collapse

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Is Buzz having players write letters too?  (Read 4671 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: Is Buzz having players write letters too?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 04:51:50 PM »
Tan Tommy is losing it.

Will he still be in Bloomington in April?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 09:09:06 PM »
I am confident the ghosts of Hoosier Hoops Past will see through this exercise for the charade that it truly is and cement the Bronze Beast's reputation as a charlatan among the IU greats.

Who will ever forget Tanned Tommy's clumsy attempt to greet Bobby Knight as some sort of equal in a form of symbolic torch passing? Knight's disdain for Crean was palpable. What is genuinely pathetic is that the Bronze Beast of Bloomington really doesn't get it.

Death on call

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 10:51:03 PM »
The highlight there is Dan Shulman trying to direct Crean in a different direction.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 11:25:41 PM »
Tan Tommy is losing it.

Will he still be in Bloomington in April?

You predicted 2 years ago he was out, and last year he was out.   What's your guess?

:)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 04:02:28 AM »
You predicted 2 years ago he was out, and last year he was out.   What's your guess?

:)

I keep thinking Indiana wants to be good. For that to happen he has to go.

So I predict he got this year. And if not I predict he's out next year.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 08:55:41 AM »
I'm kind of curious why this is even a story right now....the letters were written in August and was reported in August. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 09:32:10 AM »
Virginia Tech doesn't have a storied history to live up to.   It doesn't have legends whose legacy is being smeared.    Now what would be funny is if when Crean leaves IU, the Hoosiers hire Buzz.   For the high moral character he would bring to restore the program.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 09:50:20 AM »

Ballsy prediction......

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 10:12:38 AM »
I am confident the ghosts of Hoosier Hoops Past will see through this exercise for the charade that it truly is and cement the Bronze Beast's reputation as a charlatan among the IU greats.

Who will ever forget Tanned Tommy's clumsy attempt to greet Bobby Knight as some sort of equal in a form of symbolic torch passing? Knight's disdain for Crean was palpable. What is genuinely pathetic is that the Bronze Beast of Bloomington really doesn't get it.

Don't know what worst, the Cost Cutters' haircut or the chit eatin' grin? The schmuck has made a fortune blowin' his own horn and pullin' the chit over people's eyes, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 11:17:51 AM »
The highlight there is Dan Shulman trying to direct Crean in a different direction.

Schulman cleared a hole for Knight like he was Jerry Kramer in the Ice Bowl.

What I love is Tanned Tommy's goofy expression at the end...it's like he just got his first handjob from Mary Jane Rottencrotch behind her parent's garage. 

Death on call

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 11:23:41 AM »
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2015, 11:28:04 PM »

Well, one year you are going to be right.

I'd argue the years of being great are over.  They are good, they just aren't great.  They weren't great at the end of Knight's tenure either and haven't been great in the 20 years since. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2015, 06:46:56 AM »
Well, one year you are going to be right.

I'd argue the years of being great are over.  They are good, they just aren't great.  They weren't great at the end of Knight's tenure either and haven't been great in the 20 years since.

It takes a pretty great team to go to the National Title game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2015, 11:31:06 AM »

You mean...a team with not one but TWO top five lottery NBA draft choices???

A squad thusly gifted should easily reach that last evening of the college basketball season. It is amazing that a team with Zeller and Oladipo would only reach the Title Game. Frankly, I would think that level of talent should be cutting down the nets.

Death on call

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2015, 11:36:01 AM »

A squad thusly gifted should easily reach that last evening of the college basketball season. It is amazing that a team with Zeller and Oladipo would only reach the Title Game. Frankly, I would think that level of talent should be cutting down the nets.

They did. At home. After a loss.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2015, 12:13:27 PM »

After midnight.

Death on call

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2015, 05:46:40 PM »

No, I meant that Indiana actually has been great in the last 20 years given the fact that in the last 20 years they have played in a National Title game.  But I forgot, we can't count that year because they had a coach that was coaching players he inherited from the previous coach.  So you can't count it because the first coach couldn't get the job done with his kids and the 2nd coach wasn't using his own kids to get there.  The logic of Chicos...anything to defend his boyfriend.

Outstanding!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2015, 06:58:55 PM »
Wonderful gesture for Crean to use cancer patients to punish his players by demanding they visit at 6:30 a.m.

What is lesson there?

Next thing you know, he'll wheel out a helpless, motionless, speechless grown man and use him as a prop for a post game press conference. Only after a win, of course.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2015, 10:02:27 PM »

Next thing you know, he'll wheel out a helpless, motionless, speechless grown man and use him as a prop for a post game press conference. Only after a win, of course.

One of the single most uncomfortable and strange moments in sports...

Good Lord but Crean is completely clueless...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TsfELG98G18" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TsfELG98G18</a>

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2015, 10:36:21 AM »

Not always.  It takes a hot team, or a lucky team, or a bit of both.

Butler...twice.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2015, 12:23:56 PM »
Not always.  It takes a hot team, or a lucky team, or a bit of both.

Butler...twice.

Those Butler squads were great teams and successful because they were exceptionally well coached. Stevens' performance in those seasons epitomized the essence of basketball leadership - recruiting to a plan, melding 12 individuals into one, meticulous game planning which produced straightforward and effective strategies, and the ability to adjust to shifting flows within a game.

More importantly, Stevens did all of this with dignity and integrity.

Compare that with Tanned Tommy. He has recruited far better talent to Bloomington than Stevens ever had at Butler. And yet he has never reached the final night because his teams never gel as a unit. He compounds that lack of cohesiveness by manufacturing absurdly complex game plans which inhibit his ability to make in-game adjustments. Sprinkle in his lack of class and you have a tragic comedy playing out annually.

What I don't get is how you cite Butler as an example of luck because I see Stevens' performance as a sterling illustration of what one would want in a head coach.   

But what is truly strange to me is how you try to cheapen or minimize the achievement of a Brad Stevens while championing the magnificence of a Tom Crean. Butler got to the NCAA Championship Game because of Brad Stevens. Indiana will never get there because of Tanned Tommy.

I have to ask: is the Bronze Beast paying you to defend him on Scoop and the IU Board? Either that or he has pictures of you with farm animals.

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2015, 12:37:18 PM »
No, they were good teams with great runs.  They won their first two tournament games by a combined 3 points.  We aren't even having this conversation if one basket difference happens.  Teams don't suddenly become "great" because of one basket, and that's all it takes. 

They had two great runs, that does not make it a great team.  As Al McGuire stated, his championship team was not great, not even close to his best teams, but that one had the run to win it all.  Let's not confuse things.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2015, 12:43:44 PM »
No, they were good teams with great runs.  They won their first two tournament games by a combined 3 points.  We aren't even having this conversation if one basket difference happens.  Teams don't suddenly become "great" because of one basket, and that's all it takes. 

They had two great runs, that does not make it a great team.  As Al McGuire stated, his championship team was not great, not even close to his best teams, but that one had the run to win it all.  Let's not confuse things.

You are worse than the Clintons...

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2015, 12:47:31 PM »
You are worse than the Clintons...

Because I use Al McGuire's own statements?  LOL.

Since you've done nothing but call Hillary a liar the last few months, I'm disappointed in your assault.  To each their own.

Have a great day

feedback