Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam Hauser Has Considerable Upside Potential  (Read 29310 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Sam Hauser Has Considerable Upside Potential
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2016, 06:56:11 AM »
All good points but we did not win with HE so lets move on and see what the next generation brings.

We won with Henry. 

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2016, 07:41:24 AM »
Sam is going to make people forget Henry.
I could see this happening. James allowed me to forget Diener. In the end Diener was the better player and he is also one of my favorite all-time players, but James was very exciting and was so good right out of the gate that I never got to the point I missed Diener. When this team opens up with a win at Vanderbilt vs. a loss to Belmont most fans will of forgotten (not stopped appreciateding) Henry especially if Sam hits some key shots.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2016, 09:00:27 AM »
I could see this happening. James allowed me to forget Diener. In the end Diener was the better player and he is also one of my favorite all-time players, but James was very exciting and was so good right out of the gate that I never got to the point I missed Diener. When this team opens up with a win at Vanderbilt vs. a loss to Belmont most fans will of forgotten (not stopped appreciateding) Henry especially if Sam hits some key shots.

From this perspective, I hope to be forgetting Henry very soon. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2016, 01:26:00 PM »

We won with Henry.

We won against IUPI, Jackson St., Grambling, Maine, San Jose St., Chicago St., Presbyterian and Stetson.

Against real teams we were 12-13. If that's considered "winning" now at Marquette....

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2016, 03:02:46 PM »
We won against IUPI, Jackson St., Grambling, Maine, San Jose St., Chicago St., Presbyterian and Stetson.

Against real teams we were 12-13. If that's considered "winning" now at Marquette....

Lenny,  good point, cupcakes abound last year with freshman.  This year looks a little different.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2016, 03:21:02 PM »

Outside of Jackson State, MU has played all of those opponents more than three times. Stetson, Grambling and Chicago State go back to the 70/80s.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2016, 02:05:13 PM »
Tweet from media day

Steve Wojciechowski is expecting FR Sam Hauser to have a big role this year: "He’s a guy that’s different than other guys in our program."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2016, 02:06:47 PM »
Tweet from media day

Steve Wojciechowski is expecting FR Sam Hauser to have a big role this year: "He’s a guy that’s different than other guys in our program."

"He's got a REALLY good brother."

(Just kidding.)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2016, 02:13:15 PM »

Hey Jackson State was a top-200 RPI team!

8-)
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2016, 02:37:19 PM »

Basically all that Henry Ellenson was memorable for last season for was a win vs. Wisconsin.  While always enjoyable, we won't be remembering it after our next win against the rodents.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2016, 02:41:51 PM »
Basically all that Henry Ellenson was memorable for last season for was a win vs. Wisconsin.  While always enjoyable, we won't be remembering it after our next win against the rodents.

He was pretty memorable in the Butler win. Also Big East Freshman of the year.

Possibly the best  true freshman season in MU history......I would say it was all pretty memorable.

smh

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2016, 02:44:30 PM »

Nah.  I was at the BC when he had 32/10 with six blocks v. Butler.  Real fun game with a dominating performance.  I'll remember that for awhile.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2016, 03:38:00 PM »

Nah.  I was at the BC when he had 32/10 with six blocks v. Butler.  Real fun game with a dominating performance.  I'll remember that for awhile.

Games within a season that have some degree of remembrance and importance (not in any order)

Any NCAA tournament game (even the Michigan State debacle was memorable)
We win a conference tournament (CUSA!)
The annual Wisconsin game until the next year (We have Badger Hate Week for a reason)
Conference games with amazing endings either good or bad (the Jerry F#$#@$# Smith rule)
Games never played (aircraft carrier)
Winning an early season tournament with a benchwarmer going off (Ryan Amaroso Rule)
Truly elite performance against a top ten team (Steve Novak vs. UCONN)
Clinching the conference regular season (Beating St. Johns in OT in 2013)

But some win against 10-8 Butler when MU went 8-10?  I hope we have more memorable games than that one very soon.

