collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: say goodbye to kiss-cam?  (Read 2485 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
say goodbye to kiss-cam?
« on: September 23, 2015, 10:22:14 AM »
concern for promoting sexual violence?  what the heck are they doing on their kiss-cam?  if anything, if either the girl or the guy feel violated, it's all on camera-heyna??  attorneys are lining up

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/23/syracuse-university-pulls-kiss-cam-after-complaint-about-forced-affection/?intcmp=hpbt3
don't...don't don't don't don't

GGGG

• All American
Re: say goodbye to kiss-cam?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 10:51:20 AM »
Is there a reason you didn't post this in your usual hang out?  That wretched hive of scum and villainy?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 10:55:40 AM »
concern for promoting sexual violence?  what the heck are they doing on their kiss-cam?  if anything, if either the girl or the guy feel violated, it's all on camera-heyna??  attorneys are lining up

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/23/syracuse-university-pulls-kiss-cam-after-complaint-about-forced-affection/?intcmp=hpbt3

You asked: "what the heck are they doing on their kiss-cam?" Did you not fully read the article in your link?

A girl who clearly didn't want to be kissed was pretty much forced to be kissed. What about that didn't you understand?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 02:04:15 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 11:05:30 AM »
The mets one is stupid but if this cuse thing is true then that's terrible and needs to be stopped. I think it could be stopped without stopping the kiss cam but clearly something should be done.
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 11:21:42 AM »
You asked: "what the heck are they doing on their kiss-cam? Did you not fully read the article in your link?

A girl who clearly didn't want to be kissed was pretty much forced to be kissed. What about that didn't you understand?

yes i did read the article mr. angry!  arenas and stadiums around the nation have had this feature for many years-oh boy-cancel the games.  if she didn't want to be kissed, it's all on camera-arrest the dude and sue him.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 11:24:06 AM »
yes i did read the article mr. angry!  arenas and stadiums around the nation have had this feature for many years-oh boy-cancel the games.  if she didn't want to be kissed, it's all on camera-arrest the dude and sue him.

I hate it when I agree with you. But it does sound like it was the people around both of them that pushed their heads together not the guy forcing her to kiss him.
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 11:24:15 AM »
Is there a reason you didn't post this in your usual hang out?  That wretched hive of scum and villainy?

umm-i didn't feel it was a political issue.  do you feel it belongs on "that wretched hive of scum and villainy"?  we can always ask the mods and they can move it, if you feel that uncomfortable about it

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 11:51:31 AM »
The mets one is stupid but if this cuse thing is true then that's terrible and needs to be stopped. I think it could be stopped without stopping the kiss cam but clearly something should be done.

thank you!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 11:55:41 AM »

Is anyone saying "cancel the games?"  Why must you be so dishonest?

Syracuse has made a decision to cancel the kiss cam because some of their fans didn't handle it properly.  They are free to do so.  This isn't a government organization mandating it...or the NCAA.  It is a private university doing what it feels is the right thing.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 12:34:11 PM »

Is anyone saying "cancel the games?"  Why must you be so dishonest?

Syracuse has made a decision to cancel the kiss cam because some of their fans didn't handle it properly.  They are free to do so.  This isn't a government organization mandating it...or the NCAA.  It is a private university doing what it feels is the right thing.

that was a joke/over-reaction on purpose.  why be so serious and reactionary?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 12:43:14 PM »
that was a joke/over-reaction on purpose.  why be so serious and reactionary?

I don't know.  Ask them.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 02:05:25 PM »

That's "Mr. Angry, Sir," to you.

As another commenter stated, Syracuse made a decision it's comfortable with.

And I thought righties were against an over-litigious society.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 07:17:41 PM »
i thought this was a pretty benign issue-but holy kiss cams batman.  i guess i just found it to be an over reaction to chit-can the cam over some cro magnon trying to swap a little spit from a coed coercively.  slap the dudes pee-pee and move on 

yes, righties are against an OVER litigious society, but we aren't against ALL litigation

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 07:27:42 PM »
So you are saying that Syracuse should keep the kiss cam.  Even if it results in lawsuits and violence. Because it's a tradition.

Do I have this right?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2015, 05:14:05 AM »
So you are saying that Syracuse should keep the kiss cam.  Even if it results in lawsuits and violence. Because it's a tradition.

Do I have this right?

i'll go with whatever you think is the right thing to do...ok chief?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 07:04:35 AM »
Seems to me that the article has a point.  When 'no' appears to be the answer the cameraman should move on.  I still find it fun and lighthearted when both participants feel the same way and view it as nothing more than a friendly gesture if that's the nature of their relationship.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 08:31:25 AM »
Seems to me that the article has a point.  When 'no' appears to be the answer the cameraman should move on.  I still find it fun and lighthearted when both participants feel the same way and view it as nothing more than a friendly gesture if that's the nature of their relationship.

absolutely-some times the two people they hone in on aren't even together or the wife/girlfriend of a guy sitting on the other side of them, whatever.  but i agree, if the people on camera look reluctant, the camera dude should just move on rather than provoke.  hell, they might even be able to sue the camera man, the camera company, the camera stand, the arena, the producer, etc shoot till ya win baby.

i think it just needs a dose of common sense which is becoming more and more uncommon

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2015, 08:38:03 AM »
absolutely-some times the two people they hone in on aren't even together or the wife/girlfriend of a guy sitting on the other side of them, whatever.  but i agree, if the people on camera look reluctant, the camera dude should just move on rather than provoke.  hell, they might even be able to sue the camera man, the camera company, the camera stand, the arena, the producer, etc shoot till ya win baby.

i think it just needs a dose of common sense which is becoming more and more uncommon

No kidding.

(Funny, none of you guys claimed to be on the 'kiss cam' with chick at the luncheon yesterday.  Opportunity missed!)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2015, 11:48:27 AM »
Will anybody actually miss it?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 11:54:24 AM »
Simple answer to a tough situation is to never sit nexta anyone ya wouldn't be thrilled to exchange spit with, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 12:12:02 PM »
Around '03, two female, 15 year-old students of mine attended a Blackhawks game with one of the girl's father, (believe it or not, not many people went to Hawks games in this era).

The Kiss Cam shows two or three couples--then focuses on the two high school sophomore girls--and the drunk crowd goes wild.  The Cam shows two more couples, then goes back to the girls.  The Cam does this a third time, and the father is shown on the screen demanding to stop the show.  Dad gets booed and harassed, and the three of them leave the game early.

The Kiss Cam is evil.  Always has been.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2015, 11:55:16 PM »
Around '03, two female, 15 year-old students of mine attended a Blackhawks game with one of the girl's father, (believe it or not, not many people went to Hawks games in this era).

The Kiss Cam shows two or three couples--then focuses on the two high school sophomore girls--and the drunk crowd goes wild.  The Cam shows two more couples, then goes back to the girls.  The Cam does this a third time, and the father is shown on the screen demanding to stop the show.  Dad gets booed and harassed, and the three of them leave the game early.

The Kiss Cam is evil.  Always has been.

Maybe we just do it with more taste out here, which is shocking.  Never seen it with two broads or kids

Usually its an older couple that brings the house down.   As a joke, sometimes they'll show two guys from the opposing team at the end, which I'm sure LGBT groups aren't thrilled about, but maybe they're ok with it.  Who knows.

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2015, 10:42:08 AM »
Mrs. Sheriff and I performed on the kiss cam at the Pittsburgh game three years ago.  There was a pretty good ovation from a full house at the BC that included my son, his family and friends.  It was a lot of fun.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2015, 11:12:05 AM »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2015, 06:34:54 PM »
Mrs. Sheriff and I performed on the kiss cam at the Pittsburgh game three years ago.  There was a pretty good ovation from a full house at the BC that included my son, his family and friends.  It was a lot of fun.

Glow and I acted like we were on a plane going down on the Kiss Cam once.  Glow jr. and Chick jr. were mortified.
Have some patience, FFS.