[June 17, 2024, 08:36:32 PM]

Miletic Commits by Pakuni
[June 17, 2024, 04:37:03 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by The Equalizer
[June 17, 2024, 12:55:56 PM]

NBA green room by muwarrior97
[June 17, 2024, 12:30:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Remember the Titans video  (Read 14517 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: New Remember the Titans video
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2015, 05:24:51 PM »
video is okay...willie and i prefer the ted cruz machine gun bacon video though.  wojo needs to step up.
willie slurpper, hey?
Goal is National Championship

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2015, 05:34:23 PM »
The ending is weak.  Best part about the old video was going back and forth between Wade and some of the old timers dunking.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2015, 05:38:04 PM »
So much history... so many great players...

I agree though, it didn't really "end" well.  It just kind of concluded.

At some point, the Remember the Titans theme will need to be on repeat for a good 5-7 minutes -for all of the great Marquette players will pass along. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2015, 05:39:44 PM »

At some point, the Remember the Titans theme will need to be on repeat for a good 5-7 minutes -for all of the great Marquette players will pass along.

Get rid of bill chandler for starters
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2015, 07:14:26 PM »
2) Ouch that Jimmy Mac got bumped and Efford stayed in it, anyone care to explain that one to me? I thought Mac was the guy of the 90s.

Mac is in there, dunking against UAB.

My only complaint is that they seem to have more still pics and fewer video clips.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 07:15:59 PM by GooooMarquette »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2015, 07:26:54 PM »
Get rid of bill chandler for starters

Why?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2015, 07:51:14 PM »

Why?

Badger, losing record, had three seasons (maybe four if you consider 12-5 good) you could objectively call good. Pick which one you'd like to debate. As far as I'm concerned MU bball started in 1955 we had no NIT or NCAA appearances before that and only a couple decent seasons.
Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2015, 07:55:58 PM »
Badger, losing record, had three seasons (maybe four if you consider 12-5 good) you could objectively call good. Pick which one you'd like to debate. As far as I'm concerned MU bball started in 1955 we had no NIT or NCAA appearances before that and only a couple decent seasons.

But it didn't start then.  And he's a "Badger" because he played football at UW...and you're discounting his 21 years as coach?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2015, 08:02:32 PM »

He was also one of the people who created the NCAA tournament.

We couldn't have won it if it didn't exist.
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2015, 08:20:31 PM »
But it didn't start then.  And he's a "Badger" because he played football at UW...and you're discounting his 21 years as coach?

He played basketball there to. If we hired an ex badger, who was also on the badger coaching staff as an assistant now days we'd sh*t a brick I mean now days we'd be laughed out of any decent conference for keeping a coach with his record around for 21yrs. That's fine it didn't start then but then our 1930s name should be Raymond Morstadt who led the team in scoring for two of Chandler's three good teams.

He was also one of the people who created the NCAA tournament.

We couldn't have won it if it didn't exist.

I'm sure some other genius would've come along and made it. It's like the new big east, sure larry williams was instrumental but I'm sure it would've happened one way or another. 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 08:47:38 PM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2015, 08:27:02 PM »
He played basketball there to. If we hired an ex badger, who was on the badger coaching staff as an assistant now days we'd sh*t a brick

I wouldn't.  Who cares?  Furthermore you keep discounting the fact that he was here for 21 seasons. 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 08:28:39 PM by The Sultan of Sunshine »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2015, 08:40:51 PM »

I wouldn't.  Who cares?  Furthermore you keep discounting the fact that he was here for 21 seasons.

and of those 21 seasons he posted winning records 8 times (less that half the years he was here), then because we consider the 13-14 season to have been a terrible year winning 60% of our games, you can agree that the three 11-7 and one 11-8 seasons can't really be considered successful. So really once every five years he had a good season.

11- 7    
11- 8    
14- 3    
15- 4    
11- 7
14- 5    
12- 5
11- 7

Frank Murray was here for 9 years and put up 3 amazing seasons all of which were better than Chandler's and left with a winning record. I'd put him up over Chandler.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 08:44:17 PM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2015, 10:11:09 PM »

Luckily the remember the Titans theme actually lasts for 7 minutes

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2015, 09:00:28 PM »
Much better, but....