As far as individual honors in a team game.....they are nice, but I remember Jae Crowder's BE POY because MU had a great conference season and good tourney run.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 03:42:56 PM by Badgerhater »

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2016, 06:15:08 PM »
Games within a season that have some degree of remembrance and importance (not in any order)

Any NCAA tournament game (even the Michigan State debacle was memorable)
We win a conference tournament (CUSA!)
The annual Wisconsin game until the next year (We have Badger Hate Week for a reason)
Conference games with amazing endings either good or bad (the Jerry F#$#@$# Smith rule)
Games never played (aircraft carrier)
Winning an early season tournament with a benchwarmer going off (Ryan Amaroso Rule)
Truly elite performance against a top ten team (Steve Novak vs. UCONN)
Clinching the conference regular season (Beating St. Johns in OT in 2013)

But some win against 10-8 Butler when MU went 8-10?  I hope we have more memorable games than that one very soon.

As far as individual honors in a team game.....they are nice, but I remember Jae Crowder's BE POY because MU had a great conference season and good tourney run.
Haters gone hate. Don't think we even win 17 games without Henry. They were young, inexperienced, and inconsistent. They beat good teams and lost at least 2-3 games to lousy teams due to frosh mistakes. We even had a chance against Nova at the BC but in the end lots of frosh mistakes. So, you think Henry with this year's team would no make a difference?
Goal is National Championship

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2016, 06:20:09 PM »
We even had a chance against Nova at the BC but in the end lots of frosh mistakes.

I agree with your over arching point but this statement is an optimistic recollection.  Henry had a terrible game and they toyed with us for the most part.  We didn't get blown out though!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2016, 06:47:50 PM »
I agree with your over arching point but this statement is an optimistic recollection.  Henry had a terrible game and they toyed with us for the most part.  We didn't get blown out though!
As I recall we were right there in the last 5 minutes made some stupid turnovers, missed layups,and open jumpers within 15' of the basket. Was at the game, felt they played really well but at the end they blew it, you could see that inexperience really hurt them. But if they had played all like they did that game we win at least 2 to 3 more games.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2016, 06:51:30 PM »

"He's got a REALLY good brother."

(Just kidding.)
Are doing what we did with Henry except with Joey Hauser? Getting his brother here was huuuge

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2016, 06:52:03 PM »
But if they had played all like they did that game we win at least 2 to 3 more games.

I agree with this. 

The BC crowd really wanted to will them to a W but I seem to remember we made it close a few times - then Jay would call a TO and yell at everyone and then V would go on a run.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2016, 06:54:13 PM »
Are doing what we did with Henry except with Joey Hauser? Getting his brother here was huuuge

Sam>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wally

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2016, 07:32:11 PM »

Sam>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wally

You don't have enough >s in there (no, seriously).

Sam was brought in because he's really, really good at basketball. Walter was brought in because his brother is really good at basketball and he was on par with the Rec Center kids we were going to need to add to fill out a roster.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2016, 09:18:42 PM »
As I recall we were right there in the last 5 minutes made some stupid turnovers, missed layups,and open jumpers within 15' of the basket. Was at the game, felt they played really well but at the end they blew it, you could see that inexperience really hurt them. But if they had played all like they did that game we win at least 2 to 3 more games.

I agree with this analysis.  Were you at that game?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2016, 09:31:11 PM »
I agree with this analysis.  Were you at that game?
Almost positive I was there

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2016, 09:33:58 PM »
Almost positive I was there

I'll bring the mamajuana this year.  :o

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2016, 09:50:46 PM »
I'll bring the mamajuana this year.  :o
Already making plans with my sons and just about have my wife agreeing to go

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2016, 10:12:25 PM »

Well said, Mr Bernstein.

I remain optimistic but we need to see real progress. Now.

Death on call