Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Knowing What We Know Now Would You Prefer Wojo or Buzz?

Wojo
Buzz

Author Topic: Poll: Wojo or Buzz?  (Read 10054 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Poll: Wojo or Buzz?
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2016, 05:24:31 PM »
Would Buzz be winning here similarly had he stayed? What would our current roster look like?

Guards: Duane Wilson, John Dawson, Ahmed Hill, Jajuan Johnson
Wings: Marial Shayok, Deonte Burton, Sandy Cohen
Bigs: Satchel Pierce, Luke Fischer, Kerry Blackshear

Traci Carter would definitely not be here, and I doubt Cheatham, Anim, Heldt, or the Ellensons would be here. Both Chris Clarke and Justin Robinson were local recruits, so doubt they'd have come, nor would Shane Henry or Johnny Hamilton.

Would a lineup of Fischer, Shayok, Burton, Duane, and Dawson be that much better? Would Jajuan have transferred? (Steve would have had Buzz stayed)

We were already trending down before Buzz left. The roster was a shambles and that was his doing. Our consensus best player last year (Carlino) and this year (Henry) wouldn't have come for Buzz. Yes, they're 4-2 in league play, but have played a soft schedule only bolstered by the UVA win and for some reason they have their number.

It's easy to say we'd be better off because it's impossible to disprove. But the reality is things were bad before Buzz left and many of the fixes he's used at Va Tech wouldn't likely have come here.

The sad truth is Buzz was never going to be a long term answer here. With Wojo, we're closer to finding an actual long term solution that will be palatable to everyone, even if Wojo isn't that guy.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2016, 05:32:25 PM »
Buzz is gone.  Water over the dam.  How about another poll?  Wojo or Crean?

Class71

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2016, 06:37:25 PM »
Sorry but I don't think it is correct to characterize Buzz as win at any cost.  He had some guys get into trouble.  Coach K had to kick Rasheed Sulaimon off the team for problems as bad as any Buzz faced.  Is Coach K win at any cost?  How about Mark Turgeon, is he win at any cost?  Buzz bent the admission standard getting Jae into school here.  Do you wish Jae had never attended MU?  Didn't he represent the University well?  Heck in my mind Jae is the poster child for a modern day Marquette Warrior.
I voted Buzz.  I liked Buzz's quirkiness.  Listened to Buzz's radio show, I have no desire to listen to Wojo's preprogrammed coach speak.
Buzz was a very emotional guy who had an off year and let all the stuff get to him.  I think if he'd been supported he would have turned it around.
Wojo is our coach now and so I'm praying that he can turn this thing around.  So far I'd say I'm concerned about his ability to win at this level.  I hope he does.

That is exactly why I would exclude any individual names from the poll. The key point is what is our objective?  Concerning admission standards I would expect some flexibility. The standards I was talking about were more of character. I think we all know of schools who will accept any dirtbag as long as they can win games. Do we want that at MU?  That is a choice. Jae is not the only good example of people with character under Buzz.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2016, 07:55:37 PM »
Doesn't matter who we prefer, one guy didn't want to be here anymore and tanked his last year to show how much.  I "PREFER" not to have someone who acts like that.

Pretty simple.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2016, 08:31:47 PM »
Well the Cubs are the gold standard.  Cardinals, sorry, not that interesting.  I think Wojo is doing pretty well for his first mid major job.

As soon as I saw the login name, I said to myself, "this is going to be some quality trolling".  I wasn't disappointed.  It's a shame we didn't get a chance to vote for Bo in this poll, I would have voted for him for getting such young tail when cheating on his wife.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2016, 08:41:26 PM »
Well the Cubs are the gold standard.  Cardinals, sorry, not that interesting.  I think Wojo is doing pretty well for his first mid major job.

That's just TARAble.