[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[April 30, 2024, 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 30, 2024, 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Seat Selection Process -  (Read 58020 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Seat Selection Process -
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2016, 06:54:42 AM »
mandatory purchase for my online CE classes.  let's just call it a virtual classroom EiNeR ;) ;) nodnod

If dat flies wit da IRS, more power to ya, bro, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2016, 09:15:09 AM »
that, my friend, is what is commonly referred to as "THE GOLDEN RULE"  if my memory serves me correctly, they started this back when the team was more consistently competitive.  they are hedging on those circumstances returning...QUICKLY or this reseating plan will blow up in their faces.  they are acknowledging some long time season tix holders while they are quietly sending them out the door.  had you noticed that some of the tenured tix holders were showing not 40-45-50 + years anymore?  yes there still are a few, but watch as the most tenured tix holder 15-20-25 becomes the norm...hmmmmmmm

Uh oh.  I'll be at 22 years this season.  Might need to get a sweater vest.... ;)

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2016, 01:34:21 PM »
I have a sweater vest.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2016, 01:37:32 PM »
I have a sweater vest.

And no Scooper is surprised.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2016, 01:41:19 PM »

If dat flies wit da IRS, more power to ya, bro, ai na?

dat is why it's in teal-just in case we have any undercover bean counters.  easy fix though-just move the bad boy to the office...quickly  ;D problem solved ;)
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2016, 01:47:13 PM »
Uh oh.  I'll be at 22 years this season.  Might need to get a sweater vest.... ;)

do ya think they'd let someone celebrating x years go out there with a blazin warrior shirt on?  go out there with a sport coat or leisure suit-whatever ya have handy and then peal it off when ya get on the floor-holy schnikees that would be juvenile EIN'er?  better yet, a warrior sweater vest-betcha that would set ya back a few rows enna so?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2016, 02:00:10 PM »
do ya think they'd let someone celebrating x years go out there with a blazin warrior shirt on?  go out there with a sport coat or leisure suit-whatever ya have handy and then peal it off when ya get on the floor-holy schnikees that would be juvenile EIN'er?  better yet, a warrior sweater vest-betcha that would set ya back a few rows enna so?

Lol.  Still got some old Warriors stuff.  I just might apply to be season ticket holder of the game, after all!

A Willie Wampum shirt might send me back to the MECCA....

cet3717

• Walk-On
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2016, 02:34:48 PM »
     In regard to long standing ticket holders , our family has had season tickets since 1966 , my Dad is a MU Grad. and Dental Grad. and contributes annually. Our family has followed very closely more so in the past as Dad is now 82  up until 15 years ago we followed everywhere and there in Atlanta . But this re-seating is getting to be a joke . I can assure you there is no preference for our family my biggest complaint is with all the technology they claim there is no way to show individual available tickets prior to your seating or even at seating they will only tell you the amount of available tickets in any one row . We are in the 86% of ticket holders again nothing special here to a family that has dedicated much to MU......

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2016, 02:46:59 PM »
But wait, I heard on Scoop that there wouldn't be any season ticket buyers?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2016, 02:55:25 PM »
     In regard to long standing ticket holders , our family has had season tickets since 1966 , my Dad is a MU Grad. and Dental Grad. and contributes annually. Our family has followed very closely more so in the past as Dad is now 82  up until 15 years ago we followed everywhere and there in Atlanta . But this re-seating is getting to be a joke . I can assure you there is no preference for our family my biggest complaint is with all the technology they claim there is no way to show individual available tickets prior to your seating or even at seating they will only tell you the amount of available tickets in any one row . We are in the 86% of ticket holders again nothing special here to a family that has dedicated much to MU......

To be clear, the tax law as written PROHIBITS MU from committing to a particular seat and still provide tax benefits on the contribution part.  It is why you can choose specific seats only in the season ticket sections where no contribution is connected.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 03:15:51 PM by jsglow »

cet3717

• Walk-On
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2016, 03:02:15 PM »
      Well I can tell you that among the long standing season ticket holders we know that number is decreasing and for the first time our family actually "asked" do we really want tickets . I know compared to other programs we are still "reasonable" . I guess most of this indecision comes from the increased costs but lately the team is average so you do have to admire Wisconsin even with the coaching change and what was said to be a down year , Gary Gard was able to get his guys to play hard and buy into the system , I feel the Henry experiment may have hurt us but maybe LSU feels the same with Simmons.

MU62

• Starter
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2016, 03:06:02 PM »
To be clear, the tax law as written PROHIBITS MU from committing to a particular seat and still provide tax benefits or the contribution part.  It is why you can choose specific seats only in the season ticket sections where no contribution is connected.

