'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 03:31:34 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 03:21:55 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Xavier Tillman and the Crystal Ball  (Read 82146 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: Xavier Tillman and the Crystal Ball
« Reply #275 on: September 30, 2016, 12:09:47 PM »
Do we know when French is expected to decide?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #276 on: September 30, 2016, 12:10:20 PM »
Rigged!!!

Next time we're gonna use a new technique before falling in love with a recruit:

EXTREME!

VETTING!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Boone

• All American
« Reply #277 on: September 30, 2016, 12:10:49 PM »
Don't get your hopes up about French to MU

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #278 on: September 30, 2016, 12:12:03 PM »

Why

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #279 on: September 30, 2016, 12:12:33 PM »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #280 on: September 30, 2016, 12:13:06 PM »
I don't like this whole hat ceremony thing. Yes the kid is clearly a phenomenal athlete but unless you're a McDonald's all American do you really deserve a whole ceremony?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #281 on: September 30, 2016, 12:16:02 PM »
Do we know when French is expected to decide?

Right back up on the horse, I like it.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #282 on: September 30, 2016, 12:16:21 PM »
I don't like this whole hat ceremony thing. Yes the kid is clearly a phenomenal athlete but unless you're a McDonald's all American do you really deserve a whole ceremony?

Agreed. Henry's was awesome. Simple tweet. Sent us all scrambling to find the it's happening gif, alright alright alright pic, etc. Fun day.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #283 on: September 30, 2016, 12:16:37 PM »
Rigged!!!

Next time we're gonna use a new technique before falling in love with a recruit:

EXTREME!

VETTING!!

Oh no, remember that SLU has already

Built That Wall!

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #284 on: September 30, 2016, 12:17:03 PM »
Wojo can't recruit

It's not Wojo fault the kid didn't have an older brother who played basketball.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #285 on: September 30, 2016, 12:18:46 PM »
We don't know if French is that interested, XT would have made a huge impact on our roster.
After his official to MSU it was over! 

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #286 on: September 30, 2016, 12:20:29 PM »
Scoop is way too calm right now for having just missed out on a recruit. Be irrational people!

GOO

• All American
« Reply #287 on: September 30, 2016, 12:25:34 PM »
Scoop is way too calm right now for having just missed out on a recruit. Be irrational people!
I think most had given up hope before the announcement, especially given the rumored girl friend situation.  I also think that Xavier would have been a good get for us given our roster for next year, but since we have Theo John in the fold, it was not a desperate must get.  Xavier would have been nice and could have rebounded and scored near the hoop, etc.  Would have been real nice.  But on offense he definitely was not a stretch 4.

French may have more upside on Offense (very uneducated opinion, just from a couple of videos).  But for some reason, I'm not sure that we get French at this point, given the delay since his visit and seemingly waiting to see what happened with Xavier (depending on who wanted the delay, French or MU).

nyg

• All American
« Reply #288 on: September 30, 2016, 12:27:21 PM »
Wish all the best to Xavier. From what read, his family is really behind him and MSU/Izzo is a great place for his talents.

If MU does have a chance with French, they are looking at a Montrez Harrel type player with a seven foot wingspan. A big bad boy to rule the boards. 

I am sure Tillman would have been a fine addition to the MU program, but a high rising player such as French will undo the missing out of Tillman.  Let's hope and see what happens in next few days.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #289 on: September 30, 2016, 12:31:03 PM »
I think most had given up hope before the announcement, especially given the rumored girl friend situation.  I also think that Xavier would have been a good get for us given our roster for next year, but since we have Theo John in the fold, it was not a desperate must get.  Xavier would have been nice and could have rebounded and scored near the hoop, etc.  Would have been real nice.  But on offense he definitely was not a stretch 4.

French may have more upside on Offense (very uneducated opinion, just from a couple of videos).  But for some reason, I'm not sure that we get French at this point, given the delay since his visit and seemingly waiting to see what happened with Xavier (depending on who wanted the delay, French or MU).

French is a big boy.  He'll make the best decision for him based on the available information at the time he makes a decision.  As of today the likelihood that he commits to MU goes up by definition.  I wouldn't worry that his visit was a whole 3 weeks ago.  If he wants to play for SLU or UMass that'll be his choice.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #290 on: September 30, 2016, 12:39:51 PM »
If you wanna know what's up w French, just have a Cristal bowel movement, aiiinnnaa..

Sad
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #291 on: September 30, 2016, 12:52:46 PM »
Fire Wojo

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #292 on: September 30, 2016, 12:58:29 PM »
I hear MUNY cooled on him.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #293 on: September 30, 2016, 01:03:58 PM »
Nvm

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #294 on: September 30, 2016, 01:05:05 PM »

Disagree. If the kid wants to have his big day, why not? No harm in it. If you just want the simple tweeted version, wait until 10 minutes after the announcement time and check Twitter. No one is making you watch.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #295 on: September 30, 2016, 01:19:46 PM »
Disagree. If the kid wants to have his big day, why not? No harm in it. If you just want the simple tweeted version, wait until 10 minutes after the announcement time and check Twitter. No one is making you watch.
Hey he sucked in a bunch of old guys, who cannot wait for Christmas morning. Kudos to Xavier.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #296 on: September 30, 2016, 01:21:33 PM »

Ok so at what point do you think they shouldn't be given a ceremony? Should a three star? Non top 100 4star? If they all can have it isn't it essentially a participation trophy, which I believe you've advocated against in the past (my bad if you haven't)
Maigh Eo for Sam

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #297 on: September 30, 2016, 01:24:28 PM »
Ok so at what point do you think they shouldn't be given a ceremony? Should a three star? Non top 100 4star? If they all can have it isn't it essentially a participation trophy, which I believe you've advocated against in the past (my bad if you haven't)

You shouldn't have a ceremony if no one will show up. Or you're committing to UWM. Not mutually exclusive.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #298 on: September 30, 2016, 01:24:54 PM »

How would it be essentially a participation trophy?  If you worked hard enough to be awarded a full scholarship for a college education, even if it's for one of the worst teams in whatever sport it is, you're still one of the best players at your age in your sport in the entire country.  Celebrate your huge success however you want to, you earned it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #299 on: September 30, 2016, 01:26:35 PM »

I think you may have earned yourself a sweater-vest today.