Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bucky or ND?  (Read 20603 times)

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Re: Bucky or ND?
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2016, 07:41:45 AM »
SMH. You've been back at this constantly of late. Even if Wojo runs things different from Buzz, there's no guarantee it will be cleaner.

Is Duke cleaner? No. No chance, no way Duke is cleaner. They may not get sanctions, but they are obviously not cleaner. The NCAA just turns a blind eye to their blatant infractions.

"Clean" in Chicos-speak = white guy with a side part. It goes no deeper than that.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2016, 07:43:14 AM »
Meteorite.

This.  Since it's not going to happen then ND.  Then hope for Indiana after that.

Anyone, but Bucky and the aw shucks North Carolina.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2016, 07:58:14 AM »
I couldn't decide, until my cousin, the jerkiest of all jerky Bucky fans, posted this as his Facebook status:

"F*ck Xavier.  UW is the undisputed champion of college basketball in Wisconsin.  If Marquette wants to be competitive, they need to drop down to Division II".

That may not be word-for-word.  I immediately unfriended him after I read this post, so I am quoting it from memory.

Go Irish.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2016, 08:00:45 AM »
It looks like Dylan Flood (former walk-on) wants UWM to win this one....Hanging with Frank Kaminsky.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/story/_/id/15030468/frank-kaminsky-lost-bronson-koenig-hit-game-winner-wisconsin-other-social-reaction

Frank and Dylan played on the same high school team, so it is no real surprise they are hanging out together.
Have some patience, FFS.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2016, 08:11:43 AM »
i had X going to the semi's/championship game and losing to oklahoma in one of my brackets.  ND like udub, are overachievers and have chips on their shoulders.  i hate the red trash talk as much as anyone, but i grew up hating ND(remember the notre who t-shirts and doc hitting the 1/2 court buzzer-beater? :) :) :)) more than udub.  ya know, the how do ya know one is an ND alum thingy...well, now it's a state pride thing.  i can slough off the d!cks who want to use this to compare us vs them-let'em gloat-the more ya push back, the more they hang around-bottom line-looking for TD Jesus to weep
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2016, 08:12:17 AM »
As much as it will sicken me, I have to agree with those who say ND.

1. We still play Wisconsin and we recruit a ton against Wisconsin. Ipso fatso, Bucky is a real rival as opposed to ND, which is too chicken$hit to play us.

2. As obnoxious as Domers can be, they are way behind Bucky on the douche scale in recent years.

On a related note ...

While I am not among the Crean haters here, I don't really think I want him to make a FF appearance with the team he left us for. And I am an NC resident now, so I think I'll be rooting for the Tar Heels. That's a tough choice, though, because I have lost a lot of respect for Roy, dadgum it.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2016, 08:23:28 AM »
The heat just got turned up a notch on Wojo, with Crean, Gard and ND advancing..fair or not...especially with MU beating Bucky in Madison.  #reality

Who turned up the heat? Hopefully no one important because that would be insanely irrational
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2016, 08:24:28 AM »
I Hate to say it--where is Marquette-- HOME-- with our cupcake schedule. If we we want to play ball,
go to D-2. I backed MU since 1966 and STILL DO. I know schedules are made in advance. We have a very good player to show off and we schedule lightweights. Wonder what Henry, Hanni and the team think, Wisco is getting lots of ink and they deserve it. But one thought, this group was recruited
by Ryan, will see what Gard does with his recruits. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2016, 08:25:27 AM »
And even experience is no guarantee, right UNI?

Tamu starts four seniors.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2016, 08:33:29 AM »
I Hate to say it--where is Marquette-- HOME-- with our cupcake schedule. If we we want to play ball,
go to D-2. I backed MU since 1966 and STILL DO. I know schedules are made in advance. We have a very good player to show off and we schedule lightweights. Wonder what Henry, Hanni and the team think, Wisco is getting lots of ink and they deserve it. But one thought, this group was recruited

Marquette isn't home due to its cupcake schedule.  It is home because they weren't good enough.  Case in point...Marquette lost three times to the team that UW beat last night.  It's as simple as that.  Marquette just has to get better.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2016, 08:47:01 AM »
Who turned up the heat? Hopefully no one important because that would be insanely irrational

Irrational or not, it's hard to disagree.  I watched a few games over the weekend and couldn't help but think to myself: "cmon, Wojo! MU should be there."

Yes, yes, I know, "Bazz left an empty cupboard," "too much inexperience" "the assistants need to speak up more" "blah blah blah"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2016, 08:50:26 AM »
Irrational or not, it's hard to disagree.  I watched a few games over the weekend and couldn't help but think to myself: "cmon, Wojo! MU should be there."

Yes, yes, I know, "Bazz left an empty cupboard," "too much inexperience" "the assistants need to speak up more" "blah blah blah"

It is irrational and all based on recency bias.

Had UW and ND lost in the first round, would there have been less heat on Wojo?  Of course not.  A lot of over-reaction here.  Wojo has work to do.  He knows it.  We know it.  Regardless of the outcomes over the next couple of weeks, that doesn't change. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2016, 09:08:39 AM »
"Clean" in Chicos-speak = white guy with a side part. It goes no deeper than that.

You are an idiot and a racist.  Congratulations

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2016, 09:11:42 AM »
We'll be back, and with a cleaner program.  All will be good.  Trajectory is right.

We wont be back for years.  No henry next year. You dont live here and you dont know what this is like. You can be patient because you dont see how much air the badgers take out of this state

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2016, 09:14:07 AM »

+10000

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2016, 09:15:44 AM »
We wont be back for years.  No henry next year. You dont live here and you dont know what this is like. You can be patient because you dont see how much air the badgers take out of this state

You have been wrong so many times over the years on your predictions Nate, I'm just chalking this one up as another one.  Stay in the fetal position all you want.   By the way, LSU's Simmons declared for the NBA draft today....you know, the same LSU that you guaranteed would be in the NCAA tournament only a few weeks ago....another example of you being wildly wrong.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2016, 09:23:09 AM »
go to D-2.
I backed MU since 1966 and STILL DO. I know schedules are made in advance. We have a very good player to show off and we schedule lightweights. Wonder what Henry, Hanni and the team think, Wisco is getting lots of ink and they deserve it. But one thought, this group was recruited

Are you WarriorChick's jerky cousin on your Mom or Dad's side?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2016, 09:27:47 AM »

Sulaimon at Maryland had some issues at Duke, no?

Yup, and he was booted from the team.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2016, 09:36:38 AM »

Case in point...Marquette lost three times to the team that UW beat last night. 

Yes, but Marquette did win on the road to the team that beat X last night.

I actually agree with your posts in this thread, Sultan, but the wise guy in me had to point that out!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2016, 10:14:19 AM »
You have been wrong so many times over the years on your predictions Nate, I'm just chalking this one up as another one.  Stay in the fetal position all you want.   By the way, LSU's Simmons declared for the NBA draft today....you know, the same LSU that you guaranteed would be in the NCAA tournament only a few weeks ago....another example of you being wildly wrong.

Yup i was wrong. They too will be awful next year

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2016, 10:31:14 AM »
You are an idiot and a racist.  Congratulations

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2016, 11:04:46 AM »
I didn't say clean, I said cleaner.  I think you are absolutely wrong with the NCAA stuff.  I have plenty of friends that work at the NCAA, some of which do not care for Duke personally.  The conspiracy theories about money the NCAA makes on these schools is silly.  When UNC goes on probation, and they will, the NCAA revenues will not take a single hit, because the money is based on TV contracts long since brokered based on the tournament, not who is in the tournament.   

Every program has issues of some sort, no one is denying this.  I know I never have, that's why I didn't say CLEAN.

Where was the NCAA when Corey Maggette admitted to taking $200K from a booster? Or when Chris Duhon's mom got a job from a booster? Or the Lance Thomas jewelry scandal?

Does any of this make them any worse than the other myriad scandals that go on in the NCAA? No, probably not. But they certainly aren't any better or any cleaner.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2016, 11:21:57 AM »
Yup, and he was booted from the team.

Over two years and a couple of victims, the Duke AD finally acted, despite officials being very aware of these incidents. Squirmy.

http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2015/03/rasheed-sulaimon-center-sexual-assault-allegations-prior-dismissal

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2016, 11:25:58 AM »
Screw both of them.  But for purposes of this question, ND over Bucky.  I can't believe Koenig hit both those shots.

But then ND to get pummeled in the next game.  ND blows.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2016, 11:31:40 AM »
I'll hold my nose and root for ND. Unfortunately, not playing them anymore takes some of the venom out of me towards them.

I do think they're a tougher matchup for UW in some ways than Xavier was. ND won't be as reliant on pushing tempo.

feedback