collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Maui 2017  (Read 23107 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Maui 2017
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2017, 09:18:16 PM »
82-
I forgot to add the Kona Brewers Festival is going on March 11. I forgot when you will be in Kona but buy your tix quick if in town. I doubt there are umbrellas involved.

https://beerfests.com/events/kona-brewers-festival
http://konabrewersfestival.com

MU82

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2017, 11:18:34 PM »
82-
I forgot to add the Kona Brewers Festival is going on March 11. I forgot when you will be in Kona but buy your tix quick if in town. I doubt there are umbrellas involved.

https://beerfests.com/events/kona-brewers-festival
http://konabrewersfestival.com

We leave the day before, darn it.

Just did Hapuna today - heavenly! Going to Volcanoes Natl Park tomorrow.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2017, 10:23:50 AM »
We leave the day before, darn it.

Just did Hapuna today - heavenly! Going to Volcanoes Natl Park tomorrow.

How was the rest of the trip?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2017, 09:17:05 PM »
How was the rest of the trip?

Had a blast, Doc. Did and saw lots of great stuff, plus got some plain ol' relaxing in too. Trip was capped off by my daughter's boyfriend proposing to her while they were scuba diving!

Appreciate all your tips.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2017, 09:37:51 PM »
Had a blast, Doc. Did and saw lots of great stuff, plus got some plain ol' relaxing in too. Trip was capped off by my daughter's boyfriend proposing to her while they were scuba diving!

Appreciate all your tips.

Wow. Congrats. That is a trip to remember. He proposed underwater?

Better sell that Apple stock to pay for the wedding.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2017, 03:04:21 PM »
Wow. Congrats. That is a trip to remember. He proposed underwater?

Better sell that Apple stock to pay for the wedding.

Yep. The photo of him trying to get on one knee was pretty hilarious. He said he was nervous the whole time - not because he thought she'd say no but because he didn't want to drop the ring!

I'll wait till AAPL gets to $200 to sell - ha!

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2017, 04:35:38 PM »
Yep. The photo of him trying to get on one knee was pretty hilarious. He said he was nervous the whole time - not because he thought she'd say no but because he didn't want to drop the ring!

I'll wait till AAPL gets to $200 to sell - ha!

We did our honeymoon in Hawaii and within the first 10 minutes in the water snorkeling, my wedding ring slid off my finger.  Thank god the water was only about 12 feet deep and crystal clear.

Bling

• Starter
  • Bling
    • North Shore Dental
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2017, 11:02:12 AM »
My apologies if this has been mentioned already...

Does anybody know when the Maui Invitational organizers will announce the schedule of game times?

I just booked our hotel and flight and we are trying to make some plans around the Marquette games.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2017, 11:12:55 AM »
My apologies if this has been mentioned already...

Does anybody know when the Maui Invitational organizers will announce the schedule of game times?

I just booked our hotel and flight and we are trying to make some plans around the Marquette games.

Here are the 2016 bracket times...seeding will come closer to the season, IIRC.

http://mauiinvitational.com/sports/2014/8/6/2014Bracket.aspx

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2017, 05:19:10 PM »
2012 bracket was announced four months in advance (July 26th).  So game times will likely be known late July.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2017, 09:32:41 AM »
Hey Benny...

I purchased the "Booster Seats" for the Maui Invite.  Do you have an idea of when MU will distribute the tickets? 

Thanks in advance. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2017, 10:41:21 AM »
In 2012, the tickets (if you didn't buy the travel package) were purchased directly from Kemper, the tournament promoter, and if I recall, we got the tickets via FedEx late October or early November.

Since tickets are being purchased through MU this time around, I don't know if MU is also distributing and if so, when they'll be sent out, or even if they will be sent out for that matter (i.e. they may will-call everyone's tickets on the island like they do for the NCAA tourneys).

Might be worth a call or email to athletics... then again, they may not know the answer yet either.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2017, 11:17:24 AM »
In 2012, the tickets (if you didn't buy the travel package) were purchased directly from Kemper, the tournament promoter, and if I recall, we got the tickets via FedEx late October or early November.

Since tickets are being purchased through MU this time around, I don't know if MU is also distributing and if so, when they'll be sent out, or even if they will be sent out for that matter (i.e. they may will-call everyone's tickets on the island like they do for the NCAA tourneys).

Might be worth a call or email to athletics... then again, they may not know the answer yet either.

Cool, I appreciate the info.  I had a reminder in my calendar about the tickets today, so I feel like when I purchased it must have said something about early July...or maybe not.  I will reach out to athletics in a few weeks.

