'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette Madness  (Read 42463 times)

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
Re: Marquette Madness
« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2016, 12:14:08 PM »
Really like the unis though not as much as the old ones.  But they were getting stale so I'm happy with the change.  I'm eager to see the gold version: think those will be killer!  Two minor complaints about the flag; 1) Breaks the color uniformity and 2) the flag and BE logo look crowded.  Jordan logo, Al, and the BE are key parts of the Marquette brand.  The flag seems unnecessary but then again I hate America.

The pray video didn't do it for me.  No goosebumps; then I rewatched the original and still got goosebumps.  Slow pacing, "who are the old guys that keep popping up?", needed more players, ending too drawn out, no Wade!...or Butler or Crowder...Novak?

My ending change:

1) Cut the first logo break.  Pray, pray, logo, pray, logo ending didn't flow.  Tighten it up.
2) Ideally the 3rd "Pray" would be Wade.  Big reveal, short and sweet ending.
3)  If not Wade, another option for the 3rd "Pray" would be the entire team in unison.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #151 on: October 08, 2016, 12:21:45 PM »
Too bad the "dream" hype video was associated with the most Marquette scandal plagued team of all time...

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #152 on: October 08, 2016, 12:28:06 PM »
Too bad the "dream" hype video was associated with the most Marquette scandal plagued team of all time...

Smh
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2016, 12:29:09 PM »
Really like the unis though not as much as the old ones.  But they were getting stale so I'm happy with the change.  I'm eager to see the gold version: think those will be killer!  Two minor complaints about the flag; 1) Breaks the color uniformity and 2) the flag and BE logo look crowded.  Jordan logo, Al, and the BE are key parts of the Marquette brand.  The flag seems unnecessary but then again I hate America.

The pray video didn't do it for me.  No goosebumps; then I rewatched the original and still got goosebumps.  Slow pacing, "who are the old guys that keep popping up?", needed more players, ending too drawn out, no Wade!...or Butler or Crowder...Novak?

My ending change:

1) Cut the first logo break.  Pray, pray, logo, pray, logo ending didn't flow.  Tighten it up.
3)  If not Wade, another option for the 3rd "Pray" would be the entire team in unison.

Sounds like there are 4 new versions of Pray out there or at least planned.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2016, 12:39:04 PM »
Sounds like there are 4 new versions of Pray out there or at least planned.

One of them is if we're good telling the other team to pray one of them is asking the audience to pray for a better team if we're bad.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2016, 12:52:41 PM »
Who were the recruits that showed up at Madness?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2016, 01:15:59 PM »
Not a basketball jersey. Simple reality is 99% of the people that wear them casually don't have the physique to get away with wearing them casually. The other 1% is Mark Wahlberg, LL Cool Jay, and 2Pac, and 2Pac's dead. That's what t-shirts and sweatshirts were invented for.

So if you're an adult male who happens to have a physique in that 1%, it's OK?

Marqus Howard

• Team Captain
« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2016, 01:16:32 PM »
Who were the recruits that showed up at Madness?

There's a full list earlier in the thread.

My thought on the uniforms: I like them but agree that they're a little busy up top. Wish they would have put the flag on the back of the uniform, centered and right below the neck.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2016, 01:23:44 PM »

My guess is that the lack of chills for this one is more about it being a "repeat" of a previous theme.
I got the chills!

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2016, 01:29:29 PM »
Thoughts on pray video with no audio.

Seems like 90% of clips are ripped from the old remember the titans video. Maybe they should have diversified a bit.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #160 on: October 08, 2016, 01:49:39 PM »
So if you're an adult male who happens to have a physique in that 1%, it's OK?

No, the 1% literally only includes Mark Wahlberg, LL Cool J, and Tupac. So unless you are Marky Mark, Ladies Lover Cool James, or dead, no jersey for you.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #161 on: October 08, 2016, 02:31:19 PM »
Thoughts on pray video with no audio.

Seems like 90% of clips are ripped from the old remember the titans video. Maybe they should have diversified a bit.

