collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: diamond's going pro  (Read 1772 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
diamond's going pro
« on: April 12, 2016, 10:40:24 AM »
  scouts say 1st round.  my thoughts-he's got to drop a few and get quicker.  the big man in the NBA today is not the wes unseld/willis reed of yesteryear.  he's not your daddy's center anymore

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2016/story/_/id/15186339/diamond-stone-melo-trimble-maryland-terrapins-entering-nba-draft

on another note, i think HE had the better year
don't...don't don't don't don't

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: diamond's going pro
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 10:54:32 AM »
It'll be interesting to see how Stone's game and career progress at the next level. He's a big body with a solid postgame but back-to-the-basket big men have gone out of style in the NBA. Stone's a brute but he's not overly athletic, not a rim protector, not a great rebounder and he doesn't have much of an outside shot at this point. He has a nice FT stroke so there seems to be potential for him to expand his range.

His size will likely keep him in the NBA for a fair amount of time, but his impact will depend on his range and his motor.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 11:02:47 AM »
So is Deyonta Davis from Sparty.   He and Diamond will about cancel each other out.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 11:51:33 AM »
So he's, uh, out of Maryland's hair now.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 11:53:49 AM »
Maybe gotta pay for dat love child, ai na?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 02:10:09 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 12:07:18 PM »
A Scoop Topic instantly made: Who gets picked first HE or Stone?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 12:19:29 PM »
A Scoop Topic instantly made: Who gets picked first HE or Stone?

Hank.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 12:32:59 PM »
So he's, uh, out of Maryland's hair now.

Niiiiiice.

brandx

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 01:39:37 PM »
It'll be interesting to see how Stone's game and career progress at the next level. He's a big body with a solid postgame but back-to-the-basket big men have gone out of style in the NBA.

I don't know that I agree with that. I think they are only "out of style" because there aren't any good ones around. If the NBA had Robinson, Kareem, Olajuwon type players still around, everyone would be looking for a back to the basket type to compete with them.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2016, 01:48:45 PM »
I don't know that I agree with that. I think they are only "out of style" because there aren't any good ones around. If the NBA had Robinson, Kareem, Olajuwon type players still around, everyone would be looking for a back to the basket type to compete with them.

Lamarcus Aldridge, Demarcus Cousins are examples of back to basket centers.  I think Stone will be fine if given time.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2016, 03:10:21 PM »
Lamarcus Aldridge, Demarcus Cousins are examples of back to basket centers.  I think Stone will be fine if given time.

lamarcus and demarcus(no relation, 'ey?)are slightly more athletic than stone. diamond is a little heavier on his feet, but they can work on that if he is willing and able.  he will have to drop a few however and work with a jump rope or something
don't...don't don't don't don't

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2016, 03:12:21 PM »

Alridge is a PF though.  Part of the reason he didn't sign with the Knicks was that they wanted him at the 5.  He's not a stretch 4, but he's a 4.

feedback