Thanks again.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Bling

• Starter
  • Bling
    • North Shore Dental
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2017, 09:13:36 AM »
2017 Maui Invitational schedule to be released this morning per @MauiInv on Twitter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2017, 11:21:45 AM »

Marquette opens the tournament against VCU in the first slot on the first day, then plays either Cal or Wichita State on the second day.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2017, 12:23:45 PM »

Marquette opens the tournament against VCU in the first slot on the first day, then plays either Cal or Wichita State on the second day.

Shaka Smart's 2 former schools facing off in Round 1. That'll make for great TV!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2017, 12:39:21 PM »
Shaka Smart's 2 former schools facing off in Round 1. That'll make for great TV!

#donedeal

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2017, 01:58:28 PM »

VCU also has a chance to play their former coach Will Wade in the third round. Could see it easily happening too.

1. VCU loses to Marquette
2. LSU loses to Michigan
3. VCU beats Cal
4. LSU beats Chaminade
=VCU vs. LSU in 5th place game
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2017, 04:11:02 PM »
VCU also has a chance to play their former coach Will Wade in the third round. Could see it easily happening too.

1. VCU loses to Marquette
2. LSU loses to Michigan
3. VCU beats Cal
4. LSU beats Chaminade
=VCU vs. LSU in 5th place game

I was thinking that earlier today. Seems fairly likely, actually.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2017, 04:57:53 PM »
I was thinking that earlier today. Seems fairly likely, actually.

Especially the "VCU loses to Marquette" part in Shaka Bowl I!!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2017, 04:59:07 PM »
BTW ... why isn't wades or somebody else screamin' to move this to The Al board?

It belongs there more than most of the stuff that's on there.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2017, 05:14:29 PM »

Difficult to not like this bracket from both a fan's and spectator's perspective.  Granted, from an RPI standpoint it might have been better to not have to face (potentially) both of the mid-majors in the field, but if RPI is your alpha and omega, avoiding Chaminade completely >>>>>> having to face one or both of VCU and WSU.

From a spectator's standpoint, getting the games out of the way early is a big deal on the island.  It's like going to 7:00a mass... to have a completely unencumbered day in front of you before Soul Train hits the airwaves opens up a world of possibilities.  Win Monday, and you essentially have two (almost) full days on the island at your disposal for excursions, drinking, fishing, drinking, paddleboarding/surfing, drinking, Maui Brewery Tour (where there's more drinking), etc.  On the contrary, the Domers have games between 3:00-5:30p on the first two days... by the time they wake up (the crack of noon), they barely have enough time for their Old Spice shower and vegan lunch before they have to hop over to LCC for the games; and afterwards, they only have a couple hours to eat dinner, throw back a couple shots of Titos, and polish their class ring for the next day before their 9:00p bedtimes.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2017, 09:19:37 AM »
Difficult to not like this bracket from both a fan's and spectator's perspective.  Granted, from an RPI standpoint it might have been better to not have to face (potentially) both of the mid-majors in the field, but if RPI is your alpha and omega, avoiding Chaminade completely >>>>>> having to face one or both of VCU and WSU.

From a spectator's standpoint, getting the games out of the way early is a big deal on the island.  It's like going to 7:00a mass... to have a completely unencumbered day in front of you before Soul Train hits the airwaves opens up a world of possibilities.  Win Monday, and you essentially have two (almost) full days on the island at your disposal for excursions, drinking, fishing, drinking, paddleboarding/surfing, drinking, Maui Brewery Tour (where there's more drinking), etc.  On the contrary, the Domers have games between 3:00-5:30p on the first two days... by the time they wake up (the crack of noon), they barely have enough time for their Old Spice shower and vegan lunch before they have to hop over to LCC for the games; and afterwards, they only have a couple hours to eat dinner, throw back a couple shots of Titos, and polish their class ring for the next day before their 9:00p bedtimes.

From an RPI perspective, facing VCU and WSU is perfect. Both of those teams are going to rack up a TON of wins, especially WSU

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2017, 11:06:55 PM »
Just to note the General Admission Maui Jim tickets are now on sale...MU packages still available.

http://mauiinvitational.com/sports/2014/8/6/GEN_0806144303.aspx

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2017, 09:25:16 AM »
Just to note the General Admission Maui Jim tickets are now on sale...MU packages still available.

http://mauiinvitational.com/sports/2014/8/6/GEN_0806144303.aspx

Booster Courtside ....................................................... $700  for all 3 games
A general admission seat in either the Home or Visitor section of the Booster Courtside section (located in the northwest corner of the court).
SOLD OUT: Marquette
Booster -- South Grandstands (Reserved).................. $420 for all 3 games
Reserved seating in either the Home or Visitor section of the South Grandstands, behind the team benches. Seats are reserved until tipoff.
SOLD OUT: California, LSU, Marquette, Michigan, Notre Dame, VCU, Wichita State

Excellent job everyone... this is how we ensure that we'll never have to suffer through another Blue and Gold Classic (or whatever that quarter-ass contest at the Sears was) ever again.

feedback