Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Brendan Bailey picks MU!  (Read 24934 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: Brendan Bailey picks MU!
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2015, 11:58:46 AM »
Did you like it?  I thought it was good, but I was a little disappointed, based on the amount of hype it gets.  I saw "A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder" shortly after seeing "Book of Mormon" and liked it better.  Probably because no expectations going in.

It was the traveling version of show at The Shubert in New Haven.  I liked it.  The second act was much funnier.  You can definitely see the South Park humor in it.  Based on audience reactions for some parts, there were plenty of people not aware of the co-creators sense of humor.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2015, 12:24:29 PM »

That is exactly the case.  Only allowed to call home twice a year and have no access to the internet.

Thanks Sultan for the update +1

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2015, 12:28:15 PM »
Wrong.

MU doesn't give 4-year scholarships, so technically we have 13 total to give out for next year.

I would expect that many of those scholarships will go to returning players, but none are guaranteed.

I know many don't like to think about it that way--but that's the reality of the situation in this age of transfers. Wojo (or any other D1 coach) simply isn't under some artificial "only 1 scholarship left" restriction on his recruiting--so its incorrect to try an tally the numbers and pretend that he is.  If he finds two more players he wants to bring in, he'll sign them--even if we have "only 1 scholarship for next year".

Actually, you can only oversign by 1 player, so there is nothing artificial about the restriction on Wojo's recruiting.  He doesn't have to keep it to just 13, but there is a very real number he has to stay at or under.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2015, 02:28:23 PM »
Gonna suck having to wait til 2018 to see the kid play in a MU uniform but should be totally worth it. Great snag by Wojo.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2015, 02:43:47 PM »
Wow - the story in the Deseret News is pretty remarkable. Whatever year the kid gets here, he should be a high-quality addition to the program and the University.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2015, 02:51:36 PM »
Great get, overjoyed to land Bailey. Only looks good on paper the next couple years, but I fully expect him to end up here in 2018. Hopefully just the first of many for Stan.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2015, 10:37:20 PM »
Great get. Nice to see Wojo still has the recruiting mojo!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2015, 07:48:15 AM »
The potentially very positive piece of this is that he will have two more years for his body to mature and then MU gets him.  So long as he hits the weights wherever he is, once he shakes the rust off he will be a ready to roll 20 year old.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2015, 09:02:08 AM »
This is so far away I wonder if Wojo will be around much less a top quality assistant coach like Stan Johnson,  I would hold my breath on this one. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2015, 09:03:36 AM »
This is so far away I wonder if Wojo will be around much less a top quality assistant coach like Stan Johnson,  I would hold my breath on this one.

Good thing he signs his NLI next month.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2015, 09:04:27 AM »
Good thing he signs his NLI next month.

Which they would promptly let him out of with a coaching change.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2015, 09:04:32 AM »
Wojo must of told him he would be here.

source?

• All American
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2015, 09:40:30 AM »

I mean, if we can't keep a coach in the program fro 4 years should we even bother having a program? Time to close up shop, boys.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2015, 10:05:17 AM »
I mean, if we can't keep a coach in the program fro 4 years should we even bother having a program? Time to close up shop, boys.

Let's not get dramatic.

Boeheim is being pushed, Roy Boy is getting disciplined, Rick is a pimp, K is energized but near 70, etc. crap is going to happen in the 30 months until Bailey walks through those doors so you can't blame any MU fan for having a nonchalant interest(oxy) in this commitment.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2015, 10:13:02 AM »

If wojo is gone within two years we probably have a national title added to our collection.

I'll take that.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2015, 11:00:41 AM »

Not about holding a coach, Marquette is a second tier program. If Duke calls Wojo, he'd be foolish not to listen. Just like Indiana when Crean was called.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2015, 11:10:01 AM »
Not about holding a coach, Marquette is a second tier program. If Duke calls Wojo, he'd be foolish not to listen. Just like Indiana when Crean was called.

You got that last one the wrong way around.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2015, 11:28:47 AM »

Duke won't be calling Wojo before 2018.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2015, 11:51:23 AM »
Pretty sure the NLI won't be binding when he returns from his mission and is largely symbolic. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2015, 12:25:33 PM »
Pretty sure the NLI won't be binding when he returns from his mission and is largely symbolic.

Well it *should* keep other coaches from bugging him for the rest of this year, and then they shouldn't be a problem the next couple years.

Though...I'm actually betting he forgoes his mission.  Just a hunch (no details or facts).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 12:30:34 PM by rocky_warrior »

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2015, 12:35:34 PM »
Well it *should* keep other coaches from bugging him for the rest of this year, and then they shouldn't be a problem the next couple years.

Though...I'm actually betting he forgoes his mission.  Just a hunch (no details or facts).

Could use BD on this one

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2015, 12:36:36 PM »
I'd be very surprised if Bailey doesn't go on his mission.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2015, 01:23:39 PM »
Why so sour today, eso and sultan?

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2015, 01:55:03 PM »
Couple comments:

- no other coaches will be recruiting Bailey; no contact with outside world.

- i agree Bailey will be more mentally focused as a 20 year old; but I can't picture him "hitting the weights" too aggressively. I could be wrong though.

- the LOI is more of a good will gesture. I believe the Vadgers had a RB commit under their previous coach & when he left the RB didn't find out for awhile since they can't communicate outside of parents

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2015, 01:55:36 PM »
With how involved his father is with the LDS church, I would be very surprised if Brendan didn't go on his mission

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/460030429/Thurl-Baileys-wonderful-life.html?pg=all
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback