Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Markus Howard Update  (Read 14918 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Markus Howard Update
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2016, 09:40:10 PM »
If we land him, he reclassifies to 2016, and Hank stays...

Oh man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Fen_2mLuQ

My goodness.  You would immediately have a starting backcourt of Howard and Rowsey and go from a team that couldn't shoot the ball to a back court that could light you up from anywhere.  Add in Sandy and at times Cheatham playing the 3 and the floor opens way up for Hank and Luke down low.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 09:53:07 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2016, 09:46:21 PM »
I'm fairly confident we land him. He has a VERY good relationship with coach Johnson

How would you quantify "fairly confident"? 52%, 60%, 75%, 90%, 98%? Please say 75% or higher - we could REALLY use him.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2016, 10:16:59 PM »
Not contentious at all.  Just find it interesting that everyone praises a guy that no one reads.  Because if you did, this would have been posted 4 or 5 times by now.  If Goodman at ESPN wrote that passage, Rocky would be busy consolidating all the multiple posts on this subject into one right now.

If you posted the link and one paragraph, I would have clicked on it and read it.

And then "someone" would have read it instead of "no one."

You would have done Matt a solid -- he deserves it -- and you would have done us good, too.

Again, why is this a difficult concept? You only have the ability to post the entire article? You are unable to chop it after the first paragraph? Gremlins have taken over your fingers? What?

You seem to think it's all or nothing -- "either I post the entire article or I post nothing." Why?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2016, 10:19:28 PM »
If you posted the link and one paragraph, I would have clicked on it and read it.

And then "someone" would have read it instead of "no one."

You would have done Matt a solid -- he deserves it -- and you would have done us good, too.

Again, why is this a difficult concept? You only have the ability to post the entire article? You are unable to chop it after the first paragraph? Gremlins have taken over your fingers? What?

You seem to think it's all or nothing -- "either I post the entire article or I post nothing." Why?

So you did not click on the link as I posted about 10% of the article, as I said I would.  Tons I left out.

Oh, and this was near the end, not the first two paragraphs.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2016, 10:33:59 PM »
Obviously Markus has a very nice handle and in time could be a real contributor some where. He clearly can fill up the net. Will that translate into being a point guard? Only time will tell. 
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2016, 10:35:13 PM »
So you did not click on the link as I posted about 10% of the article, as I said I would.  Tons I left out.

Oh, and this was near the end, not the first two paragraphs.

I am embarrassed. I did click on the link, just so it would get a click, but I didn't even look at it because I just assumed you ran the whole article here. We all know what happens when one assumes ... and yes, it made an arse out of me.

Please accept my apologies, and please continue doing this.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2016, 11:03:52 PM »
I am embarrassed. I did click on the link, just so it would get a click, but I didn't even look at it because I just assumed you ran the whole article here. We all know what happens when one assumes ... and yes, it made an arse out of me.

Please accept my apologies, and please continue doing this.

I agreed to stopped posting entire articles and will only post excerpts.  Assume that with my posts from here on out.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2016, 11:30:15 PM »
How would you quantify "fairly confident"? 52%, 60%, 75%, 90%, 98%? Please say 75% or higher - we could REALLY use him.

I guess I'm feeling 75%. It depends on who his fifth official visit goes to. Hes not going to Central Arkansas. My grantedly biased view on Baylor is that they are not a quality bball program and Howard will see that. He did commit to ASU once before but that was largely beacuse of coach Johnson. If Zona or UCLA gets that last visit, I might be worried.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2016, 11:35:12 PM »
I guess I'm feeling 75%. It depends on who his fifth official visit goes to. Hes not going to Central Arkansas. My grantedly biased view on Baylor is that they are not a quality bball program and Howard will see that. He did commit to ASU once before but that was largely beacuse of coach Johnson. If Zona or UCLA gets that last visit, I might be worried.
If Zona and UCLA offer he will go to one of those two.
            ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2016, 11:59:30 PM »
If Zona and UCLA offer he will go to one of those two.