That requirement should also apply to the Wisconsin Badgers.  Why doesn't it?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2016, 03:15:02 PM »
I'm not a tax attorney 62.  All these issues were laid out when MU was compelled to go to annual reseating 2-3 years back.  I was just refreshing cet3717's memory.

Look, for all you folks who have had season tickets since before many here were born we applaud and thank you.  MU came up with a reasonably fair way to acknowledge your loyalty via the point system.  No one here enjoys redoing this every year but it is the system that is (and will be) in place.  Some, like rocket, have chosen their TV sets instead.  Season ticket sales are down and will continue to decline for reasons both related to this issue but even more importantly because of our finishing near the cellar multiple years in a row.  And Wojo will either reverse that trend or get fired.  That's the bottom line.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 03:18:47 PM by jsglow »

cet3717

• Walk-On
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2016, 03:17:32 PM »
   JS can you educate me to the rule ......does it apply because Marquette is a privately funded University ? not a State University ? Or not being a "professional level " I find that to be an extremely weird tax law sorry I am only an Engineer not in the financial world ......Thanks ....

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2016, 03:19:58 PM »
   JS can you educate me to the rule ......does it apply because Marquette is a privately funded University ? not a State University ? Or not being a "professional level " I find that to be an extremely weird tax law sorry I am only an Engineer not in the financial world ......Thanks ....

Sorry, I can't.  I simply remember it being clearly articulated by the university when we went to annual reseating.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2016, 03:21:22 PM »
I was part of the department when the points fund was put into practice.  Had to help supervise the very first seat selection process.  It wasn't pretty, lots of angry fans, but also plenty that knew this had to be done.  I can't remember the year, but 1997, 98...somewhere in there.

At the time, we said we absolutely would not do seating yearly.  Too disruptive, too much downside.  Would remind fans \ customers every year of what they are paying for.  The risk is a couple of bad years on the court and you really run into some trouble.  I agree with those here that if there was a solution to do this every few years, that would be much more ideal.

cet3717

• Walk-On
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2016, 03:22:37 PM »
 Thank you  JS  I am sorry I guess we did not pay that much attention to the re-seating process ......appreciate your knowledge.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2016, 03:29:21 PM »
I was part of the department when the points fund was put into practice.  Had to help supervise the very first seat selection process.  It wasn't pretty, lots of angry fans, but also plenty that knew this had to be done.  I can't remember the year, but 1997, 98...somewhere in there.

At the time, we said we absolutely would not do seating yearly.  Too disruptive, too much downside.  Would remind fans \ customers every year of what they are paying for.  The risk is a couple of bad years on the court and you really run into some trouble.  I agree with those here that if there was a solution to do this every few years, that would be much more ideal.

Of course.  The university hates it too.

And back on chicos most important point.  We're friends with some serious (I mean serious) contributors to MU Athletics.  Guys that write 6 and 7 figure checks have the absolute right to sit in dynamite seats.  We missed out on being guests of one of those high rollers last year when we were out in Vegas.  Just bad luck.  Would love to sit in those seats some day.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 03:38:24 PM by jsglow »

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2016, 03:30:34 PM »
Thank you  JS  I am sorry I guess we did not pay that much attention to the re-seating process ......appreciate your knowledge.

Your welcome, my friend.  Hope you get great seats of your choosing.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2016, 03:36:25 PM »
Of course.  The university hates it too.

Not all universities are doing this yearly with similar programs...right?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2016, 03:36:39 PM »

hey! not to change the subject, but my dad just turned 82 and is a 1959 dental school grad.  everyone knows him by his first and middle initials A.J.  i know one of his classmates was known as "jake"

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2016, 03:40:20 PM »
Not all universities are doing this yearly with similar programs...right?

I think this is a crazy WI thing truthfully.  I believe I recall some 'clarifying' letter coming to MU that really effed things up.

cet3717

• Walk-On
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2016, 03:47:29 PM »
  Rocket my Dad graduated in 59" sorry his initials are H.Z. 

cet3717

• Walk-On
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2016, 03:53:41 PM »
     Thanks JS ...... yes I went today @ 9:58am and we got the same seats as every year  sec. 202 row M great seats but I would love to get close to the aisle it would be easier on Dad he needs a cane , I know the same row we sit in , seats 1-4 are owned by a bar and most games the tickets go unused but I am sure the establishment donates well ....

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2016, 04:20:47 PM »
     Thanks JS ...... yes I went today @ 9:58am and we got the same seats as every year  sec. 202 row M great seats but I would love to get close to the aisle it would be easier on Dad he needs a cane , I know the same row we sit in , seats 1-4 are owned by a bar and most games the tickets go unused but I am sure the establishment donates well ....
How do you know you got the same seats.  MU does not verify actual seats  until after reseating is complete (via a separate e-mail) in past years.