[June 07, 2024, 09:53:13 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Herman Cain
[June 07, 2024, 09:51:11 PM]

Incoming freshmen by tower912
[June 07, 2024, 08:06:40 PM]

Ranking Big East Centers by The Equalizer
[June 07, 2024, 05:10:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Buzz Has Va Tech On A Roll  (Read 10358 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: Buzz Has Va Tech On A Roll
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2016, 08:59:54 AM »
Can't wait to see what the media narrative is when Buzz is coaching in Stillwater two months from now.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2016, 09:55:27 AM »
Can't wait to see what the media narrative is when Buzz is coaching in Stillwater two months from now.

It is amazing to read the VA Poly people commenting on how Bert is so vested in the school and the kids to ever consider leaving...

Death on call

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2016, 10:01:32 AM »
It is amazing to read the VA Poly people commenting on how Bert is so vested in the school and the kids to ever consider leaving...

As a fellow survivor of Buzzholm Syndrome I can empathize with them....but I will not be sympathetic.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2016, 10:09:29 AM »
As a fellow survivor of Buzzholm Syndrome I can empathize with them....but I will not be sympathetic.

Character revealed!

Death on call

🏀

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2016, 10:59:14 AM »
So you're saying the coach who demands players never give up under any circumstances, gave up himself....character revealed.

I agree is was a phony, lonely cowboy, but ultimately I still maintain he would be at Marquette today if we didn't have a supercrapty president that should have never been given the position.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2016, 11:02:20 AM »
I agree is was a phony, lonely cowboy, but ultimately I still maintain he would be at Marquette today if we didn't have a supercrapty president that should have never been given the position.
...who brought in an AD who treated episodic problems as systemic problems and publicly undercut the coach.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2016, 11:32:22 AM »
...who brought in an AD who treated episodic problems as systemic problems and publicly undercut the coach.

While true as well as what PTM said about the prez.....there were no good "characters" in this story.

Buzz produced on the court but his methods and players were a mess off of it. The Prez was about as naive and disinterested in people as you will ever see. The AD was a dictator with a ego that exceeded his skill set. In combination, it was pretty disastrous....individually any one wouldn't have been great but was survivable.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2016, 04:14:32 PM »
The Prez was about as naive and disinterested in people as you will ever see.

Well...he is interested in those of a particular gender...

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2016, 05:36:49 PM »

He didn't like being rebuked because someone on his staff lied about a NCAA investigation.  He didn't like being rebuked because of how he handled a sexual assault \ rape allegation on campus.  He didn't like being rebuked regarding one of his players who never should have been admitted to the university to begin with.  So on and so forth.

He wanted a system where no one looked into his stuff.  He's got it now.  I wish him all the best.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2016, 05:37:42 PM »

Just win baby, no repercussions....coach should be able to do anything he wants.......

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2016, 07:15:45 PM »
Just win baby, no repercussions....coach should be able to do anything he wants.......

You talking about the thrice-cited recruiting violating coach with the multi drug and alcohol citations, including tire tracks over one of his players in his care?  Who in his previous job swept many questionable off court issues under the rug, including ones involving his stud freshman PG with females? Or his Bob Marley toking star recruits and players?  Or his cash machine robbing marginal recruit?  Or his two NCAA investigated prep school diploma mill recruits who "graduated" from the same school as the one mentioned by you? Or a very questionablly admitted JUCO who spent more time in study hall than in practice, and where the coach was so pissed at the academic advisor that he banned said person from tutoring in his program? That coach?  Squirmy.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 08:22:18 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2016, 07:29:27 PM »
You talking about the thrice-cited recruiting violating coach with the multi drug and alcohol citations, including tire tracks over one of his players in his care?  Who in his previous job swept many questionable off court issues under the rug, including ones involving his stud freshman PG with females? Or his his Bob Marley toking star recruits and players?  Or his cash machine robbing marginal recruit?  Or his two NCAA investigated prep school diploma mill recruits who "graduated" from the same school as the one mentioned by you? Or a very questionablly admitted JUCO who spent more time in study hall than in practice, and where the coach was so pissed at the academic advisor that he banned said person from tutoring in his program? That coach?  Squirmy.

