collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Art Briles FIRED  (Read 3918 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

GGGG

• All American
Re: Art Briles FIRED
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 12:53:38 PM »
Some of the quotes in that report are so damning, I would hope that his college career is over.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 01:08:08 PM »
Some of the quotes in that report are so damning, I would hope that his college career is over.

Never underestimate the levelof squirminess that some collegiate sports programs are willing to tolerate.
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 01:37:47 PM »
Never underestimate the levelof squirminess that some collegiate sports programs are willing to tolerate.

It's all fair game until it leaks out to the public.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 01:46:50 PM »

If only he could have led Baylor to a National Title, this would have all gone away!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 02:06:09 PM »
He has proven he can recruit big men.

Give him a call, Wojo!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 05:32:28 PM »
Not so fast, fellas:

http://deadspin.com/baylor-is-full-of-crap-1778933505

ETA:
Dang it!  Stupid censorship! If you want to read the article, you have to substitute the s-word for "crap" in the link.

Briles isn't fired after all.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 05:42:32 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 06:45:25 PM »
Not so fast, fellas:

http://deadspin.com/baylor-is-full-of-crap-1778933505

ETA:
Dang it!  Stupid censorship! If you want to read the article, you have to substitute the s-word for "crap" in the link.

Briles isn't fired after all.

He's not fired *yet.*  The wording is "suspended with the intent to terminate."  My understanding is that this is the process that is called for via his contract.

He's gone.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 09:00:57 PM »
Hmm..... Christian based school lets ax fall all over for its institutional failures in the handling of sexual assault claims, including by a player.

Briles missed his chance to jump to VaTech before the handling of sexual assault claims came home to roost. lol

Former Clinton/Whitewater/Lewinsky sex special counsel investigator Ken Starr was also fired from presidency of Baylor...will stay on as chancellor. Ironic

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 01:17:55 PM »
Update; The AD has resigned, and today Ken Starr (who was demoted/reassigned from presidency to chancellor) resigned from all positions.

I havent read the investigative report, and I dont know how bad this was. I admit though that the way Baptist based Baylor has fired folks and the way the many resignations have followed the school and people have done a nice job of manning up on the responsibility.

Congrats to the Baylor family for this taking of responsibility
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 06:52:44 PM »
Update; The AD has resigned, and today Ken Starr (who was demoted/reassigned from presidency to chancellor) resigned from all positions.

I havent read the investigative report, and I dont know how bad this was. I admit though that the way Baptist based Baylor has fired folks and the way the many resignations have followed the school and people have done a nice job of manning up on the responsibility.

They should've taken responsibility much earlier.  They took in a player who was kicked out of his previous school for sexual assault, failed to investigate (or just refused to investigate) a number of claims of sexual assaults carried out by players within the program, refused to hire a Title 9 coordinator for 3 years after being told to do so, etc.

This was not handled well...at all.  Just because you go on a firing rampage once everything you tried to hide becomes public doesn't mean you did a good job.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 06:59:04 PM »

No way you can congratulate them.  They hid everything until it became public.  This on the heels of the Dave Bliss incident and a notoriously squirmy current basketball coach.

This is nothing but shameful for the entire University.  They honestly deserve the death penalty more than any University not named UNC.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 07:09:49 PM »
No way you can congratulate them.  They hid everything until it became public.  This on the heels of the Dave Bliss incident and a notoriously squirmy current basketball coach.

This is nothing but shameful for the entire University.  They honestly deserve the death penalty more than any University not named UNC.
Agree.  At first i thought hou was teal in the "congrats"......once it became public they did all the right things but clearly they don't have the institutional controls or morals to claim any sort of high ground.

Tangentially, I see decommits are coming in on the football side......any hope their basketball program implodes too?

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 10:01:29 PM »
I am very sorry on the congrats...as I noted I had not read the report or followed the story until the Briles firing (we had him at UH before that)...clearly I should have...I'll take back the congrats if such can be done.. thanks for your better quality input.

I'll try harder not to post without adequate reading /researching. Sorry guys
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 10:10:59 PM by houwarrior »

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 10:27:09 PM »
I am very sorry on the congrats...as I noted I had not read the report or followed the story until the Briles firing (we had him at UH before that)...clearly I should have...I'll take back the congrats if such can be done.. thanks for your better quality input.

I'll try harder not to post without adequate reading /researching. Sorry guys
IMHO your track record of being level headed speaks for itself - zero worries.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 10:43:07 PM »

+1.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 08:36:18 AM »

Last I heard, Starr was staying on as a professor.

Of what? Hypocrisy?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2016, 08:43:57 AM »
Last I heard, Starr was staying on as a professor.

Of what? Hypocrisy?

Baylor saw what happened with the McAdams incident and didn't want the black eye that Marquette has.
Have some patience, FFS.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 10:16:02 AM »

+2

MU82

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2016, 11:43:24 AM »
Baylor saw what happened with the McAdams incident and didn't want the black eye that Marquette has.

So Starr hasn't stayed on to teach despite what ESPN and dozens of other news outlets have reported?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/15875833/kenneth-starr-resign-chancellor-baylor-continue-teach

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 12:21:30 PM »
C'mon Chick.  You're better than that.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 01:32:26 PM »
C'mon Chick.  You're better than that.

Meaning......
Have some patience, FFS.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2016, 02:27:07 PM »
Meaning......
Equating a systemic cover up of sexual assault by Baylor with the McAdams BS.    Whatever McAdams did, it was nowhere close to what was going on at Baylor.

I apologize If I misunderstood your meaning.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2016, 02:46:19 PM »
Equating a systemic cover up of sexual assault by Baylor with the McAdams BS.    Whatever McAdams did, it was nowhere close to what was going on at Baylor.

I apologize If I misunderstood your meaning.

I was trying to use sarcasm make the point that certain members of this board are going ape crap about how terrible the McAdams issue is making Marquette look, when in the meantime, we have Baylor, UNC, et al really crapping the bed in terms of public perception.
Have some patience, FFS.

feedback