Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Seton Hall thoughts  (Read 19638 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Seton Hall thoughts
« Reply #150 on: December 31, 2015, 04:01:13 PM »
I said top 8--which I thought was lottery.  I think that is top 14.  My mistake.  It shows how little I follow the NBA and its draft.

This thread shift by Chicos is textbook.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #151 on: December 31, 2015, 04:02:45 PM »
I said top 8--which I thought was lottery.  I think that is top 14.  My mistake.  It shows how little I follow the NBA and its draft.

This thread shift by Chicos is textbook.

The thread took many shifts, long before my comments.

Happy New Year

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #152 on: December 31, 2015, 04:04:05 PM »
Only one person thought that Vander Blue should make its way into the thread.  One person.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #153 on: December 31, 2015, 04:05:58 PM »
You compared Ellenson to Blue. Were there ever 25 scouts out to see Blue? Did several draft prognosticators ever predict Blue would be a top-10 pick? Blue was told to stay in school because he wouldn't be drafted; he apparently applied the "all it takes is one" mantra. Henry doesn't need that mantra on potential alone.

I know, I know ... you'll say you never really compared Henry to Vander. Whatevs. You just have "a way about you," Chicos. You love to push that envelope and invite arguments rather than discussions.

As for Henry ... like you, I have a gut feeling he stays for 2 years, although I will admit that my feeling was stronger a month ago. He would have to like the MU experience and like playing with his brother an awful lot to pass up the big guarantee.

BTW, I never said he was going top 8. I have no idea where he's going, though the draft prognosticators who have a pretty good record in these things believe he'll be a lottery pick, and they'd know more than I would.

They wouldn't know more than you, of course. I mean, who does? Sports, politics, investing, whatever ... who knows more than Chicos?

Whatevs is right....never compared HE to Vander.  My point was all it takes is one, which is correct.  I also said I wasn't sure if it was you who said top 8, correct?

Yes, Vander played in games with that many scouts.  Were they all there to see him?  Nope, but he did play in those games.

Lots of people know a lot more than I do....but I seemed to be doing ok for myself.

Happy New Year....good to see you're finishing up strong....you have a way about you.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #154 on: December 31, 2015, 04:06:51 PM »
Only one person thought that Vander Blue should make its way into the thread.  One person.

Actually Shark did, one of the first 6 posters in this thread.

It took less than 20 posts for this thread to "turn" into JUCO recruiting.  It took less then 30 posts for it to be about Derrick Wilson.  It took less than 50 posts for it to become Wojo is a Duke guy and from the ACC, which = soft.

Etc, etc, etc
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 04:09:34 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #155 on: December 31, 2015, 04:12:42 PM »
If Luke develops a face up game, he will make it in the Pros.  For some reason, he is all back to the basket at MU, unlike I4 and HS.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #156 on: December 31, 2015, 04:12:56 PM »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #157 on: December 31, 2015, 04:14:33 PM »
Check your PMs

Already responded a few minutes ago...you said you turned them off, not the case?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #158 on: December 31, 2015, 04:16:17 PM »
Already responded a few minutes ago...you said you turned them off, not the case?

I turned signatures off in my profile, not for the site.  The request stands.

brandx

« Reply #159 on: December 31, 2015, 04:41:06 PM »
Death and taxes - you never tire of insulting our players from our most successful era since Al.

0n another topic - it's unseemly and classless to have a signature that's a personal attack on another poster. Take it down.

Lenny, thanks.

But, an insult from Chicos is meaningless. I think it is pretty easy to tell when he is off of his meds (and I'm not saying that as a joke or an insult). He gets a mite twitchy.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #160 on: December 31, 2015, 04:43:36 PM »
Whatevs is right....never compared HE to Vander.  My point was all it takes is one, which is correct.  I also said I wasn't sure if it was you who said top 8, correct?

Yes, Vander played in games with that many scouts.  Were they all there to see him?  Nope, but he did play in those games.

Lots of people know a lot more than I do....but I seemed to be doing ok for myself.

Happy New Year....good to see you're finishing up strong....you have a way about you.

I left the politics board primarily to get away from arguing with you about silly crapola.

I guess I'm Michael Corleone and you're the Mafia: Just when I thought I was out, he pulls me back in.

Happy New Year back at, Chicos.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #161 on: December 31, 2015, 04:59:08 PM »
Seton Hall fans just weighed in with thoughts, they think Vander Blue was an idiot for leaving after his junior year.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #162 on: December 31, 2015, 07:11:36 PM »
Right--cuz one more year he would have jumped up to #1 overall.
VB is who he is/was. For some reason his decision to leave early really has gotten to you and you have never been able to let it go.
Get over it--he left after his junior year and was not drafted. He's working his ass off to get back to the league. Let it go.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #163 on: December 31, 2015, 07:26:20 PM »

Wake Up Call II.

Smaller team Pushing us around under both baskets and us having trouble stopping drives.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #164 on: January 01, 2016, 12:26:35 AM »
Seton Hall fans just weighed in with thoughts, they think Vander Blue was an idiot for leaving after his junior year.

And yet he's played more in the NBA than Marquette's all time leading scorer, Jerel McNeal, whom you have routinely celebrated as a NBA player. Blue collected NBA paychecks for each of his first two seasons out of school. Maybe not full seasons, but still, NBA paychecks. Isn't that why he declared? Seems like he succeeded in his goal.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback