[Today at 08:52:08 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:26:19 AM]

Incoming freshmen by We R Final Four
[Today at 06:19:00 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Its DJOver
[June 05, 2024, 02:41:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Buzz has his faults, but......  (Read 5007 times)

Lighthouse 84

• All American
Buzz has his faults, but......
« on: March 08, 2016, 07:37:45 AM »
Did anyone catch this? Say what you want about Buzz, no one liked the way he left and left the cupboard, but he had a good quality or two.

http://www.inspiremore.com/buzz-williams-veteran-talk/
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

SERocks

• Team Captain
Re: Buzz has his faults, but......
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 08:10:50 AM »
Just saw that this morning and was going to post it.  Class.  Very good Buzz.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 08:59:05 AM »
Big like.  Good for him....good lesson to teach.

Now, if I were any number of other posters here and a certain other coach did this, they would claim it was a PR move.....

Now I'll be accused of defending someone, yet it is another factual statement I made...go figure.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 09:00:43 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 09:06:43 AM »

Now, if I were any number of other posters here and a certain other coach did this, they would claim it was a PR move.....

Now I'll be accused of defending someone, yet it is another factual statement I made...go figure.

C'mon, Jams. This has nothing to do with the Bronze Beast.

Death on call

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 09:10:02 AM »

I thought he made it about someone else entirely.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 09:15:19 AM »

That's why I put it in teal, but you know 100% if that same story was posted, the same jags would make that claim.  That is a 100% accurate statement.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 09:36:52 AM »
That's why I put it in teal, but you know 100% if that same story was posted, the same jags would make that claim.  That is a 100% accurate statement.

Yea, but if Tanned Tommy did it it would be so inauthentic and disingenuous that the message would be trivialized

Death on call

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 09:46:43 AM »
You are so sensitive, you are now defending Crean from comments that MIGHT be made.    Where does the problem lie?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 10:24:10 AM »

It was a PR move by Buzz too.  That's why the cameras were there.  Just because something is a PR move doesn't mean it isn't a good thing to do.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 10:47:21 AM »
Funny how this is getting a lot of play all the sudden...I saw it at least a couple of months ago.  But I'm seeing it all over the place today.  But good for Buzz to teach this lesson.  I don't necessarily care what his motivation was; it's an important lesson.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 01:35:51 PM »
Funny how this is getting a lot of play all the sudden...I saw it at least a couple of months ago.  But I'm seeing it all over the place today.  But good for Buzz to teach this lesson.  I don't necessarily care what his motivation was; it's an important lesson.

Saw it the first go round as well, and I have to admit, my initial reaction was, that it's a great thing, but if this was in fact being done to provide a lesson to his players, why the cameras?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 01:40:52 PM »
You are so sensitive, you are now defending Crean from comments that MIGHT be made.    Where does the problem lie?

It really is fascinating. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 02:02:00 PM »
You are so sensitive, you are now defending Crean from comments that MIGHT be made.

;D
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 04:01:18 PM »

Gotta stay a step ahead...

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 04:09:19 PM »
Saw it the first go round as well, and I have to admit, my initial reaction was, that it's a great thing, but if this was in fact being done to provide a lesson to his players, why the cameras?

Timing is everything.....when Buzz is in Stillwater in a couple of weeks it will all make sense why this and other potential stories come out.

Side note, it's a good thing, don't care how it came about or what ulterior motives Buzz has. As long as people take away the core principle, good enough for me.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 04:38:22 PM »
Shoulda brought in a butcher, baker and candlestick maker, a''inal?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 07:44:08 PM »
Also... why does Buzz keep saying THESE MEN? wow

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 08:45:07 PM »
I will never forgive Buzz for taping that story about Buzz's Bunch right before he bailed.

He exploited those poor kids featured in the story to polish his own brand.
Have some patience, FFS.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 08:51:13 PM »
I will never forgive Buzz for taping that story about Buzz's Bunch right before he bailed.

He exploited those poor kids featured in the story to polish his own brand.

"I'll never have anything named after me"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2016, 09:05:34 AM »
Yea, but if Tanned Tommy did it it would be so inauthentic and disingenuous that the message would be trivialized

Much like one could argue was done here....why the need for cameras?  Couldn't the vets be brought in to teach the same lesson?

See, being skeptical can be done all the time.  You know I'm 100% right if Crean had done this, the same ass clowns here would have said it was a PR move.  How is what Buzz doing anything less?  It isn't.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 09:35:57 AM »
Much like one could argue was done here....why the need for cameras?  Couldn't the vets be brought in to teach the same lesson?

See, being skeptical can be done all the time.  You know I'm 100% right if Crean had done this, the same ass clowns here would have said it was a PR move.  How is what Buzz doing anything less?  It isn't.

Make no mistake - I think Bert is every bit the con artist. But he makes his schtick seem so natural.

Tanned Tommy, on the other hand, is just not as good an actor. When Crean tries stunts like this, and he certainly tries stunts like this, it comes off as forced in that "I was so embarrassed I didn't know where to look" way.

I am with those who have pointed out that Bert did this for his own glory. And while he might have imparted a lesson to his players this was far less about them and almost entirely about Bert.

Target Audience: T. Boone Pickens

Death on call

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 09:58:34 AM »
Also... why does Buzz keep saying THESE MEN? wow

Yeah especially awkward as the camera pans by female service members.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2016, 10:27:57 AM »

Doubling down on defending against attacks that didn't come.    You sound like one of those politically correct people you like to belittle so much. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 10:36:16 AM »
Timing is everything.....when Buzz is in Stillwater in a couple of weeks it will all make sense why this and other potential stories come out.

Side note, it's a good thing, don't care how it came about or what ulterior motives Buzz has. As long as people take away the core principle, good enough for me.

Yup.  I read some article on how the coaching carousel will be quiet this season and it listed all jobs that could potentially open up and the chances that each coach at that job returns next season.  It also listed potential replacements for the coach at each job.  For just about every power 5 conference job they listed, Buzz Williams's name showed up as a potential replacement.  Outstanding.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 10:53:15 AM »

[/b]

And if you would have left that bold part out no one would even give your statement a second thought. 

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

feedback