance and attempt to regain it by giving someone a hard two-handed shove to the chest?

And please with the "dangerous on-court history" nonsense. Tripping someone is idiotic and dirty, but it's exceedingly less dangerous than, say, a hard foul on a driving layup ... a play which more often than not is considered smart, clean basketball, but is far more likely to result in injury than a trip.

So a dirty play isn't dangerous? In the context of the game, a hard foul makes sense to avoid giving up an easy two points. Kicking/tripping an opponent because you're frustrated doesn't.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2017, 11:59:00 AM »
If an NBA player dove into the stands and did the exact same body movement as Grayson Allen, he'd be suspended and fined.

Oh, well that's a provable argument.
I counter with "An NBA player who dives into the stands and does the exact same body movement as Grayson Allen would never ever be suspended or fined."