Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

What Big East School Do You Hate The Most?

Butler
9 (5.7%)
Creighton
16 (10.2%)
DePaul
40 (25.5%)
Georgetown
41 (26.1%)
Marquette
2 (1.3%)
Providence
5 (3.2%)
St. Johns
4 (2.5%)
Seton Hall
12 (7.6%)
Villanova
18 (11.5%)
Xavier
10 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 156

Author Topic: Poll: What Big East School Do You Hate The Most?  (Read 5902 times)

Class71

• All American
Re: Poll: What Big East School Do You Hate The Most?
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2015, 03:51:47 AM »
None since they are in the Big East family.  Need we say more.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2015, 06:09:46 AM »
Georgetown for the reasons noted above, as well as the fact that my annoying brother-in-law went there. But it's kind of a strong dislike as opposed to a real hate. If you can get nostalgic for real hate, it makes you miss Syracuse, Pitt,  Cincy, Loserville and the friggin' Domers.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2015, 07:02:55 AM »
Tough to pick without ND, Louisville or Syracuse on the list

+1

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2015, 07:03:48 AM »
And on the flipside the Butler Dawgs are far and away my favorite after MU.  Friends with kids there.  Long time friend in senior administration. Awesome fieldhouse. Easy, fun road trip.  All good. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2015, 07:08:33 AM »
I'm growing to dislike Georgetown fans, but I always root for their team. Meh.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2015, 10:00:35 AM »
I can't hate any of these schools.

Granted, some Hoyas can be insufferable, but when it comes to elite/condescending attitude to their peers, they're nowhere near the level of Notre Dame.  They might portray an image that they think they're better than the rest of us, but unlike ND, deep down they know damn well their sh|t stinks the same as the rest of us.

DePaul sucks, and sure, they're bringing the conference down; but even if that's worthy of hate, let's direct the hatred to the sole deserving party - JLP - not the institution.  Hopefully the boondoggle works out and their new arena lights some sort of fire under the program.

The most ill I harbor for any of these schools is Xavier, which stems from Holloway only being suspended one game for his role in and comments after the Crosstown Brawl.  But it's not enough ill to cause me to vote for anyone in the poll.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2015, 10:06:30 AM »
Creighton, their fans were cocksuckers in the BC. Right up there with Dayton-esque entitlement.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2015, 10:39:35 AM »
St. John's. Was fortunate enough to travel to MSG for Vander Blue's Superconference-clinching floater in 2013. Trash fans, underachieving, overhyped team led by underachieving, overhyped coach (Lavin). Even my cabbie on the way to the airport shat all over the Johnnies ("Everyone at that school is dumbass kid from New Jersey. No respect. Every other word f**k this f**k that f**king f**king f**king. I'm glad you beat them.") In signing Chris Mullin, my first reaction was the classic Onion article "Fans admit they have no idea why they want former player with no coaching experience to coach team." Reliving the dreams of past glories.

I also hate how at least in some corners, they're "The Big Team" in the conference and seem to get a ton of TV attention even though they've only made the Tournament twice in the last 15 years (2002 berth vacated by NCAA). That cache is only because they play in NYC and Madison Square Garden, where they share the unique honor of being the THIRD-most highly attended basketball team AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN.

2014-15 Average Attendance
NBA- Knicks (19,812)
WNBA- Liberty (9,159)
NCAA- St. John's (7,463)

/rant
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2015, 10:50:02 AM »

DePaul sucks, and sure, they're bringing the conference down; but even if that's worthy of hate, let's direct the hatred to the sole deserving party - JLP - not the institution.  Hopefully the boondoggle works out and their new arena lights some sort of fire under the program.

True, JLP is at the center of DePaul's mediocrity.  But school leadership has given her way too much time to show she can be competent, and she has failed over and over again.  Eventually, it's on the school to do something about it.

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2015, 10:55:25 AM »
I'm with PTM.  Only fans I have had bad experience with, they remind me of Madison and ND fans
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

21rooster

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2015, 11:24:13 AM »
Nutter. Gonzalez. Seton Hall all the way.

I hate DePaul like I hate clowns. They don't bother me from afar, but up close they can get pretty scary.

I was wondering if anyone else would remember Nutter.  I will always hate Seton Hall because of Nutter.  No contest. 

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2015, 11:54:09 AM »
Bring in Dayton, then the question might be easier.

+1 for Dayton

Marqevans

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2015, 01:56:11 PM »
Creighton! Still hold a grudge for them beating us on our home court in the early 70's.  Al coined the term " The Creighton delay"

• All American
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2015, 01:59:37 PM »
No conference opponent can hold a candle to the loathing for Wisconsin and Notre Dame. Hell, these teams don't even approach the fire for Louisville, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, and the Pittsnoggle/Huggins-led West Virginia in the old Superconference days.

Hate will come. Familiarity breeds contempt. Even last year, I muttered under my breath while watching a game "I am getting sick and tired of losing to Butler all the time..." (1-3 since the Tourney Win. 2-4 in the 21st Century.)
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2015, 04:30:04 PM »
Creighton, their fans were cocksuckers in the BC. Right up there with Dayton-esque entitlement.

So much this. They were god awful. Really sad I missed the Carlino buzzer beater game last year. Never got a chance to rub it in their smug faces. Very Louisville esque.

On the flip side, Nebraska football fans are the nicest fans/people in general of any sports team I have ever seen.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 04:31:46 PM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

jsheim

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2015, 05:05:54 PM »
I voted Villanova due to Archie...he bugs me. 

Having said that I don't dislike any program really.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2015, 06:22:02 PM »
None. I'm proud of the "Catholic 7" and appreciative for the rest for joining.

It's a story of solidarity against power that doesn't get the attention it deserves.
We Are Marquette

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2015, 11:32:41 PM »
I'm a DePaul alum and I voted for them. I hate them for being so bad.

I agree completely.  I didn't go to DePaul, but I'm from the Chicago area, and was at MU in the late seventies when DePaul was an awesome rival.  I truly hate them for deciding mediocrity was okay (except for the women's teams).

Honorable mention mention Seton Hall for much the same reasons, but they at least try to be good.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2015, 11:35:28 PM »
GTown.  They had to be dragged into the Catholic 7.  They think they are better than everyone else.  They're wrong.

Academically, they're not wrong.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2015, 11:39:07 PM »
I actually don't hate any of them. Band of Brothers thing.

When I read your post, I immediately thought of DePaul and the scene from Patton when Patton loses it in the field hospital and slaps the soldier with battle fatigue for being a coward.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 12:10:35 AM by Crean to Ann Arbor »

• All American
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2015, 09:44:49 AM »
When I read your post, I immediately thought of DePaul and the scene from Patton when Patton loses it in the field hospital and slaps the soldier with battle fatigue for being a coward.

Every litter has a runt, I suppose.

Hubert Davis

• Starter
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2015, 09:49:58 AM »
Georgetown! They think they’re better than the other schools, including us. Their fans are disrespectful bitches!

F the hoyas.

Go Warriors.

Merry Christmas.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2015, 10:57:05 AM »

You mean this?  :)

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:06:13 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

feedback