'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:02:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:43:38 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

After MU, What Big East School Do You Like The Most?

Butler
35 (17.7%)
Creighton
14 (7.1%)
DePaul
6 (3%)
Georgetown
28 (14.1%)
Providence
14 (7.1%)
St. Johns
2 (1%)
Seton Hall
3 (1.5%)
Villanova
57 (28.8%)
Xavier
39 (19.7%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author Topic: Poll: After MU, What Big East School Do You Like The Most?  (Read 7203 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Poll: After MU, What Big East School Do You Like The Most?
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2015, 12:34:58 PM »
Funny you bring this up... it was my interactions with Butler fans in Maui that put them to the top of the list.  Though this was pre-C7, we all had a sneaking suspicion that Butler was going to end up in the Big East at some point, so maybe they were just sucking up.

Must not have been the same Butler fans out at the bar in Lexington after we beat Davidson.  Arrogant and loud.  Homer wasn't liking them either.  He was trying to enjoy a drink to himself but just couldn't hold back.  All people heard were them yelling about how they're now Duke and Stevens was Coach K and would be there for forever and lead them to National Championships galore.  Home Team put them in their place, MU put them in their place 2 days later, and Stevens put them in their place a month later.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2015, 12:38:01 PM »
Must not have been the same Butler fans out at the bar in Lexington after we beat Davidson.  Arrogant and loud.  Homer wasn't liking them either.  He was trying to enjoy a drink to himself but just couldn't hold back.  All people heard were them yelling about how they're now Duke and Stevens was Coach K and would be there for forever and lead them to National Championships galore.  Home Team put them in their place, MU put them in their place 2 days later, and Stevens put them in their place a month later.

Agreed.  And I met a few in Maui as well and disagree with Benny's experience.  I am not saying they are the devil but my favorite Big East team?  No way.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2015, 12:45:28 PM »
I could vote for Butler based on Hinkle alone, but also, I have a friend high up in the administration who is one of the nicest guys I have ever known (and he's a Marquette grad!). And their program doesn't have the faintest whiff of squirminess.
Have some patience, FFS.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2015, 01:24:45 PM »
Georgetown. They are very arrogant.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Marqevans

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2015, 01:51:44 PM »
Georgetown for overall academics and basketball history.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2015, 04:26:58 PM »
Villanova for me.

A guy I grew up wth and am still very close to played on the team that beat Georgetown for the National Championship in 1985.

My boy had the tournament of his life and has parlayed that into a very successful business career.  Still lives in Wayne, PA not to far from the Nova campus. 

Since we joined the Big East I have driven down from Connecticut to every single Marquette-Villanova game here on the East Coast and watched with him (including, unfortunately last year's Big East tournament game).  The Nova fans are very knowledgable and passionate about hoop and still treat him like royalty.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2015, 04:28:44 PM »
Nova, was a big Scottie Reynolds fan when he was there. As much as I make fun of Jay Wright now for his fake ran he's still a damn good coach.

jsheim

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2015, 05:17:20 PM »
I chose Seton Hall
- a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, an overmatched Seton Hall gave Michigan a real fight for the national championship. Earned my admiration.

They had a guy, don't remember his name, who was on a mission...even the Michigan players afterward expressed their respect for his effort.

Michigan had Glen Rice and a bunch of other NBA bound players....though none like Rice.
note: not the fab-five...

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2015, 06:10:34 PM »
DePaul.   Easy W.

Plus, a great campus in a great part of a great city.

More importantly, easy W.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Da 'Lanche

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2015, 06:23:21 PM »
Creighton…for multiple reasons…first and foremost my daughter is a student-athlete currently attending and she loves the school and so do I.   They just upgraded all their athletic facilities (thank you Dougie) and it is wonderful.  Great campus and I went to a few NCAA tourney games before she attended and Omaha is a hugely underrated city.   I went to a few BlueJay games and seriously…very impressive and friendly fan base.  Going to MU at CU this year so it should be tons of fun.     And…when I was at MU…I still remember playing Creighton with their behemoth Left handed Center (Benoit) who was drafted by the Clippers and immediately went south…

Frankly…i fricken hate Villanova and Georgetown.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2015, 06:50:52 PM »
Creighton…for multiple reasons…first and foremost my daughter is a student-athlete currently attending and she loves the school and so do I.   They just upgraded all their athletic facilities (thank you Dougie) and it is wonderful.  Great campus and I went to a few NCAA tourney games before she attended and Omaha is a hugely underrated city.   I went to a few BlueJay games and seriously…very impressive and friendly fan base.  Going to MU at CU this year so it should be tons of fun.     And…when I was at MU…I still remember playing Creighton with their behemoth Left handed Center (Benoit) who was drafted by the Clippers and immediately went south…

Frankly…i fricken hate Villanova and Georgetown.