They have offered. Dont underestimate Coach Johnson. Also look at where Howard has set visits to. Not all kids want to go to the blue bloods. But if the fifth visit does go to one of them, it might indicate a changing in priorities.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2016, 05:37:55 AM »
They have offered. Dont underestimate Coach Johnson. Also look at where Howard has set visits to. Not all kids want to go to the blue bloods. But if the fifth visit does go to one of them, it might indicate a changing in priorities.

+1

He already committed to Arizona State, then decommitted when they fired Herb Sdenek.  So he is not just looking for a blue blood offer.

His lead recruiter at Az State was coach Johnson who he is close to.  Johnson is now on MUs staff.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2016, 06:43:24 AM »
I know you did, but either you did not understand what it meant or don't care about MU recruiting news. 

But you are more interested in tracking my hit count likes Wades.

i don't get the heisy-hate just b/c he posts some good stuff-there's a hit tracker?  oh schmit, now ya tell me-where's the scoreboard?  what do we get, $500 for bubbas and we don't even have to dance like a fool for the big cam?  well hold the hog down here and let me in

thanks for the info-i am in henderson a few times a year-i'm going to look into this dude while i'm there-hey, maybe even put in a plug for us back home, wear my golden bird shirt(yuk) with my warrior hat and tell him to come on home

do we need to bring him in for the villanova game?  if we don't improve some by then, we may need markus to tro a jersey on heyna?  if we were to play nova right now, we'd get our arses handed back to us and i don't see that as a big positive recruiting visit
don't...don't don't don't don't

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2016, 12:37:11 PM »
The Nova game will show that we need a point guard. Look at it the other way, if Carter had his career game there is little chance that Howard would come here. He will be looking to go where he starts from day one or at worst is backing up a senior. He is not going to play behind Carter for three years.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 11:05:51 PM by bilsu »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2016, 12:53:41 PM »
Coach Johnson is a good guy . However , Coach Alford and Coach Miller have a proven track record of success versus Wojo who is still learning how to coach.
            ---Al McGuire

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2016, 12:56:52 PM »
Coach Johnson is a good guy . However , Coach Alford and Coach Miller have a proven track record of success versus Wojo who is still learning how to coach.

I think Alford's proven track record works in our favor.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2016, 01:01:57 PM »
I think Alford's proven track record works in our favor.
Which part of the 522 career wins work in our favor?
            ---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2016, 01:11:04 PM »
The Nova game will show that we need a point guard. Look at it the other wasy, if Carter had his career game there is little chance that Howard would come here. He will be looking to go where he starts from day one or at worst is backing up a senior. He is not going to play behind Carter for three years.

good point-need a guy who wants to come in a be da man

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2016, 01:30:10 PM »

UCLA fans still want him gone.  No thanks.   He has about 200 wins in a power conference.  His Iowa nonsense with Pierre Pierce...forget it.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2016, 01:59:57 PM »
UCLA fans still want him gone.  No thanks.   He has about 200 wins in a power conference.  His Iowa nonsense with Pierre Pierce...forget it.

He is an average coach and a complete dick of a human being.  UCLA can have him.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2016, 02:28:03 PM »

His Iowa tenure was ok with lots of controversy. He racked up a lot of wins at New Mexico, but always flamed out early in the tourney. He's gotten UCLA to the Sweet Sixteen twice but I don't think anyone is expecting him to get them back to an elite level. I don't know how much of a role he played in the UCLA guys who have gone to the NBA recently, but don't think he's developed a lot of other NBA talent.

I obviously don't know what would go into his decision, but I'd be worried about UCLA because it's UCLA, not because of Alford's track record.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2016, 02:33:39 PM »

He is an average coach and a complete dick of a human being.

But enough about TC....

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2016, 03:12:14 PM »

He is an average coach and a complete dick of a human being.  UCLA can have him.

Yup, he's an awful person.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2016, 03:17:17 PM »
HBerg,

The link to MattyVs article on Howard already got posted by MuMark, (I think it was him) in another thread.

I also sent the link to Matt......... 8-)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2016, 03:30:52 PM »
Yup, he's an awful person.

what makes alford a "richard"  many thought he played for one although that was just bobby being bobby-heyna?

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2016, 03:40:32 PM »
what makes alford a "richard"  many thought he played for one although that was just bobby being bobby-heyna?

Pierre Pierce.....