collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The good old days on 10S Schroeder  (Read 7660 times)

real chili 83

• All American
The good old days on 10S Schroeder
« on: November 09, 2015, 10:52:50 PM »
Found these fliers in a box tonight.

The November party was memorable as Mike B, freshman from Thousand Oaks, Ca barfs in the urinal....and washed his mouth out with urinal water...eeeeuuuu. That was the night we had a bug juice machine from Schroeder's cafeteria, and everyone contributed a half pint.....eeeuuuu.

The other flier is memorable as that's the party where we perfected the art of sneaking in 10 kegs up to 10th floor. The cafeteria had a back dock. Bring the kegs in, down the steps to the basement.  Then, the gauntlet....the long hallway past WMUR, the dorm store, to the elevator. Fill the back of the elevator with kegs, pack the front with guys from the floor.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: The good old days on 10S Schroeder
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 10:57:14 PM »
Found these fliers in a box tonight.

The November party was memorable as Mike B, freshman from Thousand Oaks, Ca barfs in the urinal....and washed his mouth out with urinal water...eeeeuuuu. That was the night we had a bug juice machine from Schroeder's cafeteria, and everyone contributed a half pint.....eeeuuuu.

The other flier is memorable as that's the party where we perfected the art of sneaking in 10 kegs up to 10th floor. The cafeteria had a back dock. Bring the kegs in, down the steps to the basement.  Then, the gauntlet....the long hallway past WMUR, the dorm store, to the elevator. Fill the back of the elevator with kegs, pack the front with guys from the floor.

I was from Thousand Oaks, CA directly to MU.  Small world.  Though I'm a bit younger than you or Mike B., I suspect.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 11:03:12 PM »
Mike was an intern with the Cowboys for summer training for a summer job. 

To be fair to Mike, he was a good egg.  Just in over his head that night...and a freshman...hadn't broken in his drinking shoes yet.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 11:05:26 PM »
Mike was an intern with the Cowboys for summer training for a summer job. 

To be fair to Mike, he was a good egg.  Just in over his head that night...and a freshman...hadn't broken in his drinking shoes yet.

Really?  So was I...Thousand Oaks was their training camp home from birth until 1989.  I've been a diehard fan my whole life, and it is also one of the reasons I despise Jerrah Jones to the nth degree.

What high school did this Mike B. go to?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 11:07:15 PM »
Don't recall his HS. He would have been a 1980 HS grad. 

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 08:19:27 AM »

Fellow former 10Ser here (early 00s). Did you guys not have the blue bins used for moving at that time?

Check out the blue bins, put a couple kegs in each, cover with blankets, walk right in to the elevator. We felt like we were really sneaky but, in hindsight, the students working the desk had to know what we were doing. I mean, who's moving IN a bunch of stuff on the last day of class?

Ahh, the good ol' days.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 08:59:11 AM »
I was 9th Floor Schroeder.  We used to routinely bring beer in through the basement also.  Cans passed through the window bars from one person to another.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 12:33:14 PM »
The real men were on Schroeder 10N

Death on call

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 12:36:49 PM »
Glad I missed the Schroeder boat. One year in mccormick was enough to be honest. I enjoyed my time in Straz.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 09:45:59 AM »

I was on Schroeder 8S. We won the intramural football championship and 8N won the intramural basketball championship my sophomore year. When did Schroeder go Co-ed as it was all men in my day?

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 10:43:57 AM »
I was on Schroeder 8S. We won the intramural football championship and 8N won the intramural basketball championship my sophomore year. When did Schroeder go Co-ed as it was all men in my day?
I'm an 8S guy as well, but thank God it was co-ed by the early 80's....
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 02:06:47 PM »
I'm an 8S guy as well, but thank God it was co-ed by the early 80's....

My wife told me that they turned the urinals on her floor into planters with flowers

Death on call

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 02:25:09 PM »
My wife told me that they turned the urinals on her floor into planters with flowers

I was wondering about that.  Heard 10 is now all women.

If the walls could talk.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2015, 12:04:13 AM »
I was wondering about that.  Heard 10 is now all women.

If the walls could talk.

Those were great times, Chili.

I am still pissed off that they painted over all that album art...Pink Floyd Dark Side, Grateful Dead Steal Your Face, Yes Songs, Traffic On The Road...

Those Philistines would paint over the Mona Lisa. Bastards.

Death on call

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2015, 08:25:30 AM »

Well said, Keefe.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2015, 09:16:59 AM »

I am still pissed off that they painted over all that album art...Pink Floyd Dark Side, Grateful Dead Steal Your Face, Yes Songs, Traffic On The Road...

