collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Do The Bucks End Golden State's Streak Saturday Night?

Yes
15 (65.2%)
No
8 (34.8%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Do The Bucks End Golden State's Streak Saturday Night?  (Read 4016 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Do The Bucks End Golden State's Streak Saturday Night?
« on: December 11, 2015, 10:18:19 PM »
I just watched the end of the Celtics/Golden State.  GS won in double overtime.  Crowder had a three with 5 seconds left in 2OT to tie and missed.

GS played 58 minutes tonight and is now heading to the airport and off to Milwaukee.  They play the Bucks Saturday night.

The Bucks lost in Toronto tonight to the Raptors and are now heading to the airport and off to Milwaukee.

GS is riding a 28 game winning streak (back to last year, 24-0 so far this year).  The record is 33 by the Lakers .... which ended in Milwaukee.  Back then the Bucks had some guy named Lew Alcindor that dropped 39 in that game.

So what chance do you give the Bucks to end the streak?  The Lakers' record streak ended in Milwaukee.

Vote above.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 10:20:31 PM by Heisenberg »

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Do The Bucks End Golden State's Streak Saturday Night?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 06:05:33 PM »
I just watched the end of the Celtics/Golden State.  GS won in double overtime.  Crowder had a three with 5 seconds left in 2OT to tie and missed.

GS played 58 minutes tonight and is now heading to the airport and off to Milwaukee.  They play the Bucks Saturday night.

The Bucks lost in Toronto tonight to the Raptors and are now heading to the airport and off to Milwaukee.

GS is riding a 28 game winning streak (back to last year, 24-0 so far this year).  The record is 33 by the Lakers .... which ended in Milwaukee.  Back then the Bucks had some guy named Lew Alcindor that dropped 39 in that game.

So what chance do you give the Bucks to end the streak?  The Lakers' record streak ended in Milwaukee.

Vote above.

I keep hearing "28 game winning streak going back to last year."  How does that math work out?  They're 24-0.  They won game 1 of the NBA Finals (OT, Kyrie injured his knee), lost games 2 and 3, and then won games 4-6.  That's a 3 game winning streak at the end of last season, plus the 24 game winning streak to start this season.  My math tells me that's 27 wins in a row?

But to answer the question, no, the Bucks do not beat the Warriors tonight.  If there was a time to do it it's tonight.  End of a 7 game road trip, long game last night, (hopefully) no Klay...but the Warriors could be without Curry and Klay and still beat the Bucks.  There is that much of a difference in these 2 teams.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 06:23:40 PM »
I keep hearing "28 game winning streak going back to last year."  How does that math work out?  They're 24-0.  They won game 1 of the NBA Finals (OT, Kyrie injured his knee), lost games 2 and 3, and then won games 4-6.  That's a 3 game winning streak at the end of last season, plus the 24 game winning streak to start this season.  My math tells me that's 27 wins in a row?

But to answer the question, no, the Bucks do not beat the Warriors tonight.  If there was a time to do it it's tonight.  End of a 7 game road trip, long game last night, (hopefully) no Klay...but the Warriors could be without Curry and Klay and still beat the Bucks.  There is that much of a difference in these 2 teams.

Regular season win streak.  They won the last 4 regular season games last year.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 07:07:40 PM »
Regular season win streak.  They won the last 4 regular season games last year.

Ahh now that makes sense.  I've been thinking to myself, "Is this one of those trick questions where the math is just too easy and really I'm doing it all wrong?"
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 08:25:16 PM »
jsglow jr. just texted.  He is at the game, and saw Henry and Cam there.
Have some patience, FFS.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 09:33:56 PM »
Bucks up by 12 with 8:00 to play

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 09:46:20 PM »
Wow. Happy to be wrong twice today.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 09:47:43 PM »
Bucks end the two biggest winning streaks in NBA History.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2015, 09:58:59 PM »

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 11:14:27 PM »

These shirts are great. Good for the Bucks!

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 01:42:30 PM »
These shirts are great. Good for the Bucks!

Good for the Bucks, yes, but those shirts are terrible.  I feel like they would be less embarrassing if they were even currently qualifying for the playoffs.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 03:39:49 PM »
Good for the Bucks, yes, but those shirts are terrible.  I feel like they would be less embarrassing if they were even currently qualifying for the playoffs.

The shirts are awesome. The fact that Lasry was wearing one was even better.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 01:11:40 PM »
I think the shirts are fine where that I think everyone kind of get that it is a joke/for fan fun. I didn't see any real trash talking by the fans, players or media saying we are better than the Warriors. There really wasn't any arrogance behind it besides saying we are stopping the streak. That's at least my point of view. I would think it was worse if a better team who was actually competing against the Warriors had those shirts.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 09:18:00 PM »

GGGG

• All American

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2015, 02:05:31 AM »
I actually think that's pretty classless. Not even a Bucks fan but the Warriors are getting on my effing nerve. Only player I like on that team is Iggy.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2015, 08:28:06 AM »
I actually think that's pretty classless. Not even a Bucks fan but the Warriors are getting on my effing nerve. Only player I like on that team is Iggy.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2015, 09:01:56 AM »
Knew there was a reason I never posted on here after going to bars. Oops.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2015, 10:54:26 AM »
Meh. It is what the Bucks are. They play hard against the Cavs and Warriors and then go out to strip clubs when they're going to be playing the Lakers and show no effort whatsoever. Warriors are really fun to watch, but for them to be upset about a team celebrating is beyond ludicrous. Curry dances around after left handed layups as if making an off hand layup in the NBA is some kind of minor miracle, and Draymond never stops chirping plus does his stupid double arm flex after and ones. He might be the biggest clown in the NBA. If you're going to be yelling at a team all game about how they're going to fold, don't be surprised when someone stares down your bench after they put the nail in the coffin.

Spurs vs. Warriors should be a fun series. Spurs are having the quietest great start to a season I can ever remember. Just how Pop wants it, I'm sure.

The keys to beating the Warriors are to not overplay Curry and to make Curry defend. If MCW can take it to you to the point of having to switch the defensive matchup, you've got some problems. And they're so good because teams hedge out to half court and then send a 3rd defender when Curry splits that, and they can all shoot.  Curry's going to hit some well contested shots anyways, you need to stay home on their other shooters, especially Klay who becomes useless the second he has to dribble the ball once.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2015, 01:32:13 PM »

It's the same level of class as a 24-1 shirt.  It's professional sports and it's the NBA in December.