Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Traci Carter to Transfer  (Read 48990 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: Traci Carter to Transfer
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2016, 03:30:02 PM »
Liked the kid but he had mid major game

Don't do that. Traci could have absolutely been useful and earned minutes with this team, he had the talent.

Just because it's best for him to go somewhere doesn't mean we should diminish his value.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2016, 03:31:15 PM »
Don't do that. Traci could have absolutely been useful and earned minutes with this team, he had the talent.

Just because it's best for him to go somewhere doesn't mean we should diminish his value.

+10
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Traci Transferring
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2016, 03:31:17 PM »
Wojo saw what many of us saw - Markus was on a different level than Traci on the offensive end of the court. "Progressing" from a starter as a freshman to the 2nd or 3rd string as a sophomore doesn't sit well with most players.

mixINaWILSON

• Walk-On
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2016, 03:31:44 PM »
Traci was Cadougan 2.0.  This really sticks in my craw.

Wojo is a hack and a dink.   

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2016, 03:33:49 PM »
Knew about this last night.  Strictly about playing time.  Staff did not want to see him leave.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2016, 03:36:50 PM »
SpaceforRent

He will not end up at a program at our level or higher. He is mid tier D1 PG and not upper end BE PG.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2016, 03:37:30 PM »
Knew about this last night.  Strictly about playing time.  Staff did not want to see him leave.

I can't fault Traci for going somewhere to play more, but kids really need to figure out they'd be better off to play here the rest of the season, then transfer and save some eligibility.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2016, 03:40:04 PM »

About what I would expect from a Vol Fan.

Let's face it, any program is going to have transfers. Kids get frustrated because they want to play. Wojo's job isn't to satisfy a 19-year-old's need for playing time. It's put a team on the floor with a good chance of winning on any given night. Unless Traci shot more effectively and left the turnovers behind, his minutes were going to be limited.

I really hate to see any scholarship athlete leave Marquette, but if he's better off at UW-Superior, Hibbing State College of Iron Mining or Nashville Auto-Diesel College, so be it. I hope he does well.

Most of us think of Traci based on what we saw on the videos from the European tour 16 months ago. He's a good player but he is rough and has to step up more to get significant minutes against the core guards we now have.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2016, 03:41:00 PM »
I don't see how people see this as a concerning trend. Wojo brings in better talent, and somehow it is his fault that other players have "hurt feelings" and want to leave.

If you ask me, I keep adding the talent and hope that players realize their role as things develop.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2016, 03:42:31 PM »

Is Cadougan 2.0 a compliment? 

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2016, 03:43:42 PM »
Traci is a rich man's Derrick Wilson. He's a hard-nosed player who's a solid defender, good ball-handler and limited shooter. He had value as a back-up PG but he probably wanted more. Can't blame him for that. I wish him the best.

PistolPete

• Starter
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2016, 03:48:48 PM »

Ahhh, no, no he was not. Cadougan was superior in all facets but defense.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2016, 03:52:05 PM »
I don't see how people see this as a concerning trend. Wojo brings in better talent, and somehow it is his fault that other players have "hurt feelings" and want to leave.

If you ask me, I keep adding the talent and hope that players realize their role as things develop.

The part that concerns me is the lack of "team experience" moving forward. Last year everyone talked about how we were one of the youngest teams in all of NCAA and we looked the part. This year during the WI game there was a chart showing number of games started by players on each team, we again were inexperienced and looked the part.

We need to players to overcome the "experience" factor we all keep using as an excuse for loses

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2016, 03:54:30 PM »

Not knocking him hes better than 99% of the basketball players in america.  Bottom line is hes the 3rd string pg and has a younger player ahead of him.  U dont need to get ur pc shorts in a wad.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2016, 03:58:17 PM »

I agree but we also need some role players to stick around year to year...

We need to start getting into the post-season again so these types of players don't just look at mins and pull the ripcord on the team mid-season. 

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Re: What's Traci Carter up to?
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2016, 03:59:12 PM »
If sandy n traci were on the same team at the rec who would shoot?

Jk
Both great kids im sure, both just got surpassed by much more talented players.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2016, 03:59:47 PM »
In all seriousness, and I know the transfer rate is rising everywhere, does this reflect badly on Wojo?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2016, 03:59:55 PM »
Ahhh, no, no he was not. Cadougan was superior in all facets but defense.

Carter was a better shooter and overall scorer as well. Cadougan became a better distributor and ball protector, but as a sophomore was inferior in both regards.

Actually, Carter was better at this point than Junior in pretty much every aspect of the game.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2016, 04:01:24 PM »
Nope.  101% of anyone in basketball can watch markus play n then traci. Or sam and then sandy n say ....yep

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2016, 04:02:15 PM »
In all seriousness, and I know the transfer rate is rising everywhere, does this reflect badly on Wojo?

Reflect badly to whom?

Fans? Maybe.

Other recruits? Not at all.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2016, 04:03:41 PM »
Carter was a better shooter and overall scorer as well. Cadougan became a better distributor and ball protector, but as a sophomore was inferior in both regards.

Actually, Carter was better at this point than Junior in pretty much every aspect of the game.

True but neither were better than average BE point guards, in fact both were subpar.  Marcus n Rowsey head and shoulders above those two

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2016, 04:05:18 PM »
Wojo saw what many of us saw - Markus was on a different level than Traci on the offensive end of the court. "Progressing" from a starter as a freshman to the 2nd or 3rd string as a sophomore doesn't sit well with most players.

This.
This isn't Wojo's fault. Or Traci's. He wants to be somewhere he can get significant minutes. As long as Markus Howard is at Marquette and healthy, Traci wouldn't get significant minutes.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2016, 04:05:37 PM »

Exactly, if somebody is better, to bad, suck it up and improve or be left behind.  Yes,  I would have liked him to stay 4 years, but getting guards is not that hard.
Rowsey and Howard for the next two years, with Duane and Cheatham at the 2.  There fine,  going forward.   Get a combo guard for 2018, grad transfer for 2017
and 4 schollys in 2018,

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2016, 04:07:32 PM »
Hate to see Traci leave.  He's a solid player. 

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2016, 04:08:32 PM »
I can't fault Traci for going somewhere to play more, but kids really need to figure out they'd be better off to play here the rest of the season, then transfer and save some eligibility.

+1  I don't understand the mid-season transfer from the kids point of view unless he is a persona non grata.  Do like Reinhardt.  Finish the season, he would still have seen playing time.  Then transfer, sit out a year and play a year.  If you're happy play the last year, if you're not transfer elsewhere as a graduate transfer.  Now, unless he sits out a season and a half, he loses a half season of eligibility.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

feedback