Are the Star Wars murals on 2nd Floor McCormick gone?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2015, 07:42:22 PM »

Hard to believe that floor, 10S in particular produced doctors, dentists, lawyers, judges, and captains of industry.  If those walls could talk. 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2015, 08:45:02 PM »
Hard to believe that floor, 10S in particular produced doctors, dentists, lawyers, judges, and captains of industry.  If those walls could talk.

Hey! And two Colonels! Pete DiSalva made O-6 in the USMC.

Death on call

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2015, 12:54:13 PM »

8S most successful alum was Jim Runde by far.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_A._Runde

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2015, 09:30:20 PM »
i was a mccormick to tower guy but some of the stories we heard out of schroeder were legendary.  did they have moose ball in your day?  then there was the jimmy jones revival festival.  and last but not least, who could convince the first girl to join him in his room for a little escaped jailer and the wardens wife shall we say.  but, you had to provide proof of some sort the mission was accomplished-any questions-read the book. 

my concern was if i had been accepted into schroeder, it probably would have cost me a year or two of brain cells ::)
don't...don't don't don't don't

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2015, 08:58:02 AM »
Chopper from 8th floor had the funniest "proof" of all.  Chopper was "visiting" crazy Mary from the ninth floor and made an audio tape. He used to play it at parties.  "Hey baby, here come the lead pipe" was Chopper's line, in his Jersey accent.

This was nott Mary's most noteable performance.  She managed to get kicked out of dental school for performing at Ricky's on amatuer night. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2015, 11:26:31 AM »
Chopper from 8th floor had the funniest "proof" of all.  Chopper was "visiting" crazy Mary from the ninth floor and made an audio tape. He used to play it at parties.  "Hey baby, here come the lead pipe" was Chopper's line, in his Jersey accent.

This was nott Mary's most noteable performance.  She managed to get kicked out of dental school for performing at Ricky's on amatuer night.

no schmit-that was proud mary!!  she was in my class!  dr. sister tilk(2nd in command of endo dept.) caught wind of prouds extra-academic acitivities.  there were a couple of the doc "teachers" more than willing to lend her a helping hand, sometimes even a lunch date to review the days lessons.  not only ricky's(multiple times), but the last straw was at a frat party where there were many notables.  let's just say the pool table got a little scuffed up. if she would have surfaced at rickys anymore, they were probably going to have to rescind her "amateur" status

our sophomore year, she came walking into school flanked by 3 dark suits and that was the last MUSOD ever saw of her.  well, rumors have it, she re-surfaced at loyola dental(before they closed of course).  then, believe it or not, wound up in a private practice up north which i shall not name, but it is now all public record.  her dental career came to a screeching halt as she threatened the guy serving her with papers-she told him she was going to burn down his office, etc etc  this is all public record, but i'm surprised it took her this long to crash n burn(no pun)  there weerr other extenuating issues also related to behavior patterns and lifestyles but
don't...don't don't don't don't

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2015, 12:20:21 PM »
no schmit-that was proud mary!!  she was in my class!  dr. sister tilk(2nd in command of endo dept.) caught wind of prouds extra-academic acitivities.  there were a couple of the doc "teachers" more than willing to lend her a helping hand, sometimes even a lunch date to review the days lessons.  not only ricky's(multiple times), but the last straw was at a frat party where there were many notables.  let's just say the pool table got a little scuffed up. if she would have surfaced at rickys anymore, they were probably going to have to rescind her "amateur" status

our sophomore year, she came walking into school flanked by 3 dark suits and that was the last MUSOD ever saw of her.  well, rumors have it, she re-surfaced at loyola dental(before they closed of course).  then, believe it or not, wound up in a private practice up north which i shall not name, but it is now all public record.  her dental career came to a screeching halt as she threatened the guy serving her with papers-she told him she was going to burn down his office, etc etc  this is all public record, but i'm surprised it took her this long to crash n burn(no pun)  there weerr other extenuating issues also related to behavior patterns and lifestyles but

She was kicked out of Dental School for dancing at Rickey's?

Death on call

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2015, 01:04:16 PM »
That's what I heard....had two roommates in dental school at the same time.  Sturgeon, we probably have a couple of mutual acquaintances if you know Mary.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:09:51 PM by real chili 83 »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2015, 01:48:04 PM »
If they were in Delt Sig, ya gotta ax 'em 'bout the water skiin' flicks, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"