Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bold Predictions  (Read 15492 times)

GoldenDieners32

• All American
Bold Predictions
« on: October 03, 2016, 02:54:22 PM »
Bold Prediction..MU will be ranked top 25 heading into the big dance.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Bold Predictions
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 03:12:40 PM »
Not such a bold prediction, but I have a bad feeling Luke misses a bunch of games this year and MU's complete lack of front court depth becomes an ENORMOUS problem. 

Really hope I am wrong here, but having a somewhat injury prone player as your only true front court player that can play high level D1 hoops is potentially devastating. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 03:13:01 PM »

My prediction: You will be nowhere to be found when this prediction proves false.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 05:59:40 PM »
Not such a bold prediction, but I have a bad feeling Luke misses a bunch of games this year and MU's complete lack of front court depth becomes an ENORMOUS problem. 

Really hope I am wrong here, but having a somewhat injury prone player as your only true front court player that can play high level D1 hoops is potentially devastating.

How many games has he missed since becoming eligible to play at Marquette?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Class71

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 06:12:13 PM »

Bold, yes. Likely no.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 06:15:44 PM »

I agree that we have a thin front line, but 2009-10 worked out ok with Zar in the middle and Otule out....

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 06:50:39 PM »
I'll say Marquette will be top 2 in scoring offense for big east. Problem is they're allergic to defense and can't rebound. But they'll be a dangerous team. They have 6 guys that have averaged double digits over their career.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 06:53:04 PM by esotericmindguy »

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 07:00:40 PM »
I'll say Marquette will be top 2 in scoring offense for big east.

That is a bold statement; Marquette was 8th in the Big East in scoring a year ago. Would love to see it. But I'd be satisfied with improving to 5th in scoring if we can do the same in defense.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 07:07:43 PM »
chicos/hoopaloop will try 47 different aliases between Marquette Madness and the end of our postseason run.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2016, 07:16:41 PM »
chicos/hoopaloop will try 47 different aliases between Marquette Madness and the end of our postseason run.
/Mitty?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 07:27:53 PM »
How many games has he missed since becoming eligible to play at Marquette?

With injury or foul trouble?

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2016, 07:36:41 PM »
I agree that we have a thin front line, but 2009-10 worked out ok with Zar in the middle and Otule out....

If you can get senior year Zar and his 19 points and 9 rebounds another year of eligibility then we should be ok.

Then again that team also had Jimmy Butler so.....

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2016, 08:22:47 PM »
Fischer has not missed any games, but Heldt has.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2016, 08:35:16 PM »
Fischer has not missed any games, but Heldt has.

He has been injured multiple times in the offseason and has played through shoulder problems as well.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2016, 10:00:33 PM »
With injury or foul trouble?

Well I'd assume he played in the games he got into foul trouble, as he had to play to get into foul trouble...I think?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2016, 11:10:26 PM »
Well I'd assume he played in the games he got into foul trouble, as he had to play to get into foul trouble...I think?

Not that difficult, look at all those minutes where sat with foul trouble...there is no Henry sitting on the bench to spell him this year.  He had 12 games last year with 4 or 5 fouls, and 12 the year before in a truncated season.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2016, 11:33:37 PM »
Not that difficult, look at all those minutes where sat with foul trouble...there is no Henry sitting on the bench to spell him this year.  He had 12 games last year with 4 or 5 fouls, and 12 the year before in a truncated season.

Hank typically wasn't sitting on the bench waiting for Wojo to call his name when Hank picked up his 2nd in the first half.  He was usually alongside him in the game as it was.  Luke's backup last year is the same guy that will be his backup this year.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2016, 11:38:50 PM »
Hank typically wasn't sitting on the bench waiting for Wojo to call his name when Hank picked up his 2nd in the first half.  He was usually alongside him in the game as it was.  Luke's backup last year is the same guy that will be his backup this year.

Heldt???  He had 13 DNPs. 

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2016, 01:06:03 AM »

The minutes in those games, though:

16 vs Iowa (ridiculous blowout)
35 vs LSU
26 vs Arizona State (OT)
28 vs Providence
26 vs St. John's (named KenPom MVP of the game)
24 vs Xavier
21 vs DePaul (committed game losing foul for #4)
25 vs Providence (2OT)
32 vs DePaul
20 vs Villanova
19 vs Butler (down 20 last 10 minutes of the game)
19 vs St. John's

Kind of an even mix of "didn't really have his minutes hampered by fouls" and "was clearly kept off the court because of fouls."
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2016, 06:31:12 AM »
Heldt???  He had 13 DNPs.

Yup.

And Hank did not back up Fischer nor did Fischer miss any games.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2016, 07:16:59 AM »
The minutes in those games, though:

16 vs Iowa (ridiculous blowout)
35 vs LSU
26 vs Arizona State (OT)
28 vs Providence
26 vs St. John's (named KenPom MVP of the game)
24 vs Xavier
21 vs DePaul (committed game losing foul for #4)
25 vs Providence (2OT)
32 vs DePaul
20 vs Villanova
19 vs Butler (down 20 last 10 minutes of the game)
19 vs St. John's

Kind of an even mix of "didn't really have his minutes hampered by fouls" and "was clearly kept off the court because of fouls."

So you making my point or disagreeing?  That is about 3 full games of impacted minutes cumulatively.  Worse, it is like a guy with a hamstring that impacts him all season and his full impact is not realized.

With Henry not there to help on defense, Big East coaches will double down their efforts even more on Luke to get him out of the game. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2016, 07:24:25 AM »
So you making my point or disagreeing?  That is about 3 full games of impacted minutes cumulatively.  Worse, it is like a guy with a hamstring that impacts him all season and his full impact is not realized.

With Henry not there to help on defense, Big East coaches will double down their efforts even more on Luke to get him out of the game.

The point is that Luke hasn't missed a single game in his MU career. Arguing otherwise is...well, quite simply, wrong.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2016, 07:28:27 AM »
Yup.

And Hank did not back up Fischer nor did Fischer miss any games.

I can remember Hank moving over to center when Fischer went out.  Wasn't Heldt injured for part of last season during Big East play?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2016, 07:36:51 AM »
The point is that Luke hasn't missed a single game in his MU career. Arguing otherwise is...well, quite simply, wrong.

So you don't understand "figuratively"?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2016, 07:50:44 AM »
He has been injured multiple times in the offseason and has played through shoulder problems as well.
I know he has played injured. We have two bigmen. One that has not missed a game, but has often been injured and one that has missed games to injury. It will not surprise me, if there is more than one game where they both foul out.

feedback