[Today at 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[Today at 07:48:11 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Little League World Series  (Read 2162 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Little League World Series
« on: August 23, 2015, 08:21:09 PM »
Watching Pennsylvania vs South Carolina, scumbag fans are booing 12 year olds and umpires. People can be a disgrace.

GGGG

• All American
Re: Little League World Series
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 08:21:45 PM »
The LLWS is pretty much a disgrace.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 08:24:32 PM »
Who's gonna be awarded the Riley Crean MVP Trophy, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 08:25:54 PM »

Could not disagree with you more.  Had a great experience with my son's team.  Didn't make it to Williamsport, but got pretty far with the boys.  Another Orange County team won the whole thing.

Hopefully no Chicago or other team is cheAting their ass off this year and bringing in kids outside of their district and the after being caught, claiming it is racist.  Shameful. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 08:28:08 PM »

I don't see why, I've done years  with little league and besides a few dumb and hypocritical rules they're pretty much straight shooters. Just when people have the nerve to boo at a 12 year old pitching in front of millions of people on tv....

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 09:51:58 PM »
Who's gonna be awarded the Riley Crean MVP Trophy, hey?

Is that the one you get for French Tickling the coach?

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 10:04:35 PM »

Having lived around Asia I do know it is a big deal over there. The games are broadcast on Japanese network TV and get big numbers watching.

There are problems with cheating but that's not on the organization. I remember when the Philippine team from Zamboanga won the title but was DQ'd after a Filipino journalist reported that the team was a composite of all stars from throughout the country and most were over age, including a couple 16 year olds!

Before the revelations the team was treated like royalty. After the journailst broke the scam the nation was outraged - not at the cheating but at the reporter who was considered a national traitor!. The guy was actually getting death threats.

Death on call

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 07:41:26 AM »
Watching Pennsylvania vs South Carolina, scumbag fans are booing 12 year olds and umpires. People can be a disgrace.

The umpires are horrendous at balls and strikes.  But anyone who coaches youth baseball knows that umps are conditioned to call anything remotely close a strike or the games would be walkfests.  In my town PONY baseball was bigger than Little League, and having coached both, FWIW, I think it is a better sport for 11-12 years olds.  70 foot bases and the pitchers pitch from 5 feet further back.  Helps the weaker kids with 5 extra feet to hit the ball and extra time to get in front of the batted balls.  LL field is too small for modern 12 year olds, IMO.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 10:36:31 AM by CTWarrior »
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 09:39:13 AM »
The umpires at horrendous at balls and strikes.  But anyone who coaches youth baseball knows that umps are conditioned to call anything remotely close a strike or the games would be walkfests.  In my town PONY baseball was bigger than Little League, and having coached both, FWIW, I think it is a better sport for 11-12 years olds.  70 foot bases and the pitchers pitch from 5 feet further back.  Helps the weaker kids with 5 extra feet to hit the ball and extra time to get in front of the batted balls.  LL field is too small for modern 12 year olds, IMO.

You are not wrong.  LL out here has been decimated by kids leaving for PONY because of the "real baseball" rules.  LL is likely going to have to adapt. 

feedback