collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: cc sabathia enters alcohol rehab  (Read 1219 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
cc sabathia enters alcohol rehab
« on: October 05, 2015, 05:00:15 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/06/sports/yankees-cc-sabathia-enters-alcohol-rehab-will-miss-playoffs.html?_r=0 

either he surrendered or the team or wife or other family gave him an offer he couldn't refuse, but powerful as the team is entering the playoffs

wishing him well!
don't...don't don't don't don't

wadesworld

• All American
Re: cc sabathia enters alcohol rehab
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 05:34:50 PM »
Hoping he can turn things around.  He completely carried the Brewers to the Playoffs in his time here.  And he seemed like a good guy.  Maybe the pressure of being a NYY got to him.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 05:38:02 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/06/sports/yankees-cc-sabathia-enters-alcohol-rehab-will-miss-playoffs.html?_r=0 

either he surrendered or the team or wife or other family gave him an offer he couldn't refuse, but powerful as the team is entering the playoffs

wishing him well!

Or he did something pretty bad (DUI, etc) and he's trying to get out in front of it before it breaks to the public.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 10:03:08 PM »
Or he did something pretty bad (DUI, etc) and he's trying to get out in front of it before it breaks to the public.

Could be.  If not, I hope my first thought holds true of being glad he's taking action to deal with this before he does some terrible things.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 11:26:51 PM »
This is an amazing story, given the timing and everything.

Unprecedented, I think. I cannot remember this kind of thing happening to a player on the eve of the postseason in any sport.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 05:48:26 AM »
well, as you can see, he really hasn't been very effective during the regular season.  if things(drinking) are not in order now and getting worse, can't imagine he would be too much of an asset to the team as is.  better off getting better for next year...hmmm, is his contract up then?  my thoughts and prayers are that he gets better-he hasn't been a bad dude as much as i know.  just acknowledges he has a problem and is surrendering-big big 1st step
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 07:16:20 AM »
There was that incident with a fan in Toronto this year.
Another incident where he was getting IV fluid during the game because he was most likely dehydrated from a hangover.
Stories of a 3 day bender in Baltimore.

It's best that he's getting the help he needs.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 07:04:32 PM »
I occasionally read a blind gossip website for grins, and they posted this today.  I wonder who they are talking about?

A recent confession by a professional athlete was actually made to prevent him from being exposed and punished for a more serious problem!

His sport has a drug treatment and prevention plan that they run in conjunction with the union. Pot, coke, etc. are considered “drugs of abuse.” Alcohol is not considered a “drug of abuse.” If an athlete is tested and found to have a “drug of abuse” in his system, he faces a whole host of serious disciplinary actions, including involuntary suspension.

An insider tells us that our Athlete voluntarily “copped to a lesser charge (the alcohol problem)” to avoid being subjected to a drug test – for which he would have certainly tested positive and received harsh disciplinary action, including a suspension.

[Athlete] is a druggie but he copped to a lesser charge (the alcohol) to avoid the drug test and having management and the union publicly come down on him.

Yeah he’ll miss [some big games] but his confession means that now he gets to go away to rehab and come back clean of drugs and alcohol and with no disciplinary action at all being taken against him! He also gets all the support and sympathy of management and the fans and everybody talking about how brave he is to sacrifice [some big games] and deal with his drinking problem! Hahaha. It’s all bullsh*t because he was just really saving his own ass and the team’s ass but that’s the way it goes around here. The last thing we need is a player getting suspended over a drug scandal.

By the way, his drug of choice? Cocaine!

Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 08:08:17 PM »
Common knowledge he liked chasin' two-legged deer, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 09:28:48 PM »
I occasionally read a blind gossip website for grins, and they posted this today.  I wonder who they are talking about?

Interesting. But aren't coke fiends usually thinner?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 08:42:33 AM »
Hopin' Sabathia wasn't named for Canadian Club hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 10:20:18 AM »
Big fan of his during his time in Milwaukee and hope he gets the help needed. He was a joy to watch for several months and appeared to be A+ teammate.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 10:30:25 AM »
Interesting. But aren't coke fiends usually thinner?

I suppose it depends on how big you are to begin with, and how long you have been doing it.  CC could drop thirty pounds and not look significantly different.  My son, on the other hand, would look like he was just recently released from a concentration camp.
Have some patience, FFS.