[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Shooter McGavin
[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by El Guerrero 2
[June 14, 2024, 10:37:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tommy article from Forbes.  (Read 3697 times)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: Tommy article from Forbes.
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2015, 06:15:10 PM »
Criticizing Crean for having a player fake contact while having a former Duke player and Coach K acolyte as coach is just a wee bit hypocritical.    I seem to recall a video showing Wojo falling as if shot while trying to take a charge when the offensive player never got within a foot of him.    Crean just got caught on camera telling his player to do exactly what the player was observed doing a moment later.

I think manufacturing a foul is materially different than selling 50/50 contact to a ref. The Duke flops where the defender goes down without contact is absurd. Exaggerating when there is contact has become part of the game.

A coach designing a play to manufacture a flagrant foul is on a whole different level. Crean displayed complete disregard for sportsmanship when drawing up that play in Minnesota.

Death on call

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2015, 11:02:20 PM »
The article is full inanities and psycho - babble. Emotional agility? Really? What a bizarre guy.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2015, 11:17:31 PM »
Criticizing Crean for having a player fake contact while having a former Duke player and Coach K acolyte as coach is just a wee bit hypocritical.    I seem to recall a video showing Wojo falling as if shot while trying to take a charge when the offensive player never got within a foot of him.    Crean just got caught on camera telling his player to do exactly what the player was observed doing a moment later.

Yup

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2015, 11:20:24 PM »
Yet since Tanned Thomas got there, It's Indiana has yet to make a Regional Final while Michigan has been to 2 and has been to a National Title game.

Entertaining, indeed.

Thomas left MU because he had reached the highest peek possible at Marquette, while there was no ceiling at It's Indiana, It's Indiana.  Fact of the matter is, an all world player fell into his hands at Marquette and completely carried him to a Final Four.  Other than that, he hasn't done a whole lot of anything noteworthy as a coach (besides having players run each other over after getting behind the wheel of a car after having had a few drinks as an 18 year old and a whole lot of kids using marijuana).

For a man that fell into his lap, it's amazing how much love he still shows him daily.  Weird.  At any rate, I'm always happy to know your nickname here would not have happened without the coach you despise so much.

And yes, Michigan has done very well.  IU, well they haven't done well in two decades plus.  The most consistent they have been is the last 4 years, but they still have a long way to go if they are to ever get back to what they were, which I don't think they will.  Even Bobby Knight sucked it hard the last half decade there, when he wasn't choking players, throwing plants at secretaries, kicking people, etc. 

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2015, 12:29:10 PM »
"People often ask me, “What’s the secret to being a successful basketball coach or executive?” Truth is that there is no secret, but rather a skill that separates great leaders from mediocre ones, that’s the ability to focus and make the best move when there are no good moves left."

Let's see...

Signing Trend, Ammo, Mortensen, Kinsella, Hazel, Berkowitz...

"Making moves" with Saunders...

Not capitalizing on a Final Four...

Am I missing any?

EDIT:

"The second is his ability to empathize with teammates, coaching staff members and anyone he interacts with on a day-to-day basis."

Sure didn't empathize with his players when they heard he was leaving MU via media first.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 12:31:29 PM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

feedback