Note: I don't care about either coach. They both did good things and bad and have moved on.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2016, 08:24:56 PM »

Note: I don't care about either coach. They both did good things and bad and have moved on.

Exactly.  Just like you and me and Bo. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2016, 12:09:23 AM »
You talking about the thrice-cited recruiting violating coach with the multi drug and alcohol citations, including tire tracks over one of his players in his care?  Who in his previous job swept many questionable off court issues under the rug, including ones involving his stud freshman PG with females? Or his Bob Marley toking star recruits and players?  Or his cash machine robbing marginal recruit?  Or his two NCAA investigated prep school diploma mill recruits who "graduated" from the same school as the one mentioned by you? Or a very questionablly admitted JUCO who spent more time in study hall than in practice, and where the coach was so pissed at the academic advisor that he banned said person from tutoring in his program? That coach?  Squirmy.

Nope, I was talking about the one who had an odd way of dealing with Rape on campus by going to the victim like an absolute idiot, had a really odd way of dealing with is boss and didn't understand a boss is someone that is your supervisor, an odd way of allowing one of his assistants to lie that caused him to fire him, etc.  That's the one I'm talking about.  I didn't think I had to be any clearer, but if need be, let me know.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2016, 06:34:00 AM »
Nope, I was talking about the one who had an odd way of dealing with Rape on campus by going to the victim like an absolute idiot, had a really odd way of dealing with is boss and didn't understand a boss is someone that is your supervisor, an odd way of allowing one of his assistants to lie that caused him to fire him, etc.  That's the one I'm talking about.  I didn't think I had to be any clearer, but if need be, let me know.
You're an idiot.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2016, 08:20:35 AM »

Your "facts" fit your narrative, not so sure they fit the facts as determined by various investigating authorities.  If the facts occurred as you say, Buzz would have been gone in a NY minute, instead of being suspended for the tee shirt incident.  There were a slew of other bodies along that way who were dismissed for direct responsibility, while those others responsible for further bringing on the university dysfunction, including Buzz, we're moved along later as well. Luckily, MU is in a better place.

I guess one person's black eye is another's blind eye. Me? I think coaches and athletes are as flawed as the rest of us.  To think that CTC is purer than Buzz is a flawed as the St. Bo Posse looking to explain away his many hypocrisies. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2016, 08:58:22 AM »

I guess one person's black eye is another's blind eye. Me? I think coaches and athletes are as flawed as the rest of us.  To think that CTC is purer than Buzz is a flawed as the St. Bo Posse looking to explain away his many hypocrisies.

I agree, everyone is flawed.  There are degrees of flawed, however, at least in my opinion.  Perhaps you disagree.  That is fine...to each their own. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2016, 10:23:16 AM »

Buzz had an odd way of dealing with Rape with a capital R? Reckless, bigoted, unsubstantiated by facts - but since you don't like the guy lies and smears based on lies are OK.

Your defense of Pilarz and Larry Williams is revealing. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts you're just like them - incompetent bosses who like to flex their muscles and tell everyone who the boss is. Buzz  is the second best basketball coach in Marquette's storied history. His "bosses" were fired before the new paint was dry in their offices - worst administrators in MU history. But you liked them - speaks volumes about you.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2016, 10:25:34 AM »

Doc posterizes the little man yet again!

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2016, 11:18:53 PM »
Va Tech nice win over Florida State to win first game in ACC tourney.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2016, 11:05:58 PM »
Maybe we play them in the NIT

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2016, 01:02:55 AM »
Coming up on five years with this gem

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-06-21/sports/ct-met-marquette-sex-assaults-20110621_1_sexual-assault-sexual-attack-allegation-crimes

So....all the news you promised would break two years ago, is really just still news from 5 years ago.    Meanwhile, defending Crean by saying IU never wins the B16 title.  I know you bleed blue & gold occasionally, but I understand why others think you're mostly being dishonest.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2016, 08:29:56 AM »
So....all the news you promised would break two years ago, is really just still news from 5 years ago.    Meanwhile, defending Crean by saying IU never wins the B16 title.  I know you bleed blue & gold occasionally, but I understand why others think you're mostly being dishonest.

Nailed it, Rocky.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"

Death on call