Some of the clips were on that video for a reason - Bo celebrating the championship, Wade's breakaway dunk against UK, Novak's dagger against ND.  Iconic moments in MU's history.  For the earlier clips (70s and prior), also remember that good video footage isn't always easy to find.

That said, three are two that I'd love to see added:  Davante's coast to coast and Dominic's last second block - both vs UW-Madison.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 02:33:03 PM by GooooMarquette »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #162 on: October 08, 2016, 02:33:55 PM »
No, the 1% literally only includes Mark Wahlberg, LL Cool J, and Tupac. So unless you are Marky Mark, Ladies Lover Cool James, or dead, no jersey for you.

So I'm good then - thanks.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #163 on: October 08, 2016, 04:25:03 PM »

You apparently weren't a math major.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #164 on: October 08, 2016, 07:03:11 PM »
Some of the clips were on that video for a reason - Bo celebrating the championship, Wade's breakaway dunk against UK, Novak's dagger against ND.  Iconic moments in MU's history.  For the earlier clips (70s and prior), also remember that good video footage isn't always easy to find.

That said, three are two that I'd love to see added:  Davante's coast to coast and Dominic's last second block - both vs UW-Madison.

See how the description says "Version 1.0"?  My guess is that they have decided to spread out the highlights among several of these videos - maybe the famous players as well.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5ty7c355zi8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5ty7c355zi8</a>
Have some patience, FFS.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #165 on: October 08, 2016, 07:35:46 PM »
I dont see any games as not televised

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #166 on: October 08, 2016, 07:38:18 PM »
See how the description says "Version 1.0"? My guess is that they have decided to spread out the highlights among several of these videos - maybe the famous players as well.

Nice catch, chick. I only watched it through Twitter, completely missed the YouTube tag.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #167 on: October 08, 2016, 08:12:20 PM »

My ending change:

The flag was added to honor the fallen on 9/11.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2016, 08:28:02 PM »
I like the new unis, especially the flag.

That's a big 10-4 right there 69!!

When does the sweater-vest version come out
don't...don't don't don't don't

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2016, 10:36:42 AM »
From what I have heard, Drake and Haanif's sister are...close.
Paging MFINY
No Finish Line

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #170 on: October 09, 2016, 10:46:34 AM »
The flag was added to honor the fallen on 9/11.

I get this. But I don't think it belongs on a basketball uniform.

The Jordan brand is responsible for making the jersey. The Big East is the conference we belong to. These elements could be smaller in my opinion. But both are mandatories.

"AL" honors our greatest coach, who still represents Marquette basketball today for many. I think naming the court after him is enough ā€” although if anyone's name belongs on a jersey, it's Al.

9/11, on the other hand, has nothing to do with MU or the program. We don't use player uniforms to honor those who died in the Civil War or WWII. Uniforms don't reference POW/MIA or any other cause. Instead, we honor America with the playing of the national anthem at the beginning of every game. That's a long-standing tradition. Every player lines up, every fan stands out of respect.

It's not that 9/11 isn't important. It's just not important on a jersey.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #171 on: October 09, 2016, 10:57:54 AM »
9/11, on the other hand, has nothing to do with MU or the program. We don't use player uniforms to honor those who died in the Civil War or WWII. Uniforms don't reference POW/MIA or any other cause. Instead, we honor America with the playing of the national anthem at the beginning of every game. That's a long-standing tradition. Every player lines up, every fan stands out of respect.

It's not that 9/11 isn't important. It's just not important on a jersey.

It's part of our history of honoring things that have nothing to do with MU basketball - you know like retiring number 11.

I agree it is a nice thing to have on a uni but crowds the current design.  They could put it on the shorts.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #172 on: October 09, 2016, 11:09:12 AM »
When does the sweater-vest version come out

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2016, 11:30:11 AM »
It's part of our history of honoring things that have nothing to do with MU basketball - you know like retiring number 11.

I agree it is a nice thing to have on a uni but crowds the current design.  They could put it on the shorts.

Retiring 11 is still the stupidest reason to retire a number I think I've ever heard of.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #174 on: October 09, 2016, 11:52:56 AM »

Simply having a reason to put something on a uniform doesn't make it a good reason.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

feedback