'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Remember the Titans video  (Read 14518 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: New Remember the Titans video
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2015, 10:32:47 AM »
My disappointment with this one is that they took away the clear, definitive moment for everyone to clap for the '77 championship.  In past years, they've gone straight to Al crying on the bench, and the students knew to applaud.  With this version, there are three or four different scenes, with no clarity as to which is "the moment" for everyone to make some noise.

They're starting to wean the students from applauding 1977 so they will have all their applause in store by the time 2017-18 season's video is released that shows the 2017 championship.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2015, 10:42:53 AM »
Don't be a jerk. You don't know anything about me. I would put my knowledge of Marquette and Marquette basketball history up against anyone my age.

Obviously I wrote it awkwardly but I obviously know wtf we won and why there would be a parade.

If I offended, I apologize.  I'm not suggesting that you don't know who Butch is and was merely teasing you about your inartful word choice.  The rest of my comments reflect a more general 'sad state of affairs' and were not directed at you.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2015, 10:48:57 AM »
My disappointment with this one is that they took away the clear, definitive moment for everyone to clap for the '77 championship.  In past years, they've gone straight to Al crying on the bench, and the students knew to applaud.  With this version, there are three or four different scenes, with no clarity as to which is "the moment" for everyone to make some noise.

Uh, if Bo Ellis shooting his head and shoulders through the rim, the Marquette UNC scoreboard and Curt Gowdy exclaiming that "Marquette has just won the national championship," isn't enough of a cue, then the students and fans should NOT be entitled to a Marquette degree!

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2015, 11:19:38 AM »
Uh, if Bo Ellis shooting his head and shoulders through the rim, the Marquette UNC scoreboard and Curt Gowdy exclaiming that "Marquette has just won the national championship," isn't enough of a cue, then the students and fans should NOT be entitled to a Marquette degree!

You can barely hear the Gowdy cut! How could anyone understand it if they don't watch the video on youtube.

Also there used to be a solid 30 seconds of 77' tape, now there is just the quick shot of Al and Bo.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2015, 11:52:28 AM »
You can barely hear the Gowdy cut! How could anyone understand it if they don't watch the video on youtube.

Also there used to be a solid 30 seconds of 77' tape, now there is just the quick shot of Al and Bo.

Well, the team has been around for 99 years.  I think 1977 gets its share of time.

I wouldn't be surprised if cutting down that part was a conscious decision.  I don't MU fans to be about 1977 the way Bear fans are regarding 1985.  Let's honor the past, but expect equally great accomplishments in the future.
Have some patience, FFS.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2015, 12:56:09 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if cutting down that part was a conscious decision.  I don't MU fans to be about 1977 the way Bear fans are regarding 1985.  Let's honor the past, but expect equally great accomplishments in the future.

I hope this is the case. I love the history of the program, but having Al on the front and back of our jerseys is a bit much.