Can't someone fact check the thing?  They continue to have Jim Chones in the 1960's decade when he played in the 1970's.  It was wrong on the old video and it's still wrong.

Bumping this to acknowledge that at the Grambling State game I noticed that Jim Chones has been moved from the 1960's to the 1970's.  FINALLY!!!  I will take credit for this one...someone at Marquette must be reading MUScoop!!!

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2015, 11:46:43 AM »
I suppose I'm in the minority here but I really don't prefer this one over years past. A lot less highlights and more stills/pics. Looks more hastily put together. Used to look forward to seeing the same highlights to the music, always well edited. Also the video seems shorter in general and doesn't end strongly.

I do enjoy a few of the new additions, such as the quick video of Butch riding in some sort of parade. Would love to see more footage like that.

Need to honor the great legacy we have of our coaches more in this video as well. Just my 2 cents.

I always make sure to get to the BC in time for this video, as it is one of my favorite moments.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2015, 12:18:13 PM »

I do enjoy a few of the new additions, such as the quick video of Butch riding in some sort of parade.

Some sort of parade?  yeah, I wonder why they would have a parade?  Must have won something.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2015, 12:30:08 PM »
3) It really ticks me off that the first name mentioned is a Badger, with a losing record. Who, outside of three years out of twenty, really sucked as a head coach.

Well... he was MU's coach for two decades.  That's got to be worth something considering that it wasn't all about winning back in the day.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2015, 12:36:48 PM »
Some sort of parade?  yeah, I wonder why they would have a parade?  Must have won something.

My thoughts exactly.  I know some of you are young pups but seriously.
Here's the depressing reality from a recent call I got.

Kid: 'Dad, we're doing something with Butch Lee here at OMC!  I might get to work with him on it!'

Me: 'Awesome! Working with DWade and Butch in the same year. Pretty cool.'

Kid: 'Most of the other interns don't know who he is.'

Me: 'You're kidding, right?'

Kid: 'Nope.'

Wow.  Can these kids even be handed a diploma?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:44:58 PM by jsglow »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2015, 01:54:02 PM »

Kid: 'Dad, we're doing something with Butch Lee here at OMC!  I might get to work with him on it!'

Is your kid working amongst a bunch of interns from UW-Parkside?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2015, 06:32:44 PM »

Darn, need to call Butch today, tell him he needs to get to campus I mean some sort of parade and this...... :P :P
Goal is National Championship

MUFlutieEffect

• Team Captain
    • The Flutie Effect
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2015, 06:41:11 PM »
My disappointment with this one is that they took away the clear, definitive moment for everyone to clap for the '77 championship.  In past years, they've gone straight to Al crying on the bench, and the students knew to applaud.  With this version, there are three or four different scenes, with no clarity as to which is "the moment" for everyone to make some noise.
The Flutie Effect: "A significant and positive correlation between a university having a successful team and higher quality of incoming freshmen, alumni donations, and graduation rates."

- The Economist, January 3rd, 2007

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2015, 12:43:22 AM »

Well I obviously know what they won, but I have no idea if they had a parade on campus, in Milwaukee, if it was just a few cars riding back from the airport...

There are rarely stories told about that sort of thing that I have seen. And I do my best to learn as much Marquette history as possible.

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2015, 12:45:41 AM »

Don't be a jerk. You don't know anything about me. I would put my knowledge of Marquette and Marquette basketball history up against anyone my age.

Obviously I wrote it awkwardly but I obviously know wtf we won and why there would be a parade.

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2015, 12:47:21 AM »
My disappointment with this one is that they took away the clear, definitive moment for everyone to clap for the '77 championship.  In past years, they've gone straight to Al crying on the bench, and the students knew to applaud.  With this version, there are three or four different scenes, with no clarity as to which is "the moment" for everyone to make some noise.

Yes, this as well.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2015, 10:01:51 AM »
Don't be a jerk. You don't know anything about me. I would put my knowledge of Marquette and Marquette basketball history up against anyone my age.

Obviously I wrote it awkwardly but I obviously know wtf we won and why there would be a parade.

lol