Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Brendan Bailey picks MU!  (Read 24933 times)

Nukem2

• All American
Re: Brendan Bailey picks MU!
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2015, 03:47:26 PM »
I'm not an expert on NLI's, but my source is pretty reliant when it comes to these things.  Take that for what you will, but I do want to point out that Rocky is citing the NLI's website while Nukem2 is citing a third-party "recruiting services" site.  One other nugget:

Maybe I was a bit off in my hyperbole of 2028, but the rest appears to be true.
www.nationalletter.org

Look at under NLI Provisions re making an NLI null and void.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2015, 04:02:56 PM »
www.nationalletter.org

Look at under NLI Provisions re making an NLI null and void.

It appears (if it were clear I doubt we'd be debating this), that it's up to Bailey if he wants to invoke the One Year Rule.

One-Year Absence.  This NLI shall be declared null and void if I have not attended any institution (two-year or four-year) for at least one academic year, provided my request for athletics financial aid for a subsequent fall term is denied by the signing institution. Service in active duty with the U.S. armed forces or an official church mission for at least 12 months can use the One-Year Absence to null and void the NLI. I may still apply this provision if I initially enrolled in an NLI member institution but have been absent for at least one academic year. To apply this provision, I must file with the appropriate conference office a statement from the director of athletics that such athletics financial aid will not be available for the requested fall term.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2015, 12:05:13 AM »
The first sentence of that paragraph is quite clear that the one year absence rule is only available if the institution doesn't honor the scholarship in a subsequent year.

It's up to MU, not Bailey.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

feedback