Not my experience with Creighton fans, and eff McFlopper.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2015, 07:10:29 PM »
Nova, was a big Scottie Reynolds fan when he was there. As much as I make fun of Jay Wright now for his fake ran he's still a damn good coach.

I still hate Scottie Reynolds, he terrorized MU at will.  My senior year of HS and Freshman year at MU I established that he and Harangody would be my least favorite BE players ever.  And that still holds true. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2015, 07:18:37 PM »
I still hate Scottie Reynolds, he terrorized MU at will.  My senior year of HS and Freshman year at MU I established that he and Harangody would be my least favorite BE players ever.  And that still holds true.

That was still before Marquette was on my radar. Didn't make the decision to apply to MU until like September of my senior year of high school.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2015, 11:33:49 PM »
None.

They are the enemy.

Liking the enemy is a sacrilege.

You burn in hell for liking the enemy.

Go Warriors.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2015, 12:06:12 AM »
I've liked Georgetown since I've been a college basketball fan, Villanova has been the true flagship of the "new" Big East, but I just had to go with Xavier.  They've stepped up big time with the move to the Big East, and are now looking as if they'll be more important to the conference than Georgetown.  I just had to get over them beating our brains out when we were with them in the Great Midwest.

Funny, but back in Al's day they were considered the ultimate cupcake.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2015, 07:23:24 AM »
No love for the Johnnies here.  Is it the NY thing?

BlindboyPatSmith

• Starter
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2015, 08:43:49 AM »
Is this like "Sophie's Choice"  I would have happily clicked the NONE OF THE ABOVE button....

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2015, 09:21:29 AM »
I picked X, but I like Georgetown, Butler and X a lot.  Nova has always bugged me.  But I root for every BE team in OOC.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2015, 11:56:45 AM »

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2015, 11:59:54 AM »
Funny you bring this up... it was my interactions with Butler fans in Maui that put them to the top of the list.  Though this was pre-C7, we all had a sneaking suspicion that Butler was going to end up in the Big East at some point, so maybe they were just sucking up.

Dinner tonight with the parents of the kid who hit the half court shot at half time during the tourney to win $20K.  Great kid and easy to root for Butler.

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2015, 12:01:32 PM »
None.

They are the enemy.

Liking the enemy is a sacrilege.

You burn in hell for liking the enemy.

Go Warriors.

I'm quite certain that all of these teams are evil and must be destroyed...

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2015, 12:05:35 PM »
My small, Catholic grade school in Arlington Hts., IL used the G-Town Bulldog as their mascot.  I've liked them forever.

Did you know that a famous MU grad (and great friend of Chris Farley) is pastor at St. James??

Fr. Matt Foley

Pastor

I’ve been pastor at St. James since August 2013. My ministry is to be a servant leader and I look forward to praying and serving the people of St. James each day. I see the energy of Christ in the incredible ministry of faith in action at St. James. While I was born in Milwaukee, my family moved to Libertyville, Illinois when I was 13. When I grew older, I attended Marquette and the University of St. Mary of the Lake Seminary.

My favorite bible quote is from Psalm 118: 24. It states “This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.”

You might be surprised to know that I’m one of seven brothers and sisters. What’s more, I have quite a diverse background. From 1989 to 1994, I served as Associate Pastor of St. Agatha in Chicago’s North Lawndale Community. From 1994 to 2000, I was pastor of Santiago Apostol Mission in Quechultenango, Guerrero Mexico. From 2000 to 2008, I served as pastor at St. Agnes of Bohemia in Chicago’s Little Village Community. I even served as U.S. Army Chaplain during 4 combat deployments to Afghanistan from 2008 to 2013.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2015, 01:02:54 PM »
Did you know that a famous MU grad (and great friend of Chris Farley) is pastor at St. James??

Fr. Matt Foley

Pastor

I’ve been pastor at St. James since August 2013. My ministry is to be a servant leader and I look forward to praying and serving the people of St. James each day. I see the energy of Christ in the incredible ministry of faith in action at St. James. While I was born in Milwaukee, my family moved to Libertyville, Illinois when I was 13. When I grew older, I attended Marquette and the University of St. Mary of the Lake Seminary.

My favorite bible quote is from Psalm 118: 24. It states “This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.”

You might be surprised to know that I’m one of seven brothers and sisters. What’s more, I have quite a diverse background. From 1989 to 1994, I served as Associate Pastor of St. Agatha in Chicago’s North Lawndale Community. From 1994 to 2000, I was pastor of Santiago Apostol Mission in Quechultenango, Guerrero Mexico. From 2000 to 2008, I served as pastor at St. Agnes of Bohemia in Chicago’s Little Village Community. I even served as U.S. Army Chaplain during 4 combat deployments to Afghanistan from 2008 to 2013.

Not too bad of a commute from Euclid and US-45.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Benny B

• All American
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

wadesworld

